Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Spring....Is That You?!

I'm afraid I'll jinx things if I say too much about the weather, but I think spring might be here. YEAH! What a crazy, long winter. I know I'm not the only one that feels that way...it was WAY TOO LONG! My kids have had a blast playing outside lately. I think every pair of shoes and boots we have are packed with mud! I don't care, at least they are outside playing!


This year has been so bad for us with sickness. It's kind of been an on-going thing the past couple of months. I'm kind of tired of it and am hoping we are done with it! A couple of weeks ago we ALL got strep throat. It was horrible. I had it too. I noticed Abbi and Cadence had these weird sores on their chin, nose and hand. I took them in and they had strep throat and it was strep that was on their hand and faces (there is a term for it that I can't remember). Then a day later I got it and so did Brianna and DJ. We were a miserable bunch that weekend. We ate a lot of popsicles! By Sunday most everyone was feeling a little bit better, except for me! But we all stayed home just to be sure. I just stayed in bed most of the day. Luckily Richard didn't get as sick. The girls did many things to keep busy while we were taking turns being sick. Here Cadence and Abbi froze some water in a cup and were playing "hockey" with them in the bathtub! They thought it was great!


We baked many yummy things too! Brianna licking off the banana bread batter! Yum!
DJ really got into it and was a huge mess afterwards!


The other day I was picking things up around the house. The kids were running around playing. I had a handful of stuff to go in the bathroom. So I went in and was putting it away. Then I happened to look in the mirror and was fixing my crazy hair! At that moment Abbi, who had been quietly hiding, jumped out of the bathtub screaming BOO. Oh my, I think I had a heart attack. I jumped and threw everything in my hands in the air and SCREAMED! It scared me so bad! Abbi started laughing so hard. She was so proud of herself. She kept telling me, "Mom I hide in there and was so quiet, you didn't know I was there." Yes Abbi you did! I had just finished explaining to the girls how to really play hide and seek. I told them that once they hide, they have to be quiet. They always jump out laughing, usually before the person even gets in the room. So I told them how to play about an hour before. So she practised on me! She had to run and tell her dad how bad she scared me! It was pretty funny!


That same night I was laying on DJ's bed and lifting the mattress above me with my feet. So Cadence and Abbi would get a little lift! This was after supper. Anyways, Abbi kept yelling, "Again, again, do it again mom." So I did. This time I happened to lift it pretty high. Well all of the sudden Abbi came flying over the bar headfirst. It happened so fast, she grabbed the railing with her hand, which made her swing onto DJ's bed and she landed right beside me. Of course it freaked her out, but she didn't get hurt. I'm such a good mom, I started laughing so hard, because it had looked so funny. I gave her a hug, but couldn't stop laughing. She then started laughing too! Ooops, maybe I should be more careful!

DJ decided to get out of the tub by himself. He grabbed a towel and wrapped it around himself! It was so cute. He thought he was so big!
On Saturday I bought a bedroom set for Richard and I off of kijiji. I love it. We got a big dresser with a mirror and 2 nightstands. So we totally reorganized our room to make everything fit and look nice. We also took the tv out of our room and put it in DJ and Cadence with just the DVD player. We moved furniture around and got rid of some old stuff we had too. I found an old wall mirror that was hiding behind stuff. I was going to throw it away but then decided to put it in Abbi and Brianna's room. Richard mounted it at their height for them. The girls were so excited. They spent all afternoon "dressing up" and doing each others hair in front of the mirror. It was hilarious to listen to them. I would hear, "Oh you look beautiful." or "that looks gorgeous on you." or "do I look like a princess?", "oh yes dear, you are a pretty princess." It was so funny they would talk like that to each other. Richard and I were laughing so hard. At one point I asked DJ if his sister's were princesses, he looked at me then put both hands out and danced up on his toes and sang, "La la la la", while pointing to his sisters. I asked if he was a princess and he quickly said, "Uh uh" while shaking his head. It was cute!


Sunday morning we woke up to a bunch of snow on the ground. DJ and Cadence were excited to go out and play. So after breakfast they both went out for about 30 mins. They had a blast playing outside. It wasn't very cold out, so that was nice. This is what we woke up too on Sunday morning. Not too much, but enough to go have fun in!


Cadence doing a "snow angel" on her tummy! She thought it was funny! DJ playing with his dump truck in the snow.
DJ had fun running around in the snow. Don't you love his pink gloves! His snow pants are WAY too small on him too. I couldn't even zip it all the way up! He's growing up way too fast!
Cadence showing me her snow angels. It's her favorite thing to do!




After they came in we got everyone ready to go to the church to watch conference. We watched Sunday morning conference at the church. I had printed out conference packets for all of the kids. That kept them quiet for awhile. It was cute, because the girls would ask me who was speaking whenever a new speaker came up. They had pictures of Pres. Monson, Pres. Uchtdorf and Pres Eyering, where they had to color in their tie to match what they were wearing. They loved it. DJ had a harder time keeping quiet but he did pretty good. We made it the two hours and got to hear most of the talks! I love conference and can't wait to read them in the Ensign.


The girls have been bugging me to get their hair cut. They all wanted short hair. I told them that it was up to them. So I took them yesterday and they all got it cut to their chin in a bob. They all look so cute. They're very happy with their haircuts! They've got a lot of comments about their matching hair cuts and they love it! Cadence, Brianna and Abbi with their new haircuts and in their new outfits I bought them at Costco! I love their hair and so do they! So easy to do and without all the screaming that usually happens! So nice!



So there's my very random post about a few things we've been up too. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

Jay&Nic said...

Loved this post! Your stories are so cute...what funny kids you have! I'm sure they keep you laughing all day:) Glad everyone is starting to feel better..ugh..hopefully its nice weather for you guys here on out!