Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, March 10, 2016

Catch Up Post!

1. We've had a super mild winter. Like, really mild. Hardly any snow since January! Well one weekend the kids were out playing when they came running in yelling that it was snowing. It was big fat fluffy flakes coming down. It looked super cool. Of course, I had to go take some pictures. It didn't last very long, and nothing stuck to the ground, but it was still cool to watch. I really love having a few snow storms! I've missed it this year! I know I'm weird! Ha ha!
See those big, fat, fluffy flakes!! Loved it!


Abbi checking on the dogs, while it was snowing!

2. I love taking pictures!! I always try to take pictures of the sky, especially when it's so colorful and the clouds are so fluffy! Ha ha!! So enjoy some awesome pictures of the sky from our house!

One of my favorite pictures of the sun setting with a field of cat tails!! So cool!






Amazing colors as the sun is setting!

I absolutely LOVE living out on the farm!

Awesome clouds!

Dark sky and Leia looking for deer!

Brownie is getting so big!

3. Last Wednesday I went with Cadence and the MES choir to Calgary for the Festival. We left at 8:30am and didn't get home till 8pm. It was a LONG day but it was fun! We had a blast. We got there early enough to go to the Alberta Grain Museum. That was so cool to see. The kids had a blast. Then we went to the Galt Church for the Festival. It was right down town and we dropped the kids off and then I went and parked one of the buses! That was fun! The choir did amazing. They sang so well. I was so proud of all of them! Then we headed home around 4pm. It was a crazy, fun day!
 
My beautiful girl on the bus with me! We sat together!

Cadence watching the train go by in the exhibit!


They had an amazing exhibit of how the grain is transported from Alberta to Vancouver. It even went around and thru mountains. Pretty awesome! This is the CP yard in Calgary!
The kids all watching the train make its way around and thru the mountains.

Cadence singing in the choir!

They all sounded so amazing! I loved listening to them sing!

4. We've had someone come and work on the high hoe to carve out our hill for the walk out. He has done so much work. He ended up taking out the trees at the bottom of the hill and then carved the hill so it's a gradual slope and we can actually see the creek from our windows now. I'm loving it! So nice. He's not quite done yet! But we are almost there!
You can see him working away!


The huge pile of trees that were dug up. We ended up burying them in the hill (in a huge hole first)!!

5. One Sunday after we went to church and had a yummy supper together we decided to take a family walk. It was beautiful out and we needed the fresh air. So away we went. It was so fun to just enjoy being together. I almost stepped on a rabbit at one point. Scared me! Then we saw a fox watching us in the distance. The farm is so amazing.....I love it here!
Running down to catch up to dad and Abbi!

Everyone crossing the creek! Crazy people......I had to follow....with my camera!

Richard thought it'd be easier to just lift DJ across. This is when Richard stepped right in the creek! Ha ha!

Everyone crossing the creek again!

Cadence crossing the creek!

Cadence what up a different way!

Look what Brianna found!

Everyone following dad!! Brownie is having fun following too! Ha ha!

This time Richard just carried DJ across! What a GREAT dad!

Blurry picture of me, taken by Cadence!! Ha ha!

Abbi actually wanted me to take this picture of her!! Love her beautiful smile!


6. A couple of weeks ago we had a friend, Ken, come over and help Richard build the stairs up to the loft. So exciting. They finished it in 3 days and it's AMAZING! We were all super excited. The kids have taken it over and even named it, "The Kids Place"! Ha ha! They play school up there, do crafts, and watch movies with our projector. It's been awesome having the extra space!
Their big poster they put up on the wall!

DJ showing me what he drew.

Brianna sitting in her comfy chair that she took up there!

Cadence was drawing too!

Brianna and DJ on the landing and you can see the big windows behind them!
7. We've such nice days lately. Like unnaturally nice for the time of year that it is. But we've loved taking advantage of it. On Saturday the kids were out catching minnows in the creek and they put all of them into our fish tank! Ha ha! Crazy kids!

 
 
Crazy Abbi went up to her thighs in the water!
Checking out what she caught!
8. We also got our driveway widen with the guy that's been running the Hi Hoe! The gravel was brought in today and Richard went out and spread it in the Hi Hoe. I think he was having fun!

Richard working hard. It will be so nice to have a really wide driveway!



No comments: