Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, February 20, 2015

Some Random Thoughts!



1. We were having supper and the girls were talking about their teachers. Cadence and Brianna were saying that their teacher was going to buy new chairs for everyone in their class. Abbi all of the sudden said, "She's not rich she doesn't drive a limbo." Ha ha!!! So funny. She meant Limo!! Made me laugh!

2. DJ and Abbi have lately been saying the word "DOOM" with everything. For example, I was pulling them behind the quad and they went over a big snow drift and I could hear them yelling, "OH NO THE SWAMP OF DOOM!!" Then they would be laughing so hard. Or if DJ forgets something he says, "I'm DOOMED!", in a really dramatic voice. They say it all the time....silly kids!!

3. Richard and I are no longer have our snow shovelling contract. Last year was our last. We did it for 13 years. I think we did pretty good. Richard was a little upset that it didn't work out for this year. A new person was over us and Richard talked to him once and decided there was no way we could deal with him all the time. He was horrible. I, on the other hand, was excited we weren't doing it. We had way too much on our plates! This year would of been horrible too, Richard even agrees!

4. Richard and I are going to go on a week get away the end of this month. I'm pretty excited and a little bit scared! We've never left our kids for that long....EVER!! No, we aren't going to a really warm place! We are going to Vancouver! Richard is going for a 2 day class on a new boiler. Then we will stay for the rest of the week. I get to fly out with him, since I am part of the company too! Ha ha! I've already got someone booked to drive the bus for me for that week. It will be fun!

5. I hate not feeling 100%. This week has been the hardest for me! I can't do anything. On Monday, I got up and drove bus and exercised and did laundry and everything...thinking I was feeling good. Then Tuesday I woke up at 3am in the morning feeling like I got run over by a bus!! ha ha! I think I over did. My body wasn't ready for that. So now I'm laying on the couch trying to feel better. I'm thankful for my awesome mom and mother in law! My mom made us supper last night and Shelly came today and helped and brought us supper.

6. We are so close to drywalling in our house. So exciting. Richard just has to finish putting in the water lines. We are really hoping to get in within the month. That is, get into our basement. We are all very excited about that though.
DJ climbing up the stairs to the garage door.

Walking downstairs.

Downstairs in the doorway. Everything is ready for drywall.

7. DJ was Star of the Week for Kindergarden this week. He was super excited. He helped me make a poster all about him. It had a bunch of pictures and things that he loves. He was pretty excited to take it to school on Monday. Then he got to take something everyday for show and tell. Then today, I came to school with him and talked about DJ and we shared chocolate chip cookies with his class, which is DJ's favorite snack. Love my boy!
Sure had fun making this poster with DJ!

8. Abbi called Brianna a party pooper as we were driving. Brianna was mad and kept yelling, ``I`m not a party pooper. DJ then chimes in and says, That`s ok, you can call me a party pooper, cause I stink up parties all the time! Ha ha, we were all laughing so hard. He was being serious too.

9. One night the kids were having a snack before bedtime and Richard was laying on the couch doing a puppet show for them with a couple stuffies. It was a huge hit. I came out to see what was going on because the kids were all laughing so hard. So cute!
The kids laughing at Richard`s puppet show!

10. DJ has been a little bit obsessed with Lego lately. I gave him a new set, when I was not feeling good and laying around. So we were able to build it together. I bought 6 brand new Lego sets from someone off Buy and Sell for $60. It was an awesome find. All the kids have had fun building them and playing Lego together.
DJ playing with his Lego ship! He didn`t want me to take his picture.

Playing under the table with his Lego!

My cute boy!

11. One night DJ declared that he was too tired to walk to his bed. I couldn`t carry him and he knew it. So he decided to wiggle like a snake all the way to his bed. Probably not the best way to have a calm bed time, cause we were all laughing at him!! Crazy boy!
Here he is slithering like a snake!!

He was laughing pretty hard too!

Slithering all the way to his bed!!

12. Our girls have loved reading books this year. I love walking into the room and seeing them laying in their beds reading a book. Makes my heart sing!! Ha ha!!
Abbi busy reading her book before bed time!

Cadence all ready for bed and giving me a crazy face!!

Brianna refuses to EVER sleep under her comforter. She always sleeps on top with just her tiny blanket on her!! Silly girl!! Here she is reading her book!

No comments: