Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Hawaii......Day 7!

Tuesday morning we woke up undecided what we were going to do. Richard was feeling too great. So I decided to go with Megan, Chris, Mom and Dad on their hike that they were planning. So we packed a lunch and away we went. We finally found it.....all these hikes we had to drive into residential areas to park and then walk to the trail head.

We started walking and on the website it said the hike was about 4 kms one way. As we started walking we realized that it was going to be a very dirty hike. It was so muddy and there really was no way to not get muddy. So we were slipping and sliding and hiking through the mud. Chris was the first one to fall in the mud. Then mom had her turn too! It was getting to the point where we were wondering if we were ever going to get there. Then we FINALLY made it! Yahoo!
Chris giving a loud Tarzan yell! It felt like we were in the forest!

Mom and Dad walking through the forest!

So muddy!

Me in the forest!

Mom and Dad crossing the river.

Awesome view!


We stayed there for a bit. There wasn't any where to really sit down. We had to walk up the stream to get to the Falls. But we still stayed there for a little bit. Chris even went swimming by the Falls. We had to get some pictures too, of course!
So pretty!

Megan and Chris at the Falls!

Yup, I made it too!

Mom and Dad!

Yup Mom fell! She had mud everywhere!

Then we headed back. Chris had another fall and it was a bad one. He layed there for a bit and then slowly got up and we kept going. We got him a walking stick. I was so busy watching my feet that I ended up walking right into a huge tree branch. It hit me right in my forehead. I also ended up slipping and landing on my side. It was a really crazy hike. To say that we were dirty by the end is an understatement. But we made it!
It was a long hike, but we made it!

We headed back to the house. I was totally exhausted. I had a little nap on the way home. Then they stopped to fill up with gas and get some slushy treats. I was filthy so I decided to walk the 3 blocks home. So I did and I immediately had a shower! It felt so good to be clean! Ha ha!

Mom was telling us about a spot called the bathtub that has really good tide pools. So we decided to go find it. She said it was across from the PCC. So away we went. It was Richard and I with Megan and Chris. We couldn't find the public access to where mom was talking about. There were a couple of ladies on the side of the road selling things and they said that we could go by this house. So away we went, thinking it was their house. We walked by and was going down the stairs to the ocean, when I guy started yelling at us. Chris was the last one, so he talked to the guy. We got down to the ocean and it was high tide. Sheesh. We waited for a bit and the guy drove away so we hurried up and left. Sheesh. I'm sure those ladies were laughing at us!! Ha ha! So we decided to get some pictures with the Tiki's at the front of the PCC. So that's what we did

We went back to the house and we were all trying to figure out where to go eat supper that night. Richard and I wanted to go to this burger place we saw in a town about 40 minutes from our place. It was called Ted's Burgers. Megan and Chris decided they wanted to come with us. We left right away so we could see the sun set on Sunset beach. So away we went. We had tried all week to see the sunset but it was always too cloudy. But not this time. It was so pretty. I loved being on the beach and watching the sun set. We got a lot of pictures. The perfect way to spend our last night in Hawaii!









Then we got in our car and went to Ted's Burgers. It was the best burger that I've ever tasted! Ha ha! We also had some super delicious milk shakes. Plus some sweet potatoe fries! It was delicious! Best supper ever! It was fun to laugh and visit with Megan and Chris too!

It was a fun filled day! Richard and I had decided that we were getting up early the next morning to go on one last hike. So when we got back to the house, we packed all our stuff up. It was a good day!

No comments: