Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Little Changes!

My mom called me on Monday to tell me someone she knew was getting rid of 2 sets of bunk beds. She arranged it so I could run to Raymond to take a look. As the kids and I were leaving Richard pulled up, so he jumped in and came along. I decided to buy the metal bunk bed. It was a futon on the bottom that also goes into a double bed with a single bed on top. I got it for $80.

Richard and I, with DJ, ran and got dad's truck. We got the bunk bed and came home. We unloaded, then ran back to my parents to return the truck. I was smart and brought my Sunday leftovers and combined it with mom's (it was roast beef dinner) and we ate dinner there. We then had a quick FHE lesson with my mom. She did a really cute one with an orange. The kids listened very well. It was fun. We then came home and put them to bed.
A very random picture in all this, but here are the kids playing with playdough one morning. It's DJ's favorite thing and the girls like it too! I was able to get both bathrooms clean while they played! Bonus!


Oh, I almost forgot to write about the crazy thing that happened Monday afternoon. DJ was tired and went down for a nap at about 12:15pm. I got the girls ready for school. At 12:30pm I checked on DJ who was sound asleep. I put the girls in the burb and ran and checked on DJ again. Then I ran and raced to the school to drop them off (seriously don't do this very often, but I wasn't going to wake him up). Ran the girls up to the door and it was locked. Was a little confused. Looked around and noticed it was very quiet and nobody around, which isn't normal. I told the girls to stay there and was going to run to the next door. They yelled, NO to me. Then the door opened and it was a RCMP officer telling me that the school was in a lock down and nobody was coming in or out. So I ran back to the burb with the girls and we raced home, we were gone for all of 5 mins. I noticed on the way home that there was a RCMP car at each corner around the school.


It kind of freaked me out. I talked to one of the mom's who had 4 kids in the school, one of them in preschool. She said that she didn't know much but was waiting anxiously for any news. The kids were let out just after 1pm. I found out later that a student got very upset and issued some threats and then ran off. The officers put the school on lock down till they were able to find the student and take him into custody. I am so thankful my girls were home with me. Even though all the students were fine, that would of freaked me out. Not having control over getting my own kids back to me. It was a little scary.


That incident helped me to decide to not send Cadence to school on Tuesday. I needed to make a trip to Cut Bank and decided to go yesterday. We left at about 9:30am in the morning and made the border by 10am. The officer told me I was the only crazy person driving and the first to cross the border that morning. It was snowing and the radio was issuing a snow fall warning. But the roads were pretty clear and I drove 100km/h the whole way. I told him the roads were fine. He then said that there was a storm warning and he advises me not to drive. He was so focused on warning me that he didn't ask me any questions, oh except if I had any fruit in the vehicle. Which I did. Totally forgot that I shouldn't. I couldn't hide it either because Cadence was sitting there eating the grapes. He again got after me about that but said she could finish eating them, which was nice. Then he told me to drive safe.
I quickly gave all the kids a bath and washed their hair before we left. Abbi decided to get my camera and take a picture of this (without me knowing). I just did some editing to get my butt out of the picture! DJ loves taking bathes but HATES getting his hair washed. He was realizing that it was his turn next!


We took off and everything was fine. I'm pretty confident with driving on bad roads. Sometimes too confident! But driving while big, fat, fluffy flakes are coming down doesn't bother me at all! The roads were just fine. We made it there and I picked up a package from the post office and sent one off to David. Then we did some shopping at JC Penny's (my favorite store), and then went to the local furniture shop. Got some nice dressers, 2 of them to be exact, for a real good price. They were already put together, another bonus, and they loaded them into the burb. I had to reposition all the kids. DJ sat up front with me and the girls all sat in the middle seat. That way I pulled the back seat out and leaned it up against the middle seat and the 2 dressers came in. Then I went and did some grocery shopping. We were packed! Oh my vehicle's passenger airbag does not come on unless more then 80lbs are sitting in the front seat, which DJ is not!

I promised the kids that if they were good I would take them to the dollar store and they could pick out a toy. They were all so AWESOME! I had a lady stop me and comment on how good they all were. I was shopping and they were all trailing behind me! She couldn't believe how good they were. I laughed and said thank you. We do have our moments sometimes, but they were all so good yesterday. It made it easy to get so much done! They were all excited to pick out a toy (a cheap bribe!). Then we went through McDonald's drive through and got lunch. I got them all set up and away we went home. DJ zonked on the way home and the girls got a little wild, being so close to each other. But they did good! We made it home by 2:30pm. It was a successful trip!


Well Cadence wanted me to put together her new bed. The plan was the bunk bed I bought was going in DJ's room and him and Cadence were going to share a room now. So I took apart his bed and took it downstairs and put it back together in the toy room. Then I carried all the pieces upstairs for the bunk bed. I gave each of the kids a wet cloth to wipe down all the pieces. I slowly got it together and got the beds all made and set up. Then it was supper time, so I hurried and made boy scout supper (pancakes, eggs and bacon). Richard ran home and ate and then had to run to scouts. He helped me carry the dressers upstairs before he left.


So after supper I put all the knobs on the dressers and got them into the rooms. Then we had to reorganize clothes. The girls were SO EXCITED. I knew the day was coming when I had to separate their clothes. Well it happened. They now all have their own drawers with their own pants, and jammies. Since they are all in different sizes it does make it easier for them to get dressed on their own. So we did that and then I was trying to hurry and clean up the disaster zone (all upstairs) before bedtime. Well the girls were so excited that they all cleaned their own rooms. Really good too, then they cleaned mine, while I was cleaning the kitchen. It was a nice surprise.
Here's DJ and Cadence's new bunk bed set. DJ is on the bottom (he's sound asleep!) and Cadence is up top under the covers somewhere, asleep too!
Here's Brianna and Abbi's room. Having one less bed makes things so much more roomier, if that's a word!


DJ was excited to have Cadence in the room with him. He went to bed so good. He only came out once and I tucked him back in. He has a bad habit to stick his head out of his room and just stare at me in my room. It`s kind of funny and today I finally got a picture of it. Because he won't come out of his room till I say something but he`ll just have his head poking around the corner. It cracks me up! Cadence slept so good too on the top bunk. I was a little worried, but she didn't wake up once. They were still so excited this morning that they all went and made their beds and cleaned their rooms before breakfast. So funny!
Here's DJ when he first pokes his head out. All I see is his cute little eyes and nose! This was when I was trying to put him down for a nap.
He saw me taking his picture so he was trying to decide if it was ok to come out!


So that was our fun filled couple of days. I was worried about changing the sleeping arrangements, but it seems I didn't have too. The kids all love it and are all very happy with the changes. This morning they were playing house and would go back and forth between the rooms. It was cute.
So that's some of our little changes that's been going on here. They've all been good and we're all happy! Yesterday I helped Cadence move all her shirts into the closet with DJ. It's been good for me to clean up and organize a little more too!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

So sorry to hear that you guys were sick again. Sheesh, it seems like you guys have had just about everything this winter. Strep throat is awful: I hope you guys are healthy now and stay that way. Good job on the good deals on the beds and dressers - I bet it is easier to be organized with more dressers. I am glad your kids were good for you at the store - I don't dare take all three of mine to the store because I would probably come out with only two. Conner always runs off, he is not concerned at all that he might get lost. Anyway, it is acting spring-ish here so I am hoping winter is behind us.
Carissa