Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, September 29, 2016

First Week in August!

Not a very exciting title for my post. Wasn't sure what to call it! I have to say that August was a super crazy month for us. A lot of unexpected things came up that we didn't see at all. Anyways, before we get to all that I thought I'd write about what we did in that first week. I was trying to do fun things with the kids whenever I could.

I drove the handi-bus a few times that first week. The kids usually jumped on with me and came for the ride. One time we dropped a guy off at the hospital with his daughter. We ran and did our shopping at Walmart and then grabbed some lunch and ate at a new park we found. Oh we had Jasmine with us that day too. We had fun in the store. The kids were a little bit crazy!! Funny to see them have so much fun with their cousins.

We all grabbed McDonalds and I told them to be patient and we'd go eat at the park. It was only 5 minutes away. So away we went. We ate our lunch and the kids ran around and had so much fun. It had exercise equipment that they had fun playing on too! Then I got the call to go pick up the people from the hospital. We were only 5 minutes away. So away we went.

She really wanted to treat the kids to ice cream. So we stopped at Dairy Queen and all my kids ran in to the restaurant with the lady. She was super nice. I just reminded them as they were going out to use their manners. They did very well! They came running back with these huge ice cream cones. They were happy kids!

This whole week I wasn't feeling a 100% at all. I kept thinking that I was fighting off a nasty cold or something. I just had no energy at all! Plus if I had a chance I'd fall asleep for a nap whenever I could. Which isn't normal for me. I did a bunch of driving so I always made sure I had lots of gum to chew to keep me awake plus the kids would chat with me too. That helped too!

I got a call from Lisa on Wednesday asking if they could come camping at our place. I told her that was fine. I also said that she could use our trailer. We'd just pull it over beside Justin's trailer. They made it so we can plug our trailers in, which is super nice. Then she asked if they could bring some friends with them. They have a motor home that they were driving down. They'd be here in 3 hrs. I said that was fine.

Well I had to drive handi-bus in the morning and get some things in Lethbridge after. Then we came back around 4pm and I had to hurry and clean our trailer. By this time I was exhausted, a little sick to my stomach and very weak. I called Richard but he was not around, he was busy working in a different town. So then I noticed that Eric and Justin were there building on David's place (That's another story to tell!!). I pulled up and went and talked to them. They were more then happy to help me. The kids unloaded the escalade and put things away in the house. I got the trailer ready and hooked it up. Justin grabbed the water hose and filled it up with water. Then I pulled it over and I let them unhook it and set it up. I was going to be sick by that point. I hurried back home and layed down for a bit. Then I made an easy supper for my kids and I.

We went out to see everyone out there camping. My kids had so much fun playing with their cousins and making new friends. They ran around like crazy till 10pm. We sat by the fire and visited while the kids played! Then we headed inside to bed.

Thursday the kids and I had to do a quick bus run in the morning. We were able to get new shoes for all of them for school. Then we headed back. It was a super hot day out so we decided to go bridge jumping with everyone. They wanted to float down first. DJ was not for that. So he and I drove up to the bridge and waited. He likes playing in the water under the bridge. Everyone had fun floating and then took turns jumping!
There goes our big group down the canal!

There's my girls and Jasmine floating down together.

DJ thought it was cool to ride in Uncle Brian's Jeep!

My crazy group on the way home!

It was so hot out that we decided to try and make a water slide down our hill. Brian helped me set things up an we got it going. We had to dump a lot of dish soap on the plastic to make it work. The kids played on it for hours. It was a huge hit. I had to go inside and rest because I was so done!
After the slide we went into town to get snowbobs to help cool us down. Yummy!

That evening we set up the archery stuff and everyone had fun taking turns shooting the bows and arrows. I was in charge and had to get kind of strict about the boys shooting the bows straight up in the air. I actually told one of the boys (Lisa's friend boy) if he did it one more time he was done. Well his mom didn't like that but I didn't care. I had already told them all not to do it! But over all it was fun. My kids were super tired and we had a complete melt down with Brianna and DJ. So much so that I had to basically drag him into the house screaming. Then Brianna and him started screaming horrible names to each other and she hit him. So needless to say it was bed time! I was ready to wash Brianna's mouth out with soap cause I was so upset about the things she called her brother. But we had a really good talk and she had a good cry and so did DJ and they hugged each other and me and apologized. Oh fun times!
Brianna, DJ and Cadence doing archery!

Friday I decided we needed a little break from the other kids. So I took my kids into Lethbridge and did some shopping and then took them to the movie, "Finding Dory"! It was a huge hit. They all loved it. We went with my mom and met David and Jill there. It was a lot of fun!

We came home and my kids wanted to do the waterslide after supper. So we got the water going and they had a blast going down and getting all muddy! Then we went down to the creek so they could clean off. Over all it was a very fun day. I love hanging out with my family!
Cadence flying down the slide and DJ ready to catch her!

Oops he missed her! Ha ha! She was so muddy!

The kids had so much fun going up and down again!


Cadence flying down the slip and slide!

Abbi's turn! So happy!

DJ liked the slow approach! But still had so much fun!

Brianna spraying water everywhere!

The kids would fill the pool up a bit and then hold the side down of the pool and a gush of water comes out! Worked out so good!

Cadence playing and cleaning off in the creek!

DJ floating down the creek!

Cool picture of our house and sky!

Having so much fun playing together in the creek1

My two crazy red heads! Love them to death!! Ha ha!


Saturday morning we woke up and got ready to go into Cardston for the Cardston Parade! We got there just in time for it to start. The kids had so much fun catching candy and cheering for all the floats. Then after we went over to Spencer's for a BBQ! It was a little crazy and by the time we ate, I was so done. I wasn't feeling good AT ALL. So we helped clean up and then headed for home. We got home and I had a 2hr nap. It felt good! Then I took the kids into town so they could swim. I still wasn't feeling the greatest, so I just watched the kids! They had a blast. It was a fun day!
Aunt Lisa went in the parade with her friend and all their kids!

My kids watching the parade!

Running to get a balloon animal!

DJ showing me some tricks off the diving board!

The scissor jump!

Splash! He's gotten so much braver in the water. He swims to the edge all by himself! Even tho his eyes are closed the whole time! Ha ha!

No comments: