Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Richard's Birthday!

This year for Richard's birthday he was actually away at camp. I think I mentioned before, oh well. It was a LONG camp for him to be away for. We missed him so much. We had a good distraction when we camped for 3 days. But when we got back time went by too slow!

On Friday the kids helped me make Richard a birthday sign. They were so excited and so determined to do a good job. So cute to watch. Friday, actually was a cold and windy day. So opposite compared to Thursday, which was boiling hot out! So it was a perfect time to stay inside and paint. I was having a hard time getting much done on Friday. I think I was pretty much spent! Between my allergies and lack of sleep, I wasn't feeling the hottest. I think this year has been the WORST for my allergies. With all the cotton floating around it about kills me! Anyways, I had no energy on Friday but still lots had to be done. The kids were a little grumpy and grouchy too. To make it even better we had to run to the church and clean it after supper. Our family has to clean it for the month of July, only the entry ways and coat rooms, so it's not too bad. But it takes awhile when Richard isn't there to help. DJ was SO TIRED and followed me around whining most of the time. He was ok, if I put him to work! Funny boy! Anyways I was glad when Friday was over!

All the kids busy painting their part of the banner.

Cadence trying so hard to stay in between the lines!

Abbi working hard on the banner. She wanted it to be "perfect" for her dad!

DJ painted some designs that we put on the banner too. He was excited to be a part of this!

Brianna took her time and did a great job. She concentrates so hard and makes sure everything looks perfect before she moves on!
Saturday we hurried and finished cleaning the house and the garage. We also wrapped Richard's presents and hung up the banner in the boot room. Then we had to wait, and wait and wait. I think we were a little bit excited to see our hubby and dad! He got home around 2pm and we were so excited to see him! He was happy to be home!

His parents came over for his birthday dinner. I made steak and potatoes and veggies for dinner. It was easy to make and yummy! Then we cleaned up and got the cake out (yup I went the easy way and bought a DQ cake!), and sang him happy birthday. DJ was more excited about the cake and got right in there and helped his dad blow the candles out!

Look at all those candles and it's not even the right amount! DJ thought it was so fun to help his dad blow them all out!

Richard opening his card from Cadence. She was excited to give it too him and explain what everything said!

DJ waiting for Papa (as he would say!) Spencer give him his piece of cake.

The girls watching their dad open his presents. He didn't get anything really exciting. He had bought himself a new drill, so I got him lots of clothes!
It was a very low key birthday, but that's how he likes it! My parents and Trayden and Chase came over later. It was a good day. Even though we missed his real birthday it was fun to celebrate it with him later. The kids always get so excited about birthdays.

To prove that my kids love parties. They put together this party for Richard and I on Sunday morning. It was so cute. They put a lot of thought into it.  Notice the annie dolls standing with flowers in their hands and the ones sitting with flowers in their hands. That was all them! Then they set the table so nice. They were so excited for us to come down and eat the food! DJ loved being a part of this too! So cute!
HAPPY 35th (Yup, it was kind of a big one for him!) RICHARD! WE LOVE YOU!

No comments: