Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, May 7, 2015

What's Been Up With Us!

So I've been really bad lately with the blog. So here's a list of things that have been going on in our lives.

1. The 3rd week in March we were busy painting in our house. It was an exciting time. BUT, I also had sick kids to deal with too! I had just mentioned to Richard that we had been out of our house for almost 10 months and we haven't had any really sick kids. Then that week all our kids took turns getting sick. They would run a fever for a few days and then start feeling better. So I usually had 2 kids with me getting the paint from the store. I was always running to Home Hardware! The kids were excited because they got to choose their own room colors. That was very exciting to them!
Here is Abbi room. It is a light, bright green color!

Cadence picked yellow for her room!

DJ went with a light blue, grey color!

Brianna went with a light purple......even though it looks a little pink too!

My two sickies waiting for me to get the paint at home hardware.

Me getting the paint!!

The cupboards that Justin put up for us. They were Locke and Jills old cupboards. It worked out great!

2. Moving Day was on April 3rd, Good Friday! We woke up early to a very sick DJ. I ran him into the Emergency in Raymond. He totally freaked out with me taking him into the hospital (I think it had something to do with seeing his Uncle David in the hospital). I had to carry my BIG boy in as he was screaming and crying. I calmed him down but then they called his name and I went to take him into the back and he freaked out again. Screaming and crying and I picked him up and carried him in. But he put his hands out so I couldn't get into the room. The nurse wasn't very helpful, she was actually very rude. She sighed really loud and asked me how they were supposed to do anything with him when he's acting like this. I looked at her and told her to give me a second. I got down and talked to him. He was running a high fever (he was just plain miserable and scared). I picked him up and carried him in and sat on the bed with him on my lap. He curled up in my lap. He was not feeling good at all. He had stopped screaming at this point. The nurse came in and looked at his chart and looked at me with a surprised face. She then said, "He's not six is he?" I told her he was only 6. She was so shocked. She then apologized and told me she thought he was 8 or 9. Sheesh, my poor boy!! He is big and gets mistaken for a lot older then he is. The doctor came in and checked him out and told us he has bronchitis. No wonder he was miserable. We got him some medicine and went back to the basement. Then I started packing up. Richard took off to the farm to get things ready there. I put a movie on and had DJ laying down on the couch.

3. Cam and Kim showed up with his truck and trailer. We loaded everything into the trailer. I stayed back and cleaned up the kitchen while Kim cleaned up the bedroom. She was a huge help. Then we got some lunch and went out to the farm. My mom had taken all the kids, except DJ, to her house. Richard and Cam had both taken a trailer to Cardston to get the rest of our stuff. They came back and unloaded. We had stuff everywhere. DJ was tired again and curled up on a soft chair and fell asleep in the middle of chaos!! Ha ha! He slept for a couple of hours. Then he woke up crying and he kept telling me that he just wanted to go home. He kept saying it over and over. Then he ran out to the Escalade and got in and sat in his seat waiting to go home. Poor thing. He didn't want to hear that we were home. It was a total disaster. So I had everyone help me get all his things and set his bed up and got all his toys and things into his room and his clothes hung in his closet. Then Richard brought him into his room. He was so happy. He went straight to his bed. Aaaww!!!! We really appreciated all our families help. We couldn't of done it without them. We got all our beds set up so we could sleep there that night. All the kids are downstairs and Richard and I are upstairs. It took a couple of nights but by the third night we were able to sleep in our room (not the couch), and the kids were fine! Ha ha! They were a little nervous, but they all love having their own rooms!
DJ sound asleep. Poor kid was so sick.

4. We got all our boxes from our storage unit the next day. Brent came and helped us. We got all the boxes into our house. Then we were all beat!! Ha ha! So I boiled some eggs and the kids colored some easter eggs. Then we went into Lethbridge and met Brent and Tiff and their family at IHop for supper. It was perfect!! The kids were excited to wake up Sunday morning for Easter Sunday. They had fun finding their baskets. Then we went to Cardston and spent the day there.
I was able to get the kids 2 boiled each. They were happy!

Easter morning....they each found two eggs!

DJ was so happy that he found his Easter basket!

There is Abbi with her Easter Bag!

Then Brianna and Cadence with their Easter Bags!



5. I spent the week the kids had off of school unpacking and putting things away. It felt good to get things done. The kids had fun helping too. They can all be such big helpers! Love it!

My messy kitchen just 2 days after we moved!

Look at all those empty boxes!

Living room, full of boxes.

Here's the after picture of the kitchen. I love it!


Dining room (oh and notice our brand new fridge)!

And our living room!! Love how much space we have!

6. During the Easter holidays I watched Keira for a night and then Ali, Mary and Evan came for the day. We had fun having them all here. They played outside and inside and everywhere! Ha ha! Its so nice to be in our own place. I love it. Even though we have a lot more work to do.
Playing on the bales!!

Running to the dirt pile, so the farmer can take a bale!

Watching the farmer take the bale away!!

Evan and Abbi playing on the teeter totter!

Cool jump DJ!!!

Abbi and DJ wanted me to take a picture of them in the air!!

Mary on the swing!

Abbi jumping!

DJ took a picture of me!!



Ali on the swing. It was a fun day!

7. A couple of weeks ago I saw an ad on Facebook about a family giving away their dog for free. So I took Abbi and we went and checked it out. The dog was really nice and we decided to take it. So we went back later the next day to pick up Leia. She rode on the seat of the truck beside me. We got to our place and got out and we let her off the leash. Probably not the smartest thing. Ha ha! She took off and started exploring everywhere. We were following her to make sure she didn't go on the road. We had to chase her a few times. But she wouldn't let Richard or I near her. The kids could touch her but we couldn't. We tried so many times to re-catch her so we could tie her back up. But no luck. She stayed by our house Saturday and Sunday. But on Monday she got very adventurous. Rick came and got me Monday morning and told me she was running down the road to the west. I went to find her. She was on the Highway sitting in the middle of the road with cars flying by. Man, freak me out. I got her off the road by yelling, but she still wouldn't let me get near her. So I started chasing her in the right direction and then got in the car and herded her to our house. It probably looked really funny, but it worked. I decided to go get Abbi from school to have her help me catch Leia. She was the only one who could get Leia close to her. I threw the leash into the vehicle and saw Leia just outside the garage. I went out and bent down, talking to her. She came close and let me pet her under her chin. As I did I slipped my fingers under her collar. I had her, but she started jumping and twisting and trying to get away from me. She was scared, and then she clamped my left wrist into her mouth. I dragged her to the vehicle and grabbed the leash and clipped it on. Then she let go of my wrist and I patted her head and talked to her. She was all happy and licking me everywhere. I just came away with a few big scratches and bruises on my wrist. The kids love taking her for walks. We have loved having her here.
DJ ready to take Leia for a walk.

Leia sniffing everything on her walk.

DJ took a picture of me walking Leia (She's behind me....not in the picture).

8. I parked my bus behind my moms work in Raymond. I ran in and got DJ and we were in there for about 10 mins. We came walking out and we were just about to the bus when it all of the sudden started rolling away. I yelled, Oh sh##! Then I took off running and had to open the door and jumped inside. It was just about to hit a parked van, when I slammed on the brakes. It was seriously so close. Probably about one foot, until it was going to hit the van. It was crazy. DJ came running on and was yelling, "Oh my chicks! Oh my chicks!" I looked at him and he said, mom that's what you yelled. Ha ha ha ha! I started laughing so hard. I said sorry for saying a bad word. He looked at me and said, "Oh my chicks is a bad word?" Ha ha ha, he kills me!!! What a crazy moment.

9. Cam and Kim had a beautiful baby girl, on April 23rd. She was 6lbs 15oz and 21.5" long. She is such a sweetie. They named her Arvilla Cheyanne Paxman. They named her after my Grandma Pitcher. Her nick name is Ari. I got to go give her lots of cuddles on Saturday at the hospital.

10. DJ and I went for a drive on the quad the other day. I wanted to take pictures of some of the trees that were blossoming. They were so pretty. As I was taking the pictures, DJ said, "Mom that looks like the popcorn tree that we sing about in primary." I stopped and then realized that yes, they are apricot trees and yes that's the tree they are singing about. I laughed and told him it was the same tree. He thought that was hilarious!


DJ patiently waiting for me as I go picture crazy!

DJ wanted me to take a picture of the "Beautiful" flowers.



DJ took a picture of me with the "popcorn tree"!

So that kind of gets us caught up. I will put a picture of Cam's little baby, Arvilla, in my next post. I promise!!

No comments: