Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Christmas Eve 2014!

We decided this year to stay over at Richard's parents for Christmas. When we told the kids what our plans were for Christmas all the girls were super excited. But DJ was pretty upset. He was crying and just so sad about it all. I was so confused. So when he finally calmed down I asked what the problem was. He looked at me and said, "Mom, their house is so creepy." I was still confused and asked him why and he said, "Because there are eye balls on her floor. Ha ha ha!!! The funny thing is there really was.....fake ones that is. He didn't like it at all. It didn't help that a few weeks earlier we slept over there and DJ was just about asleep when this 5 foot Santa....which was by the wall a few feet from DJ`s head, started singing and dancing. It scared him so bad. Anyways, we told him we would unplug the Santa (which we did) and get rid of the fake eye balls. So problem solved. What a boy!

We got there around 3:30pm. The kids were pretty excited to be there. We got settled in and the kids sat down in the kitchen and started decorating Ginger bread cookies. They always love doing that! So enjoy a whole bunch of pictures of the kids decorating cookies!







Ethan with a cookie on his head and saying CHEESE to me!!!

I brought all our dirty laundry and was trying to get that done quickly. I feel like I take my dirty laundry everywhere (which I do)!! Can`t wait till we are in our house with our own laundry room! Can`t come quick enough!
David with his spiffy gun that he finished!

The guys relaxing in the living room!

Grandma, with her broken arm, and Grandpa Spencer.

We had Chinese food for dinner. And then the kids put on the Nativity for us while Grandpa Spencer read the scriptures. It was pretty cute. The kids did really good. Oh funny thing, whenever I brought my camera out Ethan would come and put his face right in front of the camera and would say Cheese! It was so funny! He is a cutie!

All the kids after we did the Nativity!

Then I brought a present that I wrapped a whole bunch of times. So the kids sat in a circle and they would unwrap one layer and pass it to the next person. It went around a few times and Kyle was the lucky one to unwrap the present. They had fun with that!
Ethan just wanted to rip it to shreds. He didn`t want to pass it to the next person!

Kyle got the puzzle and candy!

Grandma had some fun games that she brought out too. It was a mustache game and it was a huge hit. It was pretty funny to watch. The kids had to smack down their mustache on the card if it was the same shape or color as their`s. It was hilarious!
Just some crazy wrestling with Uncle Justin and Uncle David!


The kids with their mustaches!!

And Smack!! Ha ha!

We then headed downstairs for the kids to open up their Christmas Jammies. They first opened up their present from Great Grandma and Grandpa Spencer. They each got their own tin can of chocolates and some money. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa. The kids loved it! Then they opened up their Jammies. I had fun getting matching PJ`s for all of us. They were a huge hit. We were the batman family!! ha ha!!

The grandkids opening their gift from Great Grandma and pa Spencer.

Hugs from Brianna.

More hugs!

Cadence going to give some hugs!

My kids opening up their Christmas Eve present.

The Batman family!!! All the kids jammies came with a cape.


Goofy picture. I was flexing my muscles but it looks like I'm being a monkey. Ha ha ha|!

Cadence showing me her book and chocolates!

DJ got a tin full of Toffee!! Yum!!!
After everyone got their jammies on, we played a few more games and visited and ate some snacks. The Justin and Tennille left with Ethan and soon after Curtis and Mandy and their family left for home. So we got our kids ready for bed and tried to settle them down. They were all so excited! The girls all slept in the same room. DJ slept on the floor in our room. The girls finally settled down and went to sleep. But DJ was so wired. I was laying on our bed waiting for him to go to sleep. He popped his head up at me and said, "Mom, I feel like a ghost is looking at me." Ha ha....what?! He was laying beside the closet which is a huge mirror. So whenever he moved he could see himself more in the mirror. Then we could hear the others walking around upstairs. Then DJ said, "Mom, I can't sleep because I can hear Rudolph on the roof and it's freaking me out. Santa won't come in if I'm still awake." He was so full of it. Finally he fell asleep! He is a funny boy!!

Then we went to work. I was so tired, so I wanted to get things done quickly. We took all the presents out of the room we hid them. Then I filled all the stockings and put them back on the couch. Then I was ready for bed. It was a good day.
Santa came!!!! And there's the fake Santa that freaked out DJ when it started singing and dancing! Ha ha!



No comments: