Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Good Friday!

Oh boy, I kind of let time get away with me here. I was doing so good, but now I'm way behind in my posts! So I'm just going to fast forward to Good Friday. In the morning I boiled a bunch of eggs and then we colored them. The kids were very excited. The only problem was when I bought the egg dye, I didn't realize I bought a weird kind. It was where you put 3 drops of color on the egg and then drop it in a plastic bag they provided and proceeded to rub the color on the egg. Yeah, that didn't work so well. After 3 crushed eggs, I made my own dye and we dipped them in cups. Much better! They all had fun coloring on the eggs and then dipping them!
They were all so excited to be able to color their eggs.
Brianna showing me her pink egg. She was very careful with her eggs and did very well.
Abbi showing me her egg. Abbi was very excited and sometime would drop her egg to hard or squeeze it to hard. Oh well, there just eggs! She had fun!
DJ was over the top excited about doing it all by himself. He didn't want me to touch him or anything. He was a big boy! He did crack a few too, but we still colored them!


Cadence was very proud of her eggs she dyed. I think this is the first time that she didn't dye her hands and arms and face! Only because the water was hot and it kept her from sticking herself into the cup!! ha ha!




Richard ended up working in the morning. But he came with us into Lethbridge that afternoon. The day was so nice out! I had a few appointments to show our upstairs suite on the west side to people. The first was at 12:45pm. After that we didn't have to be back till 2pm. So we had an imprompto picnic. We stopped and got us some KFC and went to our favorite park on the west side.


DJ was ready to go. He always wants to drive. We've let him do it a few times on our laps (on a dirt road or in a feild) and he loves it!





The kids had a blast running around a playing. They were so excited that they'd run a play and then run up and take a bite of food and away they went again. They ate quite a bit a bite at a time! That's how I should of lost my weight. Run every time I'm eating! Only if I had their energy!


Abbi running over and getting a big bite of chicken.






It was fun to watch the kids play so hard. DJ had fun going from sister to sister and playing whatever they were playing with. They are so good to their brother too! DJ had to pee so bad, but of course there are no bathrooms. So I hid him behind some big rocks and had him try to pee. He wanted nothing to do with it. But he had to go so bad that he started peeing and was crying. Until I said, "Look DJ your making the rock wet." ha ha ha! Then he was ok.
Brianna ready to go play on the playground. She loves to pose for me!


Abbi going down the slide. Don't you love her boots on the wrong feet!


DJ would stand on any playground and drive his "truck" all day long. It's his favorite thing to do!


Cadence going up the big steps. She had fun running around and trying all the different things.



Before we left I made the kids all line up on the playground so I could take their pictures together. They got themselves all organized and told me to take their picture. It was pretty cute!


I love this picture: DJ, Abbi, Brianna and Cadence!


Close up of my cute kids. It was a little windy, hence Abbi's hair in her face!



After we showed the house again we went to take the kids swimming. But wouldn't you know it the pool was closed. So they were pretty disappointed. But we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Paxman's place and played outside. So they had a blast with that. Oh I bought them some donuts on the way out of Lethbridge and they ate them on the way to the farm. It was a HUGE sticky mess, but they were happy!



Saturday Richard surprised me and put up all our outside lights and all the lights downstiars AND our fan light in the kitchen (ok that was Sat and Mon). He did a lot of little jobs around the house it was so nice. The way it started was from an innocent question from a 5 year old. This is what Abbi asked as we were eating supper Friday night.
Abbi - "Dad why is the light switch broken?"
Dad - "Because there is no light to turn on outisde."
Abbi - "Why you not put the light up?"
It was pretty funny. But that night Richard put that light up for Abbi. I then ran to Abbi and told her to go ask dad why the other outside lights don't work! ha ha ha! It worked though, cause he put them all up! YEAH! I have a great husband!



As he was working on different things around the house, he had a little shadow that wanted to help him! DJ was right there ready to work with his dad. He loves doing anything with his dad and tools! Richard is very patient with him and lets him help, so cute!

DJ and his dad checking out the fire place and figuring out what needs to be fixed.

DJ handing his dad the tools that he needed. It was so cute to watch, DJ thought he was so big!

Then he picked up the old switch and was "fixing" it with a screwdriver, while his dad was fixing the real thing!




So that's what we did those two days. We totally took advantage of the nice weather and played a lot outside. We were going to take the kids to a movie on Saturday but it was so nice out we just played outside. I went and rented a movie for that night and we had a movie night. So that was fun!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Haha, I had to laugh about D.J. peeing outside. Whenever I let my boys do that they think it is pretty cool. That is funny that Abbi got Richard to put up the lights - maybe I should try that! We are going up to Lethbridge this weekend, it is going to be a busy trip but maybe we could see you? Talk to ya later.
Carissa