Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Hawaii....Day 3!

So we woke up Friday morning around 6am. I never did get used to the time change and we were up early every morning. Sheesh! Ha ha!! I just lazed around and we had breakfast and just had a nice lazy couple of hours in the morning. Then we packed a lunch and got ready to go for the day. We all decided that it would be fun to go to Turtle Bay and go snorkeling. So away we went.

We got to Turtle Bay and it was so pretty there. Plus it was super hot out. The weather was calling for rain, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. We set up our spot in a little bit of shade and got ready to go snorkeling. I was pretty excited. I also talked dad in giving it a try! Richard was happy watching from the beach.
Love this picture of my dad just being the cool, goofy guy that he is!!! Ha ha! He's the best!

He's ready to go snorkeling!

Here's our little piece of shade that we found!

Richard just chillaxing on the beach!

There was some really cool looking fish out there. I loved snorkeling there, because I didn't get caught up in coral reef. We could get close to it, but not be on top of it. Megan and Chris brought their GoPro camera, which can go in the water. So they got some cool pictures of us under the water.
This picture makes me LAUGH so hard. We were trying to do a group under water picture and we're not too sure at what mom's doing!! (she's in the middle)! And that's Megan's shoe!! Too funny!

Love this picture of me. The water makes me look so slim!! Ha ha!!

After snorkeling for a bit I would take a break and relax on the beach. I decided to take a walk out on rocks. It was so cool. There were a lot of dead crabs out on the rocks. The rocks were also super sharp. It was hard to walk around and I ended up slicing the back of my foot open on a rock. Sheesh!
A wave crashing on the rocks.

A dead crab. I learned that crabs only turn red after they die. Other wise they are black and blend into the rocks really well!

Richard and I. Megan took this cool picture!

It was so HOT out by 2pm that we decided to take off. We decided to drive further north and check our other beaches. We were looking for the beach that is famous for having Turtles on it. We had no idea where it was but decided to try. We stopped at the Pipeline Shore. It's famous for having professional surfing competitions. The surf there was crazy.
Richard and I at Pipeline Beach.

My hot looking Hawaiian Tourist!! Ha ha!

Me by the blue, blue ocean!

It was gorgeous there too! I loved it. We decided to walk closer to the ocean and watch the waves. Our kids facetimed us right at that time. We were able to show them the crazy BIG waves and they could hear the waves crashing into the shore. They thought that was so cool. Glad we were able to do that! As I was talking to them I had my back to the ocean and a huge wave came and got us all wet. I screamed and all the kids thought it was hilarious!
Trying to get a picture of the big waves. But it just doesn't do it justice!

Our awesome group! Minus mom, who's taking the picture!

So after that I decided to be brave and go down and play in the huge waves with Jessica and my dad, and Jessica's friend (Can't remember her name)! We had a BLAST. It was insane. The waves would be hitting us and we would be standing there and then all of a sudden a HUGE wave would come in and knock us down. It would suck me into the ocean and then throw me onto the beach again! It was so fun!! Ha ha! We would be screaming and laughing at the same time. We did this for about an half hour. It was very tiring. Then a very HUGE wave hit us. It was so big and it tossed me around so much that I lost my top.....yup I totally did. Luckily it stayed around my neck....and I was still in the water being tossed around! I was frantically pulling my swimsuit back down and getting it all adjusted and then the water was gone! Phew! That was close! Ha ha!

Jessica and her friend and myself checking out the waves!


OK here's where a BIG wave took us by surprise.

And knocked all 4 of us down.

And sucked me back into the water. Look closely you can see my head in the wave. My kids call it the floating head picture!

Amazing white sand and blue sky! Love it!

Mom walking back to the vehicles.

Another wave hitting us. Again, I'm in the wave. Dad is trying to run away from it.

But he wasn't fast enough! Ha ha...looks like he did a face plant here!!

Bracing myself for a big wave.

Me getting hit again. Yes I did enjoy it. I had a blast!

After we all got sufficiently tossed around in the ocean we called it good and went up to the showers. I had so much sand.....EVERYWHERE!! Ha ha. I went into the bathroom so I could try to get most of the sand out of my swim suit! Oh the joys of the ocean! Lol! Then we bought some T-Shirts that a lady was selling.

Then we decided to drive over to Waimea Park. It was just down the road. We got there and walked around a bit. We decided not to do the hike because we only had 45 minutes before the park closed. So we decided to come back another day. It was cool to see the crazy peacocks walking around!
Cool looking peacock that just wandered around everywhere!

It was Richard's and I turn to cook supper for everyone. So we headed back to the house so I could have a quick shower first. Then we made tacos for everyone. It was simple and good. Then Richard and I decided to go to the Temple grounds with Chris and Megan. It was so pretty. We enjoyed walking around the Temple and taking pictures! We enjoyed ourselves and just took our time. Then we headed back to the house. I was exhausted by this time. It was a busy and fun day!
The Hawaii Temple. This was at dusk.

Richard and I in front of the Hawaii Temple!

Such a beautiful Temple. Love all the palm trees lined up!



No comments: