Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, August 15, 2014

Swim Lessons 2014!!

We skipped swimming lessons last year because we were down at Echo all summer. So I told the kids that we for sure needed to take swim lessons. They were actually all pretty upset! What??? I remember loving swim lessons. I told them they had no choice, if they wanted to swim this year they had to take the lessons. Mean mom, eh?!! Ha ha!!

My girls were in the same class for Level 1. For the first week they were the only ones in the class with two instructors. It was awesome. They all learned so much! It was exactly what they needed! All my girls did so good! They all worked so hard to do what they were being taught. Even if it was hard. Brianna had a hard time going under water without plugging her nose. But she kept trying and did it! Abbi and Cadence worked hard on their glides and did so good. It was so fun to watch them learn and have fun!
Cadence doing her back float to her teacher.



Janae talking to Brianna and encouraging her to go under the water without plugging her nose!

My 3 cute girls all listening to their teachers!

Cadence jumping off the diving board and doing a star!! Ha ha....love it!

Brianna jumping off and plugging her nose! Ha ha! I laugh because I plug my nose too!

Abbi jumping off like a pencil (that's what she calls it)!

DJ was so shy and wouldn't get in the water the first day. I came with my swim suit on and got in with him. Then he started to have fun. After that he would get in by himself. Sometimes he would be super shy and other times he would jump in and have fun. He worked so hard and would do his glides. But he would NOT put his head under water. His teacher came and talked to me and told us to practise putting his head in, but I told her that he has sensitive ears and doesn't like water in them. Angie Ripely over heard me talking and brought me over some water proof ear plugs and gave them to us. We tried them out that night at the pool. It was like a different boy swimming. He was diving under the water and he kept going off the diving board over and over. Which was a shock to me, because he wouldn't get near it before. Wow!! I was amazed. He was so excited to go to swim lessons the next day to show his teacher. She was shocked too! So fun to see!!
I think they were playing what time is it Mr. Shark! DJ's favorite game!!

Practising his star float. You can see his green ear plugs!!

DJ found a shady spot to sit in while we waited for his sisters!

On their last days the kids were so excited. We were all done with swim lessons by this time!! Ha ha! DJ had so much fun playing games and then he got to go off the diving board. Way to go DJ!! Love ya!! His teacher, Demi, was awesome!
DJ and Brighton coming to the edge of the pool after they jumped off the diving board. I didn't get a picture because I videoed it!

Demi showing DJ that he passed his class!

Demi was an awesome teacher and DJ had so much fun in her class!

The girls had a blast playing games too and going off the diving board. They loved their teachers, Janae and Josh Hubbard. They did awesome! Way to go girls!
They were playing a game in the deep end!

My 3 beautiful girls and their teacher, Janae! They all did awesome!

No comments: