Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Family Dance and V-Day!

This post is a couple weeks late, but oh well! On Monday, Feb 7, 2011 the kids school had their Family Dance. They do this every year and it's a fun thing to go watch. My girls have been practising hard every day they went to pre-school. They were so excited!


Of course the day of Brianna was so sick. I kept her home from school, hoping she could sleep it off and feel better in the evening. She was running a high fever all day. After supper I was getting Abbi and Cadence ready and Brianna wanted me to get her dressed and do her hair too. She wanted to go. I didn't have the heart to say no, so I got her all ready. I could tell she was feeling horrible. Just before we left she came up crying, saying she just wanted to go to bed. Poor thing. So her Grandma Spencer stayed home with her and DJ. I promised I'd tape the dances so she could watch them the next day, that made her very happy!


The pre-school was the first ones to dance. Abbi and Cadence were very excited. I took them down to the floor and video taped them. They did very good. It was so cute to watch! They did the Mexican Hat dance.
Their Abbi and Cadence dancing beside each other. The funny thing is Richard told me after that he only got a picture of Cadence, he couldn't find where Abbi was! I looked at the pictures and there is Abbi! It was kind of funny! He was looking for a pink shirt too. Don't you love Cadence's skirt. She has to wear it all the time!
Abbi told me afterwards that her feet got so tired. They would grab everyones hand and dance around in a big circle too! It was so cute!
You can see the back of Ali, Cadence and Abbi's heads as they are watching the kids dance!



We stayed and watched the rest of the grades do their dances too. Cadence kept asking me before we went if the "scary" song was going to play again. I kept telling her they are probably doing a different song. But no, the Grade 6's did Thriller again. They did a great job. The part that freaks poor Cadence out is the beginning when it's the weird music with all the zombies crawling out onto the floor. She clamped her hands to her ears and proceeded to SCREAM! She was terrified. I jumped up to take her out but my dad was right there and took her out to the hallway. They came back in after the dance but she was done. She wanted to go home "RIGHT NOW", in her words! So her Grandpa Paxman took her back to the house. We came not long afterwards. It was a fun evening.


The rest of the week my kids were all sick. I wasn't feeling the greatest either. So we basically all stayed home and took it easy. I did end up taking Brianna back into the doctors on Thursday because she still had a temp and was feeling horrible. Sure enough she had ear infections. Long story short it took a bit, but we finally got her some medicine and she is feeling better.


Friday we were all going stir crazy and ready to get out of the house for a bit. So I packed a lunch and loaded up the kids and we took off for Mt. View, where Chase was having his final basketball tournament. We watched him play two games and win the tournament. This was his first time back since he broke his arm. He played awesome and it was fun cheering for him! Way to go Chase!


I got the kids all bundled up in their winter coats and we walked out of the school. It was SO WINDY out. We were protected by the school for a bit then we were out in the open. It was so windy that DJ started falling, and I grabbed him. At the same time two of my girls (I think Cadence and Brianna) grabbed either side of me. The wind had caught them and they couldn't stop. The funny thing is I couldn't either and we were FLYING down the sidewalk. I was trying to stop all of us with no success. We flew right into the middle of the street (luckily it was a side street and not busy) and the 2 girls did a belly flop in a snow drift. It was crazy windy. They were all screaming and crying and I was trying to get them into the burb. But we made it, crazy wind!


On Monday the girls were so excited to go to school. It was Valentines Day! We spent the weekend getting their valentines all ready for school. I got each of my kids a cute little valentine gift. It was a animal box with chocolate covered animal crackers in them. They loved it! They all made me some cards through out the day (so cute)! I took them to school and helped each of them put their valentines in the right envelopes. They had so much fun! I learned from last year that most everyone puts something with their card, like a cookie or candy. So this year I taped a heart sucker to each one. It was cheap and easy! They girls loved helping me with it too!


They were very happy girls coming home. We sat at the table and opened their valentines. I read what each card said. It was so cute. They loved it! I then started getting dinner ready. I had this bright idea to make heart pizza's! I made a big one and then 4 small ones. The kids each got to make their own. Then we had fresh veggies with it too. I put those on a plate in a heart too! The girls thought I was the best mom ever!!
The girls helping me make their pizza's. Don't you just love their heart shirts that their Great Grandma and pa Spencer gave them?! I thought it was perfect for valentines day!
Putting the pizza sauce on their own little pizzas!


Richard came home with chocolates for me and the girls. They were yummy and the girls like it too! Abbi was so excited to open the card that Richard got for me too. I had to read it out loud. My girls are getting so big!


So that was our Valentines day. We didn't do anything special, but it was a nice day. It was cheap movie rental night. So I ran and got a movie and we relaxed and watched a movie together once the kids were in bed. It was a good day!

No comments: