Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day 2011!

To start out the Mother's Day weekend I got to go up to Calgary with my sister, Megan. We left around 5:30pm on Friday evening. Richard stayed home with the kids. I was so excited. We went up to Cody and Em's place and then on Saturday Megan, Emily and I went to TOFW (Time Out For Women). We got there are 9pm and both Megan and I walked in quietly just in case the girls were sleeping. Well I shut the front door and Cody jumped out and grabbed me! Sheesh, so that scared me a little. Of course that gets him laughing! I have to say that we all sat around and talked and laughed till late that night and it was a lot of fun. We were telling stories and got laughing SO HARD! We have some crazy stories of when we grew up and it makes it so much funnier when we all remember different things of that same story! Anyways back to TOFW, it was AMAZING! The only down part of the day was my mom wasn't there with us. She was the whole reason we were there but she ended up pretty sick and couldn't come. We felt so bad that she couldn't be there to enjoy it with us. So we made sure to take good notes so we could report back to her!

We listened to some amazing speakers talk to us. Every talk was different but the outcome was the same. They all left me feeling so uplifted and ready to take on the world! Kris Beltcher, one of the speakers, had everyone laughing so hard we were crying. She has an amazing story and for all that she has gone through it amazes me that she can stand up in front of 2000 people and share her sad story, but yet have us laughing so hard! I loved all the talks and Hillary Weeks talked to us and sang to us through out the day. She has a beautiful voice and is so talented. I loved listening to her sing. A few of her songs brought tears to my eyes and I had to fight it so I wouldn't start bawling! They were so good. For lunch Emily took us to a really yummy pizza place. I can't remember the name but it was delish! I really enjoyed it and next time TOFW is in Calgary I am for sure going again and this time with my mom!

We then went back to Cody and Emily's house. Travis and Shelley were there helping Cody with something in his yard. So we had fun visiting with them too. After they left we had some yummy dinner that Emily made, Indian tacos, so good! Then Megan and I left for home. It was a fun, fun weekend.

On Sunday I woke up and could hear whispering going on in the kitchen. I stayed in bed and Richard came in with the kids and brought me some toast. Then they all gave me their card and mothers day gifts. It was so fun. The girls each made me a card and a necklace at school. They were so excited to give it to me. Richard made a card for me from him and the kids and he also made one for me just from him. It was very sweet!

We were all ready for church by 10am. So we went for a little Sunday drive and I got some fun pictures of the kids at the farm. It was a beautiful day out. We got to the church by 10:35am to practice the song the primary kids were going to sing during Sacrament meeting. I was a little nervous about playing it, but it turned out so good. The kids sang it perfectly. The song was "mother tell me a story".  I felt very spoiled that day and very proud to be a mother!
My cute kids and I down on the farm in Magrath. If you look closely you can see the 3 necklaces my girls made for me!
Love this picture with Abbi's big happy smile and Brianna's "shy" smile!


I love being a mom. I couldn't think of anything else that is as fullfilling as being a mom to my 4 kids. Sure there are hard days but it's all worth it. We have alot of fun together and learn lots together too! I love listening to my little girls say their prayers. It's always so sweet to hear all that they pray for. One of their favorite things to do before bed is to read the scriptures. If I'm in a hurry and forget they always remind me. We've been reading the Book of Mormon with all the pictures, so they can understand easier. They all love it. I love all the hugs and kisses they give me. It's great being a mom.
DJ saw his sisters hugging and had to run and be apart of it! He thought it was so fun to hug them all!
My triplets hugging each other! They are such good friends and love each other so much. It's cute to see them interact with each other, it never gets old!
Taking a little walk around thefarm. You can see that Cadence is in mid skip and DJ was in mid run! The kids love to run around on the farm!



Of course I have a LOT of good examples of mothers around me. There's my mom, who I think is the best. She loves to be a part of our lives. My kids love her and are always so excited to go to the farm. If I ever need advice or just a listening ear my mom is always there for me. I love her so much and am so thankful that I am so close to her!
My mom with Abbi and Cadence. We were just saying good bye. Mom was talking to one of my sisters on the phone!
My mom and I and Abbi. She is the best mom ever!

Another good example is my mother in law, Shelly. She, too, has always been there for us. My kids always love it when she stops by unexpectedly to visit or if we go to her house. She loves to watch the kids if we go to the temple, on a date or even away for a night or two. She always jumps at the chance to watch them. We love you and are grateful for all you do.

My sister, Stacey, is also a great example to me of an awesome mom. I can always ask her any question and she is more then willing to help. She's been through most of what I'm going through and I love to get her advice. I'm so sad about them moving so far away and am going to miss her and her family so much. We're excited for them and the opportunity they have to further Steve's career. We are just going to miss them.

 
Sorry this post took me FOREVER to put up. I was having some technical difficulties! But I hope all the mom's out there had a great day!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Happy Mother's day (late)! Looks like a good day. Being a mom is the best, even though sometimes it is hard. Your girls weekend sounds so fun! I love the pic of your kids hugging each other - so cute!
Carissa