Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

We Went Exploring!

This morning, Saturday, January 30, 2016, DJ and Abbi kept asking me if I would go exploring with them. It was only 9:00am. I`ve been saying I`d go exploring with them and haven`t yet. Plus I needed some exercise. So we all bundled up and away we went. Cadence came with us too! I brought my camera with me too!

They were worried because they were all riding their bikes and I was walking. But I told them I`d walk fast and keep up with them. They crack me up! It`s icy and muddy out but that didn`t stop them. I was just suppose to follow them! So I did!
Riding and walking down the hill. Brownie loved being with them!

It was a bit gloomy and cold out, but that didn`t stop us!

Abbi, DJ and Cadence...........my explorers!

We got to the creek and DJ just jumped off his bike and started pushing it across. Wait....what!! I wasn`t quite there yet, so they were already across by the time I got there. So no pictures! I helped Cadence across and we kept on going.
Abbi riding on the other side of the creek!

Abbi and DJ riding away!

DJ riding his bike past me!

Now Cadence and DJ riding together.

Brownie having so much fun running after the kids! He was in heaven!

DJ was the ``tracker`, so we had to follow him!! Ha ha! He took us to a cool tree that fell over. And then we had to go down to the roots. He thought that was so cool. The kids were having fun running around and trying to jump in the frozen puddles!!
My 3 explorers!!!

My crazy, cute, little tracker!!

Standing on the roots of the tree that fell over.

Abbi looking for special rocks under the tree!

Leia enjoyed exploring with us too!


Cadence trying so hard to break the ice!!

Then we walked back to their bikes and they road a bit further and parked them again. Then DJ was leading us down to the creek and then back up and then down. To say the least, I got some good exercise in!! We ended up at the end of our land (where we get in the creek to float down). I was still coming down, when I noticed DJ was walking across the creek on the ice. I called out for him to go back that it will break. He kept going. I was taking pictures of them when all of the sudden there was a crack and he fell through! Crash! He fell up to his waist in the water. He was screaming (it was a little chilly out). I got him out and we started walking back home. The poor kid was frozen.
Cadence riding down a little hill!

DJ and Brownie leading the way!


DJ making his way into the creek. It was really shallow right there.

Abbi going out too!

DJ just starting to fall into the creek. Brrrrrr........so cold!!

We finally got home and I helped him strip in the back entry way and put him straight into the shower. He kept saying, `mom I have frost bites all over my toes. Ha ha!! But he was good after a good 30 minute shower! It was quite an adventure we went on!! Ha ha!

No comments: