Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Things Kid Say And Do!

I am way behind in posting but a few things have happened and I HAD to write them down before I forgot. We have been so busy this summer having so much fun. Of course my kids say the funniest things sometimes that just crack me up. Here are a few of them:

1. We were having FHE the other night about some of the changes in our schedules with school coming up. I was making a list of the things that need to be done in the morning before they went to school. Brianna spoke up and said, "We need to brush our teeth, so they don't stink." Right at that moment Macy (our dog) walked by her and did a silent, but stinky, fart. Well the look on her face was priceless. She jumped up and yelled, "EEWWW, my teeth stink really bad." Before I could say anything she ran to the bathroom and brushed her teeth. Well Abbi just about fell off her chair she was laughing so hard. She thought it was hilarious. Brianna then came back and sat down then said, "Oh my teeth still stink." We stopped her and explained what happened. But I don't think she really believed us. Because the next morning after she brushed her teeth she told me, "Mom my teeth were so stinky last night." I told her it was Macy and she had a funny look on her face and said, "OOOHHHH." So funny!

2. Abbi has gotten into the bad habit this summer to hiss at me when she's mad. Yup you heard right, she puts her hands up (like a kitty) and hisses at me. It was funny the first few times, but then not so much after that. She would do it wherever we were. But she no longer does that, thank goodness!

3. DJ is starting to say a few words, which is nice. He loves going to speech and does so well with the speech therapist. I have to really work with him at home because he'll say words at speech and he comes home and does his grunts and signs and gets what he wants. So I have to be more diligent in having him say his words. Anyways one night we were getting the kids ready for bed and they were brushing their teeth. I grabbed DJ's toothbrush and put toothpaste on it and handed it to him. He started getting mad and said, "UUHHH MOM, AH VRRMMMM, UUHHHH LALALA." Yes he yelled it at me. Now to translate, he was saying no mom I want the cars toothpaste not the princess toothpaste. I accidentally put the wrong toothpaste on. He calls everything girly, lalala, which means princess. Too funny! He was pretty disgusted with me.

4. Cadence has her certain clothes that she loves. She always cracks me up with to wear. Most of the time I let her be, because who really cares, as long as she's happy! Last week I had to take her and DJ to the doctors. Cadence had put on DJ's shorts, they were green and blue plaid shorts, and her cowboy shirt, which was pink and black stripes. It was quite the outfit. I was in the hurry and I was going to make her change her shorts, but forgot. Oh on top of that she went and put about 3 or 4 (can't remember how many) big bows in her hair and clipped one on the front of her shirt. That's her thing right now, a bow or flower bow clipped on her shirt. Oh I forgot, she also had a hair elastic on her wrist with 2 flower bows clipped on that. So, yeah, she was quite the sight. She totally cracks me up with the things she wears! We got to the doctor and I wanted him to check her right ear. She had swimmers ear and I had treated it for a week. Well I ended up holding her down so he could check her ear. By the time we were done the doctor asked Cadence, "Are you always a handful for your mom?" Cadence replied with a huge smile on her face, "Yes I am."! It cracked me up! The poor girl still had swimmers ear. It's now been two weeks, I'm kind of scared to go get her checked again, hopefully it's better now. Sheesh! Oh all the nurses complimented Cadence on her outfit. She was pretty happy.

5. Sometime this summer (can't remember when!), I took the kids to the post office to grab the mail. Usually I just run it and get it but they all wanted to so I let them. Well we got in there, and we were the only ones there. They all started fighting over who got to open the box and hold the mail. So I just did it. They were all screaming and the girls were hitting each other.....yeah it was a little crazy, all over mail! Sheesh! All of the sudden there was this voice that loudly said, "Did you know that Santa is watching you all year round. You better be good for your mom, or Santa won't visit your house." Something to that effect. Well my kids all froze and just stood there listening. Then they looked at me with these shocked faces. It worked though, they stopped fighting and were no longer screaming! They kept asking me who that was. I kept telling them it must of been one of Santa's helpers. They were dumbfounded! It was so cute. Want to say THANK-YOU to Santa's helper!

6. Brianna has had a few sleep walking episodes lately. The other day she woke up with both hands bright blue. It was the weirdest thing ever. She couldn't figure out how it happened and neither could I. An hour later I was cleaning the kitchen and opened one of my cupboard doors and solved the mystery. There was a blue food dye upside down in the cupboard and blue dye everywhere. Hence, why we couldn't wash it off her hands. I asked her if she remembered doing it and she said no. I always wondered who was going to take after their father in the sleep walking department. That answers our questions....Brianna! It was kind of bizarre!

So those are a few of the things that I could remember. Sorry no pictures this time. I promise to do more posts on what we've been up to.

No comments: