Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, March 16, 2015

Reading Week!

We got back from Kalispel on Monday. We got back late, cause we stayed in Cardston for the movie. On Tuesday, the kids and I unpacked and cleaned things up. Then on Wednesday the girls went to Cheer Camp in the morning. DJ and I ran to Lethbridge to get some things and came back. Then we packed up and got everything ready to go to Calgary. We went and got the girls at 2pm from the school and headed for Calgary.
My cute girls at their cheer camp!!

They were all excited to go to the hospital to see their Aunt Jill. I was anxious to get back to see Jill and David too. We stopped and picked up some Subways in Nanton so we could eat it as we drove. We got to the hospital around 6pm. The kids were excited to be there and maybe a little wild. They saw the circle door and took off running around it. Pretty funny! I watched them and then we kept going! The kids saw their Aunt Jill and ran and gave her a huge hug!! It was good for my kids and Jill. Loved seeing it.
They loved this revolving door!

Add caption
My kids and their Aunt Jill!


They love their Aunt Jill so much!

We just kind of pick a spot in the family waiting room and take it over! Between the Paxman's and the Williams' , there was always quite a few of us there. The kids stayed out there and I was able to go in to see David. At this point they had taken him off all sedation and taken the cooling line out of him (not sure I mentioned that, it was to put his body into a hyporthermic state, to take strain off his brain), and they took out the drain line from his head too. The doctors warned us that it might take a while for him to come out of the sedation.....anywhere up to 2 weeks. So he wasn't awake but it was nice to see him without so many lines coming out of him. I was able to sit in with him for a while.

I went back out to the waiting room so others could go in too. We stayed for a bit and visited with everyone. Then the kids and I decided to go, so we could go to my friends house to stay the night. I've had so many people text, message and call me to send their love and offer any kind of help. It was very much appreciated. I took Nikki's offer up and we went over to her house to stay for the night. She has two boys and they were super excited to see my kids. So they all ran around and played for over an hour. It was fun to catch up with Nikki and watch our kids play together.
My four kids with Nikki's boys. Brayden is 8 and Brandt is 6. They were a lot of fun!

Then we all went to bed. The next morning I wanted to get going at a good time. We were going over to Cody's place to help him move. They sold there house (in 1 day), and had to be out 20 days later. Kind of crazy. They found a place to rent just around the corner. So we went and helped them finish moving. Then we helped clean blinds and things, in the new house. We were there all morning. Then we went to Costco for lunch and I got a few things for the kids to do at the hospital.

We went back to the hospital to spend time there. My cousin, Joey, and my Uncle Gary were both there too. My kids thought Joe was so much fun. He was so good with them! I was able to go in and sit with Jill by David's side for a while. Jill and I had a good talk and I enjoyed being by David. He kept cringing and he would clench his teeth. I felt so bad for him. He wasn't fully awake though. We then headed for home. I'm glad we were able to spend some time at the hospital.

Then on Friday and Saturday the kids and I worked together to clean and get things done around the house. Nothing too exciting but it was nice to be home together for a bit. Richard and I were getting ready to leave for 7 days starting on Sunday. I will do a post on that next!

No comments: