Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Family Fun Day!

So last Thursday was the girls' Family Fun Day with their pre-school. I thought ahead and had my mom watch DJ for me. We were coming back from Lethbridge so I dropped him off on the way home. Then the girls and I got ready to go to the school.


We got there and the gym was all set up like a safari. The girls got their name tags on and they were in the tiger group. They ended up being the only ones in the group so they moved two more kids with their moms over so that was good.


The first center we went too was the big bouncy house. The girls had a BLAST! Abbi thought it was hilarious that it was so bouncy. She kept screaming, "Mom this is soooo bouncy!" Brianna was having a hard time keeping her new skort (skirt with shorts attached underneath) on her. At one point she bounced right out of them! Cadence just laughed and laughed because she thought her sisters were so funny! Cadence, Brianna and Abbi in the bouncy house! They love their new outfits, and they look so springy in them!!



We then went to the face painting center. This is where I start to run into trouble. Because they wanted the moms to paint an animal face (whatever the kid wants) on their face. We only have so much time and there's no way I can do 3 faces. So, luckily, the teachers thought of us ahead of time and had an extra teacher there to tag along with me. So I painted butterflies on Abbi and Brianna while Mrs. Murray painted one on Cadence. Then the girls got to paint a face on their own balloons. Of course they did butterflies! Cadence checking out her butterfly face. She was happy with it, I think she's just concetrating here! ha ha!


Don't you love Abbi and Brianna's faces! I don't think I'll go into a face painting profession....not my thing!



Then it was on to the snack center. They got to chose a snack and then sit on a blanket and watch an animal movie while they ate. Their teacher, Mrs. Clifton, took them one by one to get a picture by their favorite animal. Then she was taking a picture of families in the zebra bus. So the girls and I got to do that!

Cadence wanted to have her picture taken with the giraffe.
Brianna chose the elephant. That's the pose she gave her teacher, arms folded with a funny look on her face!
Abbi wanted to have her picture taken with the hippo. I love that they all chose a different animal!
Abbi, Brianna and Cadence in the zebra school bus! The teacher took one with me sticking my head out of the window with each girl!




After snack we got to go to the craft center where they each got to make an animal on a popsicle stick. Again, glad I had help. I made lions for Cadence and Brianna and Abbi made a monkey with Mrs. Murray. The girls loved that. Then they each made a pair of binoculars from toilet paper rolls. So cute!


The last center was a game center. First they got to show us how they knew their numbers by rolling the dice and then putting that many dots on a piece of paper. They did very good. Then we got to play different animal games that were set up. It was a lot of fun!


At the end they each got to take a peacock feather home. It was a huge hit and the girls were so proud of their feathers. It was a fun afternoon. So glad that I didn't have DJ with me so I could focus on the girls. It was perfect.


We left to go pick up DJ to see how he did. Mom said that they had so much fun. He thought it was great that he had Grandma all to himself. They had lunch together and played with the toys downstairs. Then came up to watch a movie and had a pillow fight. He loves his Grandma and had a lot of fun! Thanks mom for watching him!

Driving back to my mom's to pick up DJ. The sky was starting to get very dark out. I grabbed my camera and took a quick snap while driving. It started snowing about 1hr later, just a little!



Thursday night we were asked to go to the temple with a couple in our ward to do sealings with them. They had names of 45 couples and their kids to seal together. It was a wonderful experience and I am so glad we were able to go. It's neat to hear those words again when you can actually focus on them and the blessings that we can receive. It was a wonderful evening.


Saturday Richard had to work ALL day. So I was trying to figure out what to do to keep us busy. Stacey dropped off Mikah and Shaylee here in the morning. They were with us all day, it was so nice. We did some quick shopping in Lethbridge then went out to the farm for lunch. DJ had a nap while we ate and the kids played outside. Then I had to wake him up in order to get to Raymond in time for the dress rehersal for show choir. It was fun to watch and the kids did great. DJ got a little antsy but he even liked the fast songs with all the fancy actions. There sure were some cute songs they sang! Abbi was done about 3/4 of the way through. I bribed her with a slurpee if she sat there. She was so hot that she ended up taking off her shoes and socks. She would of taken off more but I stopped her! It was hot in there, but I tried to explain to her that you can't take off clothes just because your hot! Silly girl!


We made it through and we all got some slurpees afterwards. Then we went back out to the farm and played and had Cassi's birthday dinner with her. Then it was cake and ice cream. So it was a fun day for all of us. Except for Richard, who had to work with a mouse as his helper! ha ha! He was in a crawl space for 6 hrs with a furry little friend running around. Yuck. There's no way I would of stayed down there. Brave man!


Sunday we all went to church. It feels like forever since we've all gone together. The last couple months have been a little crazy with sickness. But we are all feeling great. DJ screamed his head off when we took him to nursery, which tells me that it's been too long since he's been to church. But he stopped after a minute and had a blast the rest of the time! We got home and I was determined to keep him awake since it was too late for a nap. Well he had other ideas. The kids all went into DJ and Cadence's room and were watching a movie. I noticed it was a little quiet and went to check on them. DJ was sound asleep and Abbi was curled up on him watching the movie. Cadence was curled up in her bed watching the movie too. It was pretty cute! DJ sound asleep with Abbi curled up on him watching a movie. Cadence all comfortable on her bed watching a movie too!



So that was our exciting weekend. Have a great rest of the week!

No comments: