Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Holy Cow It's Been 10 Years!

I can't believe that Richard and I have now become an old married couple!!! We've hit the 10 year mark last Thursday, Feb 3, 2011. I couldn't imagine life without Richard. Life has treated us good and we are happily married!


We've been talking about going away for our 10 year anniversary. We thought it would be fun to go someplace warm. But then reality struck and we realized a weekend away is more pratical! So I went to Costco and bought ski tickets for Whitefish, and got on priceline and got a nice hotel for cheap. We were planning on leaving Friday morning.



Thursday night we went out for dinner with some friends, since this was our actual anniversary date! Richard came home from work and gave me an edible flower arrangement. YUM!! It was so delicious. I did take a picture of it after I ate 2 of the flowers, because it did look really cool.
Friday morning we woke up and I packed everyone up. My parents took DJ and Cadence and Richard's took Abbi and Brianna. DJ woke up feeling horrible, so I ran him to the hospital first. Sure enough he had ear infections, so we got him some medicine. I got to my parents house and got DJ out and was slowly walking on the ice to the garage door. I slipped and went flying! I hung onto DJ and he fell on top of me, and I landed hard on my side. I laid there for a second and could hear DJ screaming his head off. He was more upset that I dropped his truck and it slid under the burb. Luckily I was ok, just got a bad bruise on my right hip, but other than that was fine....crazy ice!


I said goodbye to Cadence and DJ. I felt bad leaving him sick but thought since I got him medicine he'd start feeling better. My parents were fine and told us to have fun. I got home and picked Richard and the other two up. We dropped them off on our way through Cardston. Then away we went. We got to Kalispell and settled into the hotel. We relaxed, went and soaked in the hot tub, then decided to find somewhere to eat. We asked the receptionist where a good place was. We went to North Bay, and the food was delicious. It was a nice place and we even got free appetizers from our hotel. We really enjoyed dinner. Then we went back to our hotel and I left Richard and did some shopping at JC Penny's which was hooked onto our hotel. I had fun shopping and taking my time. I just bought stuff off the 80% off racks. I spent $50, and saved $250. Crazy eh! I had to buy Abbi a bunch of new pants (all her pants are too small) and shirts. So I got Cadence and Brianna a few clothes too, and DJ.


Then on Saturday we ate a yummy, hot breakfast at our hotel and then got ready to go skiing. I was excited but a little nervous. It had been WAY TOO long since I've skiied. We used to always go before we had kids. We haven't been since we've had kids. So I thought it would be fun.


We got to Big Mountain and rented our equipment and got ready to go. Richard just takes off and I follow him to the chair lifts. Of course he went to the big ones that take you to the top of the mountain. I caught on and we went over to the little chair lifts. I needed to do some easy runs first. Then I got confident enough to go to the top of the mountain. I'm so glad we did, it was so pretty up there. We hit a beautiful day to go skiing. The snow was nice a fluffy, it wasn't too cold and it was nice and clear.

Richard and I riding the chair lift up for the 1st time! I wasn't sure what I got myself into, but skiing is like riding a bike, it all came back to me!



There were snow ghosts at the top of the mountain. I've never seen them before and the sight was amazing. They are trees all covered in snow. Anyways, I had to take some pictures. We'd ski down a little ways and I'd stop and take pictures! We spent most of our time on the top of the mountain and skiing down the backway. I lost Richard once. I usually could just see his yellow jacket and follow where he was going. I was mistaken and took a wrong turn. I ended up on the side of the mountain with only one way down. I sat down beside another skier who was also staring down where we had to go. She kept telling me to go first and I'd laugh and say, "That's ok you can go first." I was really freaking out inside! She finally went and I watched how she did it. Then I followed, and made it down! I waited at the chair lifts for Richard. I finally gave up on him and got in line to go back to the top when I saw him. He was afraid I'd be all ticked off at him...ha ha ha! But I wasn't, that didn't happen till later...he he!


We had so much fun. We stopped for a quick lunch and then went back up to the top. By this time I was getting pretty tired. Plus my right side hurt (where I fell the day before). I went to go down and ended up waxing out so hard. When I fell my head ended up pointing downhill (like I was upside down), and my one ski got stuck on my boot and with me sliding down the hill it felt like my ankle was going to break (it was my bad ankle). I was trying to get them apart and was just about ready to start screaming for help (I kind of panicked!), but then I was able to pull them apart. I sat up and noticed Richard was no where in sight and I had no clue which way he went. By this point I was DONE! But I had no choice but to keep going. I finally found Richard and we had to go back up to the top so we could come down the front side. I was so exhausted!! He could of kept going but didn't want to by himself so we left. There was only 30mins left of skiing anyways, so it's not like we left that early!
Here's me with the cool looking "snow ghosts"! I thought it was a pretty cool sight!

I told Richard to wait so I could take a picture of Whitefish lake. This is from partway down the mountain. It was such a clear day out.
The only time, I beat Richard down the hill and I took advantage of it and took a picture.



It was a lot of fun. I was afraid I wouldn't remember how to ski but it all came back to me. We both agreed that it would be fun to bring the girls and have them try next time. They have a really good program for kids. We took pictures of random kids skiing to show our girls. They enjoyed looking at the pictures.


After that we crashed at the hotel. I was so tired. We did go out and eat something then came back and watched movies. It was a really fun weekend. I didn't do very much shopping either, which Richard was happy for! We came home Sunday and picked up Brianna and Abbi in Cardston. Brianna was sick and was fevered. Poor thing wasn't feeling good at all. We got to Raymond where DJ was still really sick, fevered and throwing up. Poor kids. I felt really bad, but was thankful for such good parents that took care of our sick kids! So we ran DJ and Brianna in to the hospital and they got DJ on different medication. Brianna had a touch of bronchitis. They are slowly starting to feel better. It's a horrible virus going around. Brianna missed school this whole week. I'm hoping she'll be better by Monday, for their Valentine's party.


So that's what we did on our 10 year anniversary. We had a lot of fun and enjoyed a little get away, thanks to our parents....thanks again!

4 comments:

The Bassetts said...

Happy Anniversary!! The skiing pictures look really cool. Glad you were able to get away for the weekend.

Shelley said...

Congrats on your anniversary!! Skiing looked like fun......but isn't it your 11 th anniversary? Haha. I thought you guys were married in Feb of 2000. Maybe I'm wrong though. I'm still laughing though cause I'm like 99 percent sure it's your 11. Anyhow......happy anniversary

The Spencers said...

Shelley, Shelley, Shelley, you are too funny! Of course I know what year I was married!! I got home from my mission April 2000 and Richard got home Dec 2000, so we were married Feb 2001!! Ha ha ha, still laughing at you! So yup, it's our 10th!!

Jay&Nic said...

ahem, shelley you are fired! Congrats on the big 10! That is quite the feat! The ski pictures are awesome! Congrats you two love birds:)