Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Aggie Days!

We had such a good week. The weather was beautiful out for the entire week! YAHOO!! The girls wanted me to either walk them to school or ride our bikes to school each time. I didn't have time to walk them on Monday so the girls decided to walk on the sidewalk by themselves. I drove slowly on the road. It was cute to see how excited they were! They walked half way and then jumped in with me!

On Tuesday morning my mom told me that it was Aggie Days. So I made a quick decision and packed a lunch and the kids up and away we went. I had a few things to get on the way. My friend, Tiffany, met us there with her two kids. It was so much fun. The kids loved going to each of the booths and doing different activities. We were taking our time and letting  the kids have fun. I looked at my watch and realized we weren't going to make it home for Cadence's school. So I called and excused her! She was a little bit upset but then was fine.
Brianna and DJ trying to pet the baby Llama. They were so cute.
Cadence, Brianna, Abbi and DJ looking at all the cute baby chicks. My girls were pretty concerned about the chicks mommy's. The nice lady was trying to explain to them that the chicks don't need their mom. It wasn't working, they still wanted to know where the moms were! Too funny!
My 4 cute kids trying to pet the miniature horses. I was surprised at how brave DJ was. He just wanted to touch all the animals! Even if it meant climbing the fence (caught him a few times trying to climb over.....crazy boy)!
 DJ, Cadence and Brianna petting a baby goat. This was in the petting zoo where they could walk up and pet the animals.
 DJ watching the calf lay down.....he was totally fascinated with it.
As soon as it was down he RAN over was the first one to pet the calf. He's a brave little boy!
 This picture captures Cadence's true feelings about the whole petting zoo. She was NOT a fan! I guess it would be a little scary to turn around and be nose to nose with a donkey!!! ha ha ha, funny to watch though! I ended up holding my cute 5yr old while we were in there!
 My girls with their friend, Jayda! They were so excited to be together and they ran from booth to booth!
 Brianna loved to follow the animals and I think she was able to pet every single one of them. Here she is with some sheep and a baby goat! She's my animal lover who has the worst allergies ever!
Brianna, Abbi and Cadence checking out the baby ducks. Cadence was ok with this because they were in a cage!
 The five kids busy squishing their canola seeds to make oil. That booth was a huge hit with them!
 Abbi finally got to hold a baby chick. She was so happy and didn't want to give it up.  I had a hard time keeping up with this girl, she would take off and run everywhere!
 Brianna holding a chick. She was so gentle and careful with it!
Cadence was very brave and pet a baby chick. I had to quickly stop the lady as she was trying to put the chick in Cadence's hand. That would of been a disaster, poor baby chick flying through the air while Cadence is doing a dance and screaming (yup it would of happened!). She was happy petting it!
 DJ was not interested in petting the chick because he was so enthralled with watching all the chicks running around the cage. He thought it was funny!
 DJ loved this train car and kept coming back to it. He threw a fit when we left because he wanted to go back to the "vrrrmmmmm"!
Loved this picture of my kids on a bale of straw. Even though DJ is still backing up his little bum to sit down this was the best picture of them! This was before they were running on the bales jumping around and then we left!


After Aggie Days the kids and I ate our lunch in the burb on the way to Jayda's (Tiffany's daughter) house. We got there and the kids played outside ALL afternoon. They had so much fun. I realized later that I should of put sunblock on the kids. DJ got a good sunkiss across his nose and cheeks and his ears got a little red. I'll be more careful next time. Especially since I have 2 very fair skinned kids! The other two are so dark, just like me! On the way home I stopped and got everyone a slurpee so DJ would stay awake on the 30 min drive home. He was about to fall asleep when I yelled, "Oh no Cadence I think the monster is going to get you." Well that popped him up and he pretended to be a monster and tryed to get Cadence! He loves to be a monster! He stayed awake!

Brianna and DJ ended up with strep throat this week. I got them on medicine right away so they are doing much better. It didn't really slow them down too much. Wednesday was a crazy day with me running DJ to speech at 10:15am (in Raymond). Then going out to my mom's to get the girls. We ended up having lunch there and then I ran into town and met Richard. He took DJ, because DJ had a Dr's appointment at 12:40. But I had to run back to Magrath to drop the girls off at school by 12:35pm. Then I turned around to run back to Raymond to the Dr's office. Sure enough he had strep. Got his medicine and then came home and put DJ down for a nap.

On Friday Shaylee and Mikah came over in the afternoon for a sleep over. My kids were SO EXCITED! We are sad that they are leaving soon, so we thought it would be fun to have them over. I made pizza for dinner and the girls were all talking about their "slumber party"! So after dinner they went into Abbi and Brianna's room and decorated it and got their jammies on. They all had so much fun. I told my girls that they could stay up as late as they wanted. That made them all happy! The funny thing is I came up and put DJ to bed around 6:45pm (he was one tired boy). I sat up here and was reading when I hear a little voice, "Mom I'm tired and want to go to bed." It was Cadence! I looked at the clock and it said 7:10pm. Silly girl! So she went straight to bed and went to sleep and 10mins later Brianna came up saying she was SO TIRED! So she went to bed at 7:20pm. So funny. Abbi called it quits at 8pm. So technically she was the only one who stayed up past her bed time! Funny girls!
 Abbi letting Mikah do her hair! They were just getting ready to go down to watch their movie with popcorn!
Cadence getting her hair done by Shaylee. Cadence would laugh so hard when she looked at herself in the mirror with her hair sticking out everywhere. It was pretty funny!


Saturday morning Brianna and Cadence had soccer. This was their 2nd week but my first time going with them. I was in Calgary for their first week. So they were both excited to have me come. I also bought them some cleats to wear, so they were both ready to go by 8:30am! It started at 10:30, so they were very excited. We got there and Mikah, Shaylee and Abbi ran over to the playground. Cadence and Brianna went up and they were given a shirt to put on with their team color. I noticed Brianna was green and Cadence was red. They put them on and went over with everyone else. I walked over to the bleachers to sit down, when I heard this SCREAMING. I turned and Cadence was running to me hysterical. I was having a hard time to settle her down. When I asked her loudly (so she could hear me), "WHATS WRONG CADENCE?" She finally got it out that her and Brianna weren't on the same team, and they were last week. She was so sad and upset. So I went over and had them switch Brianna to Cadence's team. I guess they had decided to split up any siblings. But that didn't last long! After that everything was hunkey dorey and they had fun practising their skills!

That afternoon the kids wanted to turn our slide into a water slide. So everyone went and got swim suits on and I got the hose ready. They sprayed the slide and Mikah flew down first. Well it was so crazy fast that she shot out and landed hard. It really hurt her. I felt bad. So to solve that problem I got our blow up mattress and put it at the bottom. It worked great. The kids had something soft to land on. So they did that while I got dinner ready. It was so funny to watch them.
 Shaylee flying down and ready to hit the mattress!
 Cadence flying down and when she landed she'd slide across the mattress and at one point went beneath my legs! They flew down pretty fast!
DJ coming down. He always landed so crazy on the mattress. Of course he did a lot of grunting when he crashed too!

After supper and my kids were in bed I had Shaylee and Mikah show me how to make flower bows. They are so easy! So we made a bunch. Then Stacey came to pick them up. I stayed up late making a whole bunch of bows. My girls were so excited in the morning to wear them to church! It was so much fun having Shaylee and Mikah over. My kids absolutely loved it!

No comments: