Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Random Happenings!

I am way behind in posting, so I thought I'd try to catch up. We've done some fun things and I want to quickly write it down and post the pictures, so I can start writing about summer. So to start off with, way back in June we tried to do some fun things.

The first Sunday in June we woke up early and got ready for church and left home at about 10am. We drove up to Calgary for little Evan's baby blessing. He is such a cute little boy. We enjoyed spending the day with them. After sacrament meeting we went back to their house for dinner. It was fun to relax and visit and let the kids play. Uncle Cody had fun scaring all of them a few times. I love my kids reactions so funny to watch. I am glad we were able to be there.
Grandpa Pitcher with his great grandson, Evan.

Abbi loves to hold babies! Here she is holding Evan.

All the kids running up the stairs, away from Uncle Cody!

Mary and DJ ganging up on Uncle David!

The weather in June was very sporadic. So on the nice days, we tried to take advantage of it and do something. One nice afternoon we drove in to the new Nicholas Sheran park. My kids call it the train park. They love playing there. Usually we are the only ones there. We spent a couple of hours there playing. Eventually my cousin, Kristi, came with her two boys and we played a little bit longer. We had a good time.
DJ going down the big slide. I usually had to stand there so he could give me five on the way down! Silly boy!

Cadence and Brianna showing me how they can do the monkey bars by themselves!

I had this great idea of getting a cute picture of my kids together. Yeah, it didn't really work. This one was the best!

On a nice afternoon I decided to load our bikes on the bike rack and take them down to the fish pond. We would ride but you have to go on the highway a little ways and that makes me a little nervous with three 6 year olds. So we drove there. Then we went and tried out the new paved pathway. It was a lot of fun. We rode our bikes on the pathway till we got to the head gates. Then the kids wanted to walk across and walk down the trail. It was kind of hot out but we sure had fun exploring. DJ loves riding his tag-a-long bike behind me. It was the best purchase ever. Whenever we get on I say to him, "Are you ready DJ?", which he replys, "You ready mom?", and I say, "Yes I'm ready." , and he says, "Me ready." and away we go. The funny thing is, this happens every time we got on the bikes. He's so cute. It was a fun afternoon.
Taking a little water break on the pathway.

Cute DJ, who insists on wearing a hot and glasses, walking down the pathway.
Brianna and Abbi ran ahead and I thought that this was such a cool shot.

All four of my cute kids together!

It was getting a little hot, so we took a break on this bench.

Then the girls wanted to take turns taking pictures. Abbi took this picture of me with Cadence, DJ and Brianna.

Cadence and I!

DJ and Cadence having a little snack back at the fish pond. I had to go help Abbi!



Renee called me one morning and asked if we wanted to come over to her house for a spaghetti party. She told me to have the kids dress up in their swim suits. I bought some fudgsicles and brought them for dessert. The kids were super excited for this. Renee made a huge batch of spaghetti and we had all the kids sit on her front stairs and we told them to eat as messy as they wanted. It was funny to watch and they all had a good time. Then we got some water balloons out and I filled up a bunch. Then we let them have a water balloon fight. Renee always has such good ideas. It was a fun lunch and the kids had a blast.
Here are all the kids sitting on the stairs eating their spaghetti. We started out with giving them some crazy utensil to use. But that didn't last. So we gave them forks and told them to use their fingers too.

Keaton and DJ busy eating their spaghetti!

My three cute girls, eating their lunch!

Abbi really got into the messy part!

DJ enjoying his fudgsicle!

Everyone trying to fill up the water balloons.

All the kids running around trying to throw their balloons!


One morning DJ insisted on wearing two coats. I tried explaining to him that it was hot out. But that didn't matter. So I put his coats on and he got his boots on and he wanted to walk down and feed the horses. But first he had to get his stick horse and ride it to the horses. It was hilarious. Brianna went with him and it was so cute to see them walk on the side of the road. He wanted to show his horse the real horses. Too funny.
Cute DJ riding his horse with Brianna!
We took off one Friday down to the trailer. We were going to take a look at some land on Saturday. We decided to go a day earlier. It was very relaxing on Saturday morning. It was pretty cloudy out. My girls could see some big black clouds and kept telling me a storm was coming. I wasn't paying much attention to them. They went and got a board and I guess they drew some pictures and words on it. They told me later that it said, "WARNING STORM". They were pretty worried about the storm. We've had quite a few bad storms at home lately. There was a tornado warning on the radio on day and they all heard it. It kind of freaked them out. Anyways they did this and went to the end of the driveway and sat on their chairs holding up the sign. When a vehicle was coming one of them would jump up and scream "THERE'S A STORM COMING, TAKE COVER!" We had no clue this was going on. I heard screaming and went to see what was going on. They were running down the driveway and that's when they told me what they were doing! Sheesh, crazy girls. I guess one truck did stop and he rolled down his window and my girls said they threw the sign and ran away from the stranger. Oh my! Just a little bit embarrassing. So we told them they could no longer go down the driveway. They had to stay by the trailer. Sheesh, what are they going to think of next. I should of gotten a picture of them with their sign. But I didn't. Well, we went and looked at the land, and afterwards we decided to drive into Big Fork and have lunch. We stopped on the way to walk down to the river. We got some cute pictures. It was a fast trip but we had a good time.
Brianna, Cadence (with the crazy hair!) and Abbi, standing above this canal of water, I guess it fed into a hydro plant. It was kind of cool to see.

I had this bright idea of getting a family picture of us sitting on this log. As you can see Cadence and DJ were not impressed at all. He kept screaming, "ME GET DOWN!" Oh well, we tried!

DJ finally stopped screaming when his dad lifted him up onto his shoulders.
So that kind of gets us caught up a bit. Now I need to do the July 1st post. Summer has been a blast lately. We've been so busy, and having lots of fun! Have a great weekend!

No comments: