Spencer's

Spencer's

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Halloween!

A little late, but here is what we did on Halloween this year. Oh as a side note today is DJ's BIRTHDAY!!! So crazy to think my baby is 3! So I will, of course, do a post on his birthday soon! But back to Halloween. I'm seriously not a Halloween kind of person. Some people go all out, but not at our house! Sure we carve pumpkins, and the kids get dressed up, but that's about it. Oh on one day I did make some sugar cookie dough and let the kids go at it. It was a new recipe I was trying out....not a good idea. They tasted awful. But they sure had fun making them. Then the kids had fun licking icing off the cookies! Because the icing was delicious, the cookies not so much! Oh well, I tried!


The kids were so excited to help carve out the pumpkins. They all insisted that the pumpkins couldn't be too scary. We had two pumpkins so I did one and Richard the other. Under the direction of our kids, of course! They had to clean out the pumpkins. They did very good. It was funny to watch! Sadly, I didn't get a picture of the finished product, for some crazy reason. But I did get some of them cleaning the pumpkins out. They were so excited to put the flashlights in and check them out in the dark. Our neighbours across the road saw us putting them out and came out on their deck and told the kids they loved their pumpkins. Well that made their night!
Brianna and Cadence worked together to clean out the pumpkin. After Cadence got over being grossed out she went crazy cleaning it out!!

DJ and Abbi worked together and cleaned out their pumpkin. They were a good team!

The Saturday before Halloween my kids were invited over to their friends house for a Halloween party. Again, they were all so excited. DJ would NOT get dressed up, but he wanted to go. So he went as a party pooper!! ha ha! The girls dressed up and away we went. They ran around and played and had a fun time.

On Monday morning, it was a little crazy getting the girls all ready for school. But we made it. Abbi went as a ladybug, Brianna was a witch and Cadence was a kitty cat! They had a fun Halloween party at school and were very excited to come home and tell me all about it.

After lunch we got them dressed up again, with DJ too, and ran back to the school for the Halloween parade. Each grade paraded around the gym for everyone to see. It was fun to see the girls do it and watch them see all the other costumes. There were some cute dogs dressed up too. It was fun!
My cute kids all ready to go to the Halloween parade!

Abbi wanted to look like a lady bug by crouching low on the floor. So everyone had to copy her!

There's Brianna in the Halloween parade!

Abbi and Cadence with their teacher Mrs. Cook!
Abbi, Cadence and Brianna sitting on the floor watching the rest of the parade.

We came home and got the girls ready for dance lessons. This whole day was a little crazy and we were busy all day. Cadence started complaining about her stomach, but I didn't take her too seriously. We both layed down and rested for a bit. She said she was ok and I took her. I ended up staying in the lobby and she came out once. But she wanted to go back in and dance. They were dressed up for dance too. We came home and within minutes Cadence was crying about her tummy so I grabbed a big bowl and gave it to her and layed her down on her bed with a movie. I was just giving her the bowl when she proceeded to throw up and I was able to catch it in the bowl. The poor girl was so sick. She threw up 3 times. So needless to say she did not go trick or treating. Which she was very sad about. But I took her bag and got candy for her for later.

So I took Abbi, Brianna and DJ. DJ was so excited. I told my kids to always remember to say, "Thank you" after getting something. So they did. By the 5th or 6th house I heard DJ yell, "TANK UUUUU". I was shocked! He said thank you and I've been trying to get him to say it for a LONG TIME. Now he says it all the time. What a silly boy! Abbi was done by the 8th house, which isn't normal. So we finished the street and on the way home did a few more stops, then called it good. The girls were exhausted and didn't even try to eat any candy, they went straight to bed. Which should of been a sign for me. Because they both woke up throwing up that night too. So we had 3 throwing up 5yr olds. NOT FUN! It was a crazy, stinky night. We had that washer and dryer going all night. Luckily Richard stayed home on Tuesday to help me out with the sick kids.
Abbi, DJ and Brianna with their bags full after going trick or treating. Oh notice Brianna's change of costume. We lost her witch outfit between dance lessons and supper (about 45mins). It was gone, we looked everywhere. So she became a pirate. Luckily she was happy with that!

DJ was fine. We were trying to put him to bed and kept catching him sneaking candy into his bed. He was in heaven! Luckily he didn't get sick. The poor girls had the flu. I had agreed to drive the school bus for someone in Raymond for Tues and Wed. It worked out with Richard staying home. We had a fun Halloween but ended up sick! Oh well! So that was our crazy Halloween!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that you guys were sick. That would be horrible to have 3 kids throwing up and sick at once. Your kids were so cute dressed up in their costumes!