Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Our Craziness (Mine and Richard's)!!

OK I did a post on the things my kids have done lately, so I thought it was only fair to post a few things that Richard and I have done too! Ha ha!

1. Our rental fell through a week before we had to move. So we decided to go back to our original plan and live in our trailer. So we had to find a place for all of Richard's work stuff. He decided to fix up the old garage out on the farm. So he called me and I went out and helped clean it out. Wow, it was a huge mess. We spent all morning and we filled up our old trailer. I had to laugh at it, it was really full!

2.  We moved at the end of May. Richard and I spent the whole week moving things out. On Saturday we were just finishing everything up and moving our trailer down to the Covered Wagon (our rental fell through so we are now in our trailer)! Anyways, we were all done. We were EXHAUSTED!! It was a LONG week. We were taking the flat deck trailer out to the farm to unhook. I was pulling it with the Escalade. Megan was with me. We turned onto the gravel and were almost to the farm when there was a huge BOOM! Scared us to death. The back window literally exploded. There was glass everywhere. I was shocked. It took 2 weeks for us to get it replaced. So we were really the red necks living in our trailer with our glassless back window!! Ha ha!! I was so happy when we got it fixed.
Our awesome looking Escalade with the bed sheet in the window!

Then we stepped up to the plastic look!! Ha ha!

3. For FHE one night we were invited to go out with the Jackson's and milk a cow. The kids were really excited. So we got there and Bro. Jackson was showing us how it's done. I sat down and milked a little bit (that used to be one of my jobs growing up). One of the girls sat in front of me, but kept jumping. It scared the cow and she proceeded to kick over the bucket of milk. There wasn't that much milk in it though!! Then Richard sat down to try. I didn't realize that he has never milked a cow before. It was super funny. He thought it'd be so easy and the look on his face, when nothing was happening, was priceless. He tried so many times but nothing came out!! We had a good laugh!
Richard trying so hard to milk the cow!

4. So the first week in the trailer was OK. But by the end of the week I was not a happy camper. I was snapping at everyone and just getting super frustrated with everything. I had to take a step back and figure out what my problem was. I started thinking of what I did at home when I got this way. The funny thing is I would always walk down to the deep freeze and take a big handful of chocolate chips. Then I would slowly eat them. One handful would do, and it would help me chill!! Ha ha! Maybe it's all in my head but it really does help me. So I told Richard and the next time I went to Lethbridge I bought myself a big bag of chocolate chips that I could put in the freezer. Life is good now!! Ha ha! Sad but very true!
A necessity in my life!!

5. Being all squished in the trailer all the kids have realized how loud their dad snores sometimes!! It's so true. He's not loud all the time, but sometimes he wakes me up. I nudge him and he'll shift and stop snoring! Anyways, the kids all think it's so funny that their dad snores! It's become a family joke!!

6. Richard has been working hard, doing his normal job and also working on our house. It's nice that we are so close to the farm. The kids and I can go out and take him supper and say hi to him whenever! He's been so tired every night. I think he's been having CRAZY dreams because he's woke me up so times with him yelling in his sleep. The other night I woke up to a weird noise and looked over at Richard and he had his hands by his mouth and making really loud raspberry noises. So funny. I asked what he was doing and he told me he was playing the trombone. I can usually talk to him and he will answer me, but doesn't remember in the morning. Too funny!

No comments: