Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Ten On Tuesday!

I need to quickly get these things down before Christmas. We are running out of time!!

1. One Saturday morning the kids and I were being lazy and not doing much. They were watching cartoons and I went back to bed to snuggle and read my book. DJ came and crawled into bed beside me with his own book. He looked at me and said, "Ssshhh, mom I'm reading!" Ha ha! So cute. We had a fun time reading together!
My cute little reading buddy!


So cute!!

2. The girls have been skating with their class again this year. None of my girls were excited. I went almost every time to help them get their skates on and get on the ice. They now have some skate helper things that kids can use. That really helped Cadence. It was cute to watch them skate. Cadence was still really nervous and Brianna came up and grabbed her hand. It made my heart melt. So cute!!
Cadence skating around!

Here comes Brianna!

Abbi loved skating around!

Cadence with Brianna and Rachel.

3. DJ has always loved to play with cardboard boxes. He always finds a new thing to make with them. Well he found some pieces of cardboard and spent about an hour in our room creating something. He came and got me and showed me his stuffie hotel! He did it all by himself!

4. One Monday night for FHE we talked about the real meaning of Christmas and what we can do to help others. We told them that the local Home Hardware store had a program set up called the Giving Tree. You can buy some toys and put them in the box and they give it to families in need in our community. They all wanted to help. So they all took $10 from their allowance and we went as a family to buy toys for the Giving Tree. It was fun to watch them excitedly pick something that they really liked. We had no problems. We paid for the toys and all the kids went and put them in the big box. It was a perfect thing to do for our family.
They were all carefully selecting a toy!

Here's the toys they just bought.

In the box they go!

5. The kids had their Christmas Program that we went and watched. They all did so good. DJ got up there and sang his little heart out!! The girls did too. Plus this year, they were all standing together, which was so nice. Much easier to video with them together and to get some pictures. Thanks to Miss Doolittle. She went to bat for me. I went and thanked her!! We had to go get the kids at their classrooms afterwards. I had to laugh at Cadence and Brianna's classroom door. So cute!
DJ is on the far left with the cowboy shirt on!! The only red head!

Abbi is on the front far right and Cadence and Brianna are right behind her!
Find Brianna and Cadence's elfs on the door! So funny!

6. DJ had his last day of Kindergarten on Thursday. Each day this week he would come home and sadly tell me that Mr. Froggly wasn't coming back after Christmas. He loves Mr. Froggly. He was excited to come to school on Thursday and give a gift to Mr. Froggly!! DJ also gave gifts to a few of his friends. Earlier that week DJ kept telling me that he wanted to give a pretty necklace to Nikki because she  is so "Bootiful!" It was hilarious. He wouldn't stop talking about how beautiful Nikki is and he wanted to give her a beautiful gift. So we got her a bracelet and some cool lip gloss. He was so excited to give it to her! It made me laugh! What a kid! He kept telling me that he is going to marry Nikki when he is older, because she is so beautiful!

7. My last day driving bus was on Friday. I got a few gifts from the kids on the bus. It was so nice! DJ came with me on Thursday and he was so tired that day. I noticed that he fell asleep on the way home. He was zonked out! It made me laugh to see him snoring away!
A few gifts from some of my students on the bus.


He was super tired.

He was even drooling.

8.  So way back in May, Richard made a deal with the kids that if they saved $50 each that he would get them a electric scooter. Anyways, they all did. DJ didn't want an electric one but one of those three wheel wiggle scooters. So on the black Friday on line deals I got them for a good price. They were all super excited. Kind of an early Christmas I guess, but they had been saving for 7 months. So I've been taking them to the church parking lot so they can fly around and have fun with them! It was funny watching them. Loved watching DJ wiggle his cute little bum!!! So funny!
There's Abbi on her electric scooter!

DJ rocking it on his wiggle scooter!!

9. OK with all the wrapping I've had to do, one thing drives me insane. The fact that I can NEVER find the scotch tape when I need it. It has nothing to do with not having any either. Because I bought over 10 of them. It drives me crazy! The kids use them and they end up in crazy places. Oh well, I will have to wrap these last few presents with duct tape.

10. Abbi and DJ found a cat outside the other day. They were so excited. They went out there and were trying to catch it. They finally came inside to get a bowl of milk. That did the trick. They were petting it and it was sitting on their laps. They named it Rosie. The next day at the store they insisted on getting it a toy. So we did. I didn't think they would find the cat again but they did. They played outside with it for an hour. Crazy cat!! At least it kept them happy and occupied for a while.

No comments: