Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Summer Randomness!!

1. I put the kids in swim lessons for 2 weeks. DJ was not excited about it at all. Well, truth be told, neither were the girls. But at least they went with out complaining......most of the time! ha ha! DJ refused to go the first day. Honestly, it was freezing out, so I don't blame him. But it was super frustrating each day to talk him into going. It honestly drove me a little bonkers. Seriously! Ha ha! He went 2 times out of 5 for the first week. Then the 2nd week he got a new teacher. Made a huge difference. She would always yell out DJ's name looking for him. Because he was usually sitting with me or standing in the doorway......just like he did the 1st week. But this teacher would make a big deal if he wasn't in the water. Like, Oh no where's DJ.....I really hope he's coming to class today. For some reason that really worked for him. I still had to walk him to the edge of the water and he would get in as he was holding my hand. He's had a few bad experiences in the water, where kids will jump on him and play rough, cause he's so big. But he's not confident in the water so that really freaked him out. I explained that to the teacher so she knew. The girls were doing good. They had to learn how to dive. Which Abbi figured out right away. Cadence and Brianna had a harder time. The teacher was getting after Brianna because she kept plugging her nose as she was diving (she gets it from me). He kept saying, do it without plugging your nose. Well that was it, she just shut down. She stayed by the wall for the rest of the lesson. She wouldn't say or do anything. So I talked to the teacher and asked him not to be so pushy about her plugging her nose. He didn't say a word to me, just walked away after I talked to him. Whatever. But I noticed that he did back off after that. Then she was more then willing to try! I have stubborn kids! Ha ha! Cadence kept trying and trying. She'd do belly flop and then face plants over and over. But that didn't stop her from trying! Love watching my kids. They all did good. They all passed too. So the girls passed Level 5 and DJ passed Level 2. You should of seen the look of absolute surprise on DJ's face when his teacher told him he passed. In his head, he failed. Not sure why, but he was one happy boy. It was so cute! Way to go my kidlets!!
DJ doing is spider man swim!! He was very determined!

Abbi just finished swimming and realized I had my camera. She hates me taking pictures of her!! Ha ha!

DJ got brave enough to jump off the diving blocks with no life jacket and nobody to catch him. Way to go DJ!
Brianna and Cadence waiting for their turn to swim!

Cadence trying her dive!

Brianna diving while plugging her nose! A girl after my own heart!! Ha ha!
Abbi swimming away!!

2. We had Magrath Days near the end of July! I was asked to drive the Handi Bus in the parade on Saturday morning. So that was the plan. We went and decorated the bus the night before. Luckily my awesome family came and decorated it with me. So it didn't take very long. It looked very good! Abbi and Brianna and Richard rode with me in the bus. The other two went and watched the parade with their Uncle Justin and Ethan. After the parade we came back to the house and had a wiener roast with Shelly, Eric, Justin, Ethan and David. It was pretty hot out so after we ate, a water fight started. The kids thought it was great. That is until Uncle Justin dumped a HUGE container of water right on Abbi's head. Then she didn't think it was very funny! LOL!! Then we went to the activities in Magrath. We went and checked out the lawn mower races. Then the kids really wanted to go on the Bouncy House. So they had to wait in line for a very LONG time. So we only went once on that. Then we walked around and got some treats and just enjoyed visiting with people and seeing the different booths set up. Then we headed home. I was exhausted. I slept for a few hours. We were planning on going to the fireworks, so I wanted to get some rest in. We had fun watching the fireworks. It was a fun day!
Yummy food for a fun picnic!

Cadence chowing down on her hotdog!

DJ giving me the look, cause I'm taking his picture!! Ha ha!
Watching the lawn mower races!

Ethan and his dad!! He was so excited!

Grandma Spencer watching with the kids too!
Abbi and Ethan ready to go through the bouncy house!

All our crazy kids ready to run through!

Abbi coming down the slide!

Brianna coming flying down!

DJ came down so fast!

He did half a flip and almost hit me!! Ha ha!

All the kids were so excited to eat some cotton candy!

DJ stuffing his mouth full of cotton candy!

Cute Ethan loved his first taste of cotton candy!

3. We've had a lot of fun with the archery this year. We set up the targets in our yard and left them there. So it was easy to use whenever we felt like it! We did it with many of our cousins. Emily came one day with her kids and we had fun hanging out with them. It was a bit cloudy and stormy out. But we still did archery and some bridge jumping before the storm came. I just didn't get any pictures. It was a lot of fun. One afternoon I got an excited call from David. He got the OK from his therapist to shoot archery. So he asked if they could come right out. I said of course! The kids had fun shooting with their Uncle David!
David and DJ shooting together. Check out the story sky!

DJ concentrating very hard!

Love how he sucks his lip in! So cute!

They're all lined up ready to shoot!





No comments: