Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Reading Week!

We had the whole week off. When we got back from Kalispell on Sunday, I wasn't feeling the greatest. By Monday, I felt absolutely terrible. So we just stayed home. Richard ended going on camp with the deacons from our ward. The kids were good and kept each other busy and happy. We had a movie night, with popcorn and snacks.
Abbi showed everyone how to make pin wheels. They thought it was pretty cool!

Abbi was pretty proud of herself that she remembered how to do it. Way to go Abbi!


Just a normal lazy morning in our house. DJ watching cartoons on my Ipad!

Did pretty much the same thing on Tuesday. I was starting to feel a little bit better. Not quite as miserable!! The girls had some friends over in the morning. Cadence had her friend, Alexa. They get along really good and have fun together. I believe Abbi had Lillie over and then ended up going over there. Brianna plays good with Cadence and Alexa. Then we had Dustin come play with DJ. It was a fun play date day!

On Wednesday the girls were all in Cheer Camp. It ran from 10-2pm. They were all super excited to go. It was just a one day thing. They came home and were so excited to show us their different moves. Their favorite ones were the pyramid. And since there's three of them, they could show me. It was so funny to watch. We were all laughing pretty good. I took some pictures of them doing it too! They were all happy they went. I was glad they had a good time.
This is my favorite. Cadence thought for sure her sisters were going to drop her.

Brianna has good balance. They had so much fun showing us their different moves!

DJ and I just stayed home and played. I cleaned up the house too. Shelly, had asked earlier in the week if the kids wanted to have a sleep over at her house. So we planned on Wednesday after Cheer Camp. I was going to take them up to Cardston. So DJ and I packed everyones bags and had everything ready when they got home. I didn't tell them about it till we picked them up. They were all super excited. Their cousins, Jazi and Seth had been living there for a bit. This is while Lisa and Brian's new house was being built in Calgary. So they were excited to play with their cousins.

I took them, and stayed there for a while. Then I said good bye to my kids and told them to be good! DJ was happy to stay too! I never know with him! So I came home and met Richard at the house. He changed and we went into Lethbridge to have dinner and shop for a few things. It was perfect! I needed some new jeans. It was a fun evening. Then we came home and watched a movie.

Thursday morning we slept in a little bit, then had a yummy breakfast. Then Richard took off for work. I was relaxing when Shelly called and said Lisa and Brian have to go to Lethbridge and were bringing the kids. They asked if I could watch Seth and Jazzi for a bit too. So that got me moving. I quickly cleaned up and was ready when they got here.

The kids had so much fun just playing with their cousins. It was cold outside, windy and no snow. So they basically stayed inside. Abbi and Seth really wanted to do something different. So I backed out the Escalade and set up a work table in the garage. I gave them each a hammer and some nails. Then I found some wood that they were allowed to use. They were in heaven. I told them if they needed anything cut that they had to get me. They listened very well, and I had to go cut one piece for them. They hammered and designed out there for over an hour. So funny! They loved it! They were just finishing when Lisa and Brian stopped to get their kids. So the afternoon went by really fast.

On Friday we stayed home and cleaned in the morning. I had to take Cadence into an appointment that afternoon. I had a babysitter come watch the other kids. The appointment was quick, so we went shopping too. It was fun to just be with Cadence. She enjoyed it too.

We got home and quickly made supper. The girls had to be at the TK Gym at 6pm that night. They were doing their cheer during half time for the boys Jr. Varsity game. They were excited. So we got there and were able to watch the game too. I really enjoyed it. Especially since it was a super close game and we ended up beating Cardston by 4 points. Anyways, at half time the girls went out there and did about 4 cheers. Then they did a dance to some music. It was super cute and so fun to watch. Loved it! I videoed both, so I didn't get any pictures. Just imagine the cuteness! Ha ha!

On Saturday we were trying to decided what to do as a family. Way back in February we had a FHE lesson on being kind to one another. We had a jar that they put hearts in every time someone did something nice for them. It worked so good. I told them when we put all the hearts in the jar, that we would do something fun as a family. Well it was full, so we decided to do something. We cleaned and then decided to go swimming at the Holiday Inn in Lethbridge. It's the hotel with the water slide water park. The kids were so excited.

We swam for over 3 hrs. Our kids are at the fun age, where they can do everything. Brianna wasn't too sure about the slides at first. She had a bad experience on one of them a few years ago. I finally got her to come down on my lap. She loved it and we couldn't get her off! The girls spent the whole time on the slides, until they closed it down for the waves. Then when it opened up, they were right back on the slides.
Brianna, letting the waves wash over her!

Cadence and I getting warm!

DJ was pretty happy playing around in the wave pool. We would swim with him, and then he would just swim around in his own world. He cracks me up. He got a tube and he was pretending it was a turtle shell. He dunked himself a few times, much to his surprise! Ha ha!
DJ crawling around on his tummy!

This was before he got the tube.

I finally, talked DJ into coming down the slide with me once. He loved it. So we went again. Then he was ready to go by himself. So he would walk up with his sisters, and I stayed at the bottom to catch him. He came down the first time and he was super happy. Then they went up again. Abbi came down first with a tube, and told me DJ was right behind him. I was standing right beside the slide. I could hear some screaming. I was waiting for him to come around the corner. He did and there was a double tube, almost on top of him. He was terrified and screaming his head off. Luckily I was right there and was able to snatch him away before the tube landed on top of him. I wasn't very happy. I told the girls that they need to wait longer. They kept apologizing, but I was still kind of ticked off. I bit my tongue though and was civilized! DJ was done. He was screaming and had wrapped himself around me like a monkey. I was holding him and trying to calm him down. We found Richard, who had just gotten dressed, and he took DJ into the change room.
One of the girls, just came out of the slide. They are under the water!

There's Abbi, Brianna and Cadence. They would sometimes come down together. Until they got in trouble by the life guard!

I went to go get the girls. They wanted to keep swimming, but I told them it was time to go. I let them go down the slide one more time. They loved it. They were moving around so quickly it was hard to get good pictures, but I got a few! We had some fun times.
The best picture I could get of my three girls. They were climbing out to go on the slide again!

We went and got dressed and came out. We were all starving. So we decided to go get something to eat. We started driving to Montana's but then noticed that Boston Pizza's was open. Yeah! I believe it was it's grand opening after the fire. So that's where we went.

We ordered our food. All my kids were starving, so they all ordered their own thing. The food came and they all ate so good. DJ was being a big goofy! We were all laughing at him. It was some fun times together. Our waitress disappeared and we sat there for a long time. At least we had our food. But we needed more drinks. Good thing we can all share!!
Yummy, yummy food!

Ha ha, Abbi looks a little confused!!

DJ with his big smile, as he eats his pizza!

Cadence and her crazy look!

Then the kids got their free dessert which was ice cream with some toppings. We had to wait for that too. As we were waiting, DJ decided he was going to attack me and try to kiss me on my lips. He does this once in a while, and it's always in public. Crazy kid. So I'd hurry and turn my head, so he kisses my cheek. He thought that was so funny.
DJ kissing me on the cheek!

He was trying really hard to turn my head! What a boy!

Love this picture of my funny loving boy! So cute!

Then the ice cream came and everyone enjoyed their treat! I am so glad we decided to go have fun as a family. It was a blast. We came home and the kids took turns having showers or baths, so we could wash their hair. I love Saturday nights, the kids are always so nice and clean!! Ha ha!
Waiting for their ice cream.

Cadence and her eye rolling! She does that everytime I tell her to smile!

Abbi loved the ice cream but was starting to get cold.

DJ was cold too. He had to eat it with his coat on!

So that was our Reading week off of school. Nothing too exciting, but we enjoyed having the week off of school. I love having my kids home!

1 comment:

Shelley said...

You totally have your own cheer squad!! Sounds like they had fun! I also like the "jingle" Christmas decoration that is still out. Hahaha