Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, November 7, 2011

Visiting Morton's Ranch!

Richard's Aunt Karen and Uncle Everett Morton live on a ranch out by Del Bonita. She's always told us that we are more then welcome to come visit and ride horses if we want. My kids have been bugging me so much lately to ride horses. So we went out a couple of Friday's ago. Megan came with us, and my kids were SO EXCITED!!!

We got there and Julie, Richard's cousin, was saddling up so she could practise roping. Megan rode a horse around and helped push the calves back into the pen. The kids and I watched. They were pretty fascinated with watching the calf run and Julie roping it. I was too, she was really good. As we were standing against the corral fence, I was holding DJ. All of the sudden DJ screamed and was flailing his arms everywhere. I felt something grab my shirt. I looked up and a crazy cat had jumped off the fence and landed on DJ's head. The cat then reached down with it's claws and grabbed my shirt. I was having a hard time getting it off DJ's head. Of course he was freaking out. I finally was able to throw it off. Crazy cat. It happened again where it landed on my shoulder. I hate cats, especially when they're jumping on me. DJ kept calling it a monster, he'd shake his head and yell, "MO (meaning no) aarrrrrrr (meaning monster)!"
DJ was kind of ok with holding a kitten. He just didn't like it when the kitty got stuck to him!

My 3 cute girls watching what was going on.

My 4 cute kids.

DJ has to copy anything his sisters do!

Julie roping a calf.

After Julie finished practising Megan started giving the girls each a ride with her. It was perfect. Cadence was a little hesitant at first but then she didn't want to get off. DJ even asked me to ride the horse. I was shocked. So I lifted him up to Megan and he was so happy. If you remember last time we tried to put him on a horse he was screaming. Not this time, he was a happy little "YEEHAW", as DJ says cowboy! The girls then had a turn riding the horse by themselves, as I led them. They also rode all together. They seriously didn't want it to end, they had a blast! They would of stayed there all day long it we would of let them! It was so much fun. Thank-you Aunt Karen and Julie for letting us ride you horses, oh and Uncle Everett! The girls still talk about it and want to come again.
Aunt Megan with Cadence on the horse, Dude.

Aunt Megan with Abbi. She was pretty happy!

Brianna was the first brave one to sit behind Aunt Megan. She loves horses!

DJ was so happy and proud of himself. He had a huge grin on the whole time he and Aunt Megan rode around. So dang cute!
Aunt Megan with Cadence and Abbi. By now they didn't want off the horse!

DJ being a "true boy" and playing in the dirt and dry poop! At one point I caught him rolling around in the ground, and piling up the stuff and making a big pile. Oh yummy!

My girls on the horse together. Love how Cadence is clamping Brianna's arms down!

We had to say bye to the kittens! Cadence's big happy smile!

Abbi loved carrying these two kittens around!
It was a very fun afternoon. We tired DJ out though. On the way home he crashed. There was no waking him up!

No comments: