Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fun Times In The Summer!

The summer is FLYING by way too fast. We've been so busy this summer and we've been having tons of fun! So I thought I'd do a list, with pictures, of what we've been up too!

BOWLBY REUNION
This was the beginning part of July. They had it at the Magrath Stake Campground, which was very convenient for us. So away we went. It started in the morning but my little DJ was not having the best day. I made an appointment for him and we went to the reunion after lunch. Then I left the girls there and ran to Raymond with DJ. Sure enough he had a double ear infection, poor boy. He's scheduled in Sept for tubes again. So that will be good. Then we came back and he got to play a little too. The girls had a blast playing with their cousins (2nd cousins). It was a great way for them to get to know each other. Of course, the big water slide was a hit too! Then we had a dinner and did lots of visiting. There was a silent auction too and the girls were all excited to come home with something, oh DJ too! It was a blast. A big thanks to Tina and Dawn, you guys did lots of work and it was a great day!
Abbi was the first one brave enough to try this huge, man made, water slide!

Then Cadence went. I took the picture just as she tensed out and was about to freak out. She didn't cry though, but she cringed and had a funny look on her face! She did go again though!

Brianna loved it. She had a blast going again and again!

Here's Brianna in a train with her cousins. They did this over and over. They loved it!

I talked my girls into going with me. We flew down, and got soaked by the time we hit the bottom. My feet are too big and made the water splash up into my face!

Relaxing and getting warm with Grandma Spencer. Dallin, and his SIL, Marrissa with her baby Bryanna.

DJ wasn't a fan of the big water slide so he had fun with this. It entertained him for awhile. This was after the doctor's appointment and with some pain medication in him....makes a big difference!

BACKYARD FUN
We've had some hot days this year and it's been great. On those days we've gotten out our pools and sprinklers. When that happens my girls run around to all the houses in our neighbourhood to invite their friends over. They've had lots of fun with their neighbourhood friends! I've had to make a rule that they have to come tell me where they're going first, before they run off. One time I was in folding clothes and noticed it was all quiet. Went to look outside and all my kids were gone. Started looking and found them at the end of the street getting their friend, Lilly. Good thing we live in a small town. My kids have never had neighbours with small kids before, so they think this is great!
Love this picture of my kids. They were having fun running around playing and I told them to get together for a picture and this is what they did!

DJ running around in the rain (you can't tell but it was raining)!

Cadence and Abbi singing and dancing in the rain!

My girls with 2 of their friends playing in the rain!

This has been a big hit, the big slide going into the pool. DJ had so much fun doing it. One night I was getting him ready for bed and had taken his clothes off. He took of running and laughing. I picked up his clothes and slowly went after him. Well I didn't realize that he had gone out the sliding door and was going down the slide into our pool....NAKED! Yup, he was in his birthday suit! He thought it was hilarious. Our neighbours right beside us happened to be bbqing at the time. They were laughing! They have twin boys (8 mths old) and I laughed and told them to just wait, their boys might be doing the same thing next year!!

Abbi going into our little pool with our little slide. Of course we can't help but get muddy because we still don't have grass...oh well!

Cadence making a big splash in the pool. Funny story about this pool....I looked out the window one day and saw all the kids standing around the pool laughing. I went out to investigate and found them watching our neighbours little puppy swimming everywhere. I told Abbi to take it out and she kept saying, "But mom, she likes to swim." Then she picked up the puppy and the puppies legs were all still moving in the air like it was swimming and Abbi said, "See she likes it.", as she dropped it back into the water. I made her take it back and apologize to our neighbour. This is her apology that I heard from my deck. "I'm so sorry I put your puppy in our pool. BUT SHE SWIMS LIKE A FISH." It was hilarious. She yelled the last part because she was so excited! That girl cracks me up!

Everyone playing and having fun. Don't you love our back yard!! It'll be done one day. But we do love how big it is, it's great!
MAGRATH DAYS
So the Saturday before we took off to Little Bow for a week happened to be Magrath Days. Richard worked HARD the whole day so he could go on holidays. Sounds like last year, oh well! I told him he had to come next year! We went to the parade first. I forgot my camera, so no pictures. But the kids had fun waving and yelling hi so people could throw candy to them! My mom and Cam came over and watched with us. Then we came back home and had lunch together. Afterwards the kids and I had to go to the church to clean. July was our month to clean all the entry ways and foyers. After we cleaned we went to the party at the park. The kids loved the petting zoo and the jumpy, slide thingys!

It was hot and they wanted to swim. So we ran home to get their swimsuits on and came back. I was able to sit there and watch while they all swam and had a good time. Then we went over to where they had the stage. The kids wanted to sit right up front. So we did, front and center. It was LOUD! But they loved dancing to the music and actually sat there really good. We got free beef on a bun with a bottle of water. So that was our supper. Then we came home and they all went to bed so good for me! It was a fun day, even though we did miss having Richard with us.
Brianna jumping in the bouncy house!

Abbi just came flying down the slide.

Cadence jumping and having fun.

DJ had a blast in there. That is after I forced him in! Mean mom, but we didn't wait in line for 30mins for him not to go in. Once he was in he had a blast!
I was so impressed that Cadence went up to this pig all by herself and petted it. She is getting much braver around animals!

Love the look on Cadence's face, so cute!

Abbi holding a cute rabbit. We were waiting for a turn to hold a rabbit when Abbi came up with this one. She did that a few times. There were so many people in there and of course everyone wanted a rabbit, and somehow Abbi got 2. Maybe I don't want to know how she got them!

Brianna holding the rabbit.

DJ insisted on holding the rabbit. I was quite impressed that he actually held it by himself. He was so proud of himself!

The other cute little rabbit that Abbi got somehow!

Brianna just came down the huge slide.

Abbi coming down the big slide.

Cadence coming down the big slide.

Brianna, Abbi and Cadence listening to the music while DJ and I stood in the big line to get our free beef on a bun.

DJ chillaxing while we were being blasted with music!

DJ, Cadence and Abbi watching the performers on the stage.
CALGARY TRIP
I decided one morning that we'd go to Calgary to play with Lisa's kids and because Eric and Shelley took Kyle, Ella and Declan there too. So we hurried and packed and away we went. I stopped at Walmart to get a few things and bought the new movie, Rio. Best buy ever, they all sat there and watched the movie so good. It made the trip so easy! We got there and met everyone at Chaparral Lake. It was a beautiful day and the kids had a blast playing in the sand and water. The best part was we were right beside a playground too. So they had a blast. After we went back to Brian and Lisa's and had beef on a bun for supper. The kids had fun playing with their cousins. Cadence had a little mishap though. She was riding Jazzi's scooter and fell off and landed on her forehead on the pathway. The poor girl had a huge bump with road rash on it. She was miserable after that. So we packed up and drove the 10 mins to Cody and Emily's. We spent the night there. The girls were excited to have a sleepover at Ali's house!

In the morning we went to a park. They played for a bit. DJ was acting so weird, was crying over EVERYTHING. Drive me crazy. We then decided to go to the mall so Cadence could get her ears pierced (that's another post!), and have lunch. So we did that and had fun. Then we dropped Emily and the girls off and headed for home. It was a fun little trip!
Jasmine, Abbi and Brianna playing in the sand together.

DJ swam in the water for a long time. He had a blast! My little cool dude!

All the Spencer grandkids (missing Spence, who was born a week later).

Brianna and Cadence at the playground.

There is Cadence's big bump on her forehead. Poor girl:(

Brianna on the slide, she kept asking me to take a picture.

Ali and Abbi swinging together.

The four crazy girls on the slide together.

Grumpy DJ walking around the playground!
UNCLE BRENT THE COP!
The day that we were coming home from Calgary I had to stop in at our rental place on the west side in Lethbridge. Oh this was after our little incident at the gas station in Claresholm. Oh my, that was a little crazy. Between all the kids having to pee and someone was in the lady's bathroom so I checked the men's (no stalls just a little room with toilet and sink) and it was empty. So I had all the kids go in there, much to a lady's disgust (she was waiting in line before us). She gave me quite the look and I just laughed at her! Anyways that was done, except DJ refused to go. The kids all got a treat and we went out to the burb, where I had filled it with gas. DJ then started SCREAMING and telling m he had to pee. So I left the girls in the burb and ran back in. He went and had to switch his treat to something else (sheesh). Came out and buckled him in and then opened the back door to get drinks for everyone. Well this same lady that was in the store happened to be behind me at the gas pump. She stepped out of her car and very rudely said, "Please move, as you can see I'm boxed in and can't leave till you do." (she was not happy). Anyways I looked and replied, "Well you'll just have to wait a little bit longer, I'm just about ready to go." She got back in her car and shut the door. I was so annoyed. It wasn't like I purposely blocked her in, because she's the one that pulled in after me. But whatever, I finished what I was doing and then we left.

Anyways, got to the rental and had to pick up the mower to take back to Coaldale to get fixed. What a royal pain. I dropped it off, and by that time I was at my wits end with screaming kids! I had a thought to call Brent who works for the Lethbridge Police but is stationed in Coaldale. He was excited and told me to bring the kids to the station, which is the fire station. So we went and the kids were excited to see him in uniform and in his car. We always talk about Uncle Brent being a cop but they've never seen him as one. So that was exciting to them. He let them sit in the car with him and he turned on the lights. Then he took us into the station to see the fire trucks. Oh boy, talk about DJ about jumping out of his skin, he was so EXCITED. He was jumping and screaming and pulling on Uncle Brent's hand toward the biggest fire truck. He was in heaven. He kept yelling, "MORE VRRMMMM". So cute! The girls loved it too. They got to climb in every truck and check it out. It was a lot of fun. Thanks Uncle Brent you are the BEST!!!
Uncle Brent kept telling the kids that it was okay to get in the car. They weren't too sure about it all and had lots of questions for him. He was so good at answering them and showing them how things work.

They finally all got in! This is after he showed them how the computer works, and that the rifle is locked above his head and won't fall out!
Uncle Brent with his nieces and nephew!

Uncle Brent showing them some of the things at the back of the fire truck. As you can see they were all very fascinated!

Cadence, DJ, Abbi and Brianna on the fire truck!

Checking out the fireman's hat. They sure had fun!
I just realized that my quick list turned into a LONG one! Oh well, that kind of catches me up a little bit. I still have a few more posts to do. It's crazy how busy we have been. It's been a lot of fun!

No comments: