Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, July 4, 2011

The Girl's Friend Birthday Party!

It's hard having a birthday the day after Christmas. So when my girls keep asking for a friend birthday party on their birthday I keep telling them no. So to make up for it I decided they could do it on their half mark. That fell on a Sunday this year so we did it on Friday, June 24th. To say my girls were excited is an understatement. They were beyond excited. I had them sit down with me and we figured out which 3 friends they were going to invite. They each got to invite 3 friends. Then I wrote out the invites and they sealed it in the envelope and delivered them to their friends.

I am definitely NOT a party person. Never really have been and probably never will be. I'm all for very simple parties. So I decided it was going to be outside. I cleaned the garage out and put up a table with a table cloth. The girls helped me get the backyard ready too. I got some water balloons and filled them up with water (what a pain!)! When the kids started coming we just had them play on the toys outside. I finished making the sandbox the day before, so that was a big hit too!

Once everyone got there we played a few games. I had chairs out and we played musical chairs. For the music I had the kids musical toys and I played that. Then when I stopped they would all find a chair. But once they figured out that when they got out they got to help me make music, everyone wanted out. It was really funny. Three of them would be like, "Oh no chair for me, I'm out." It made me laugh!
All the kids at the party, except 2 (late in coming). We told them to make their silliest face ever!

Then I got DJ's basketball hoop out and had them all line up. They took turns throwing the balloons at the hoop. They all loved it when the balloons popped. Some took a while to pop! We even got through that without anyone getting wet! Amazing!
Everyone lined up to throw a water balloon. Brianna and DJ throwing one!

Matt threw on and broke it on the top of the hoop. Isn't that a great picture!

DJ had to make sure his went in the basket! Funny boy!

Everyone helping me pick up the pieces of balloons.

I then brought out the saddest looking pinata ever. I have no idea how people can actually make a nice looking pinata. It beats me. Because I tried really hard to make it look nice and it's the ugliest thing ever! It popped on me TWICE as I was making it. The 2nd time it popped, paper and the yucky flour stuff went all over me. It was on my face, in my hair and all over my clothes. Cadence was standing there watching me and said, "Mom, I think we need to buy one." When I kept saying no. She said, "I make a deal, if it pop again then we buy one." I agreed and went ahead and started making another one. Cadence kept a close eye on me and kept saying, "It not going to work, mom." Ha ha ha ha! So funny! So that's the story on my sad looking pinata!
I had everyone race to the ditch and back while I hung the pinata. Abbi came back first!

Abbi took a HUGE swing at the pinata and broke the sticks inside that was holding the rope!

So there it is on the ground. Cadence taking her turn hitting it!

DJ thought it was great fun hitting it!

The kids had a blast hitting it though. It only lasted through 5 kids before it fell to the ground. It wasn't broken though, but I couldn't get it to hang back up. So I just had the kids take wacks at it on the ground. It didn't seem to bother them at all. They had a blast hitting it!

We then went into the garage and I brought out cupcakes and icing. They each got to decorate 2 cupcakes. I had sprinkles galore and they were able to do anything they wanted too! It was hilarious to see some of their cupcakes. Then I put a candle in everyones cupcake and we sang happy birthday to Abbi, Brianna and Cadence and everyone blew out their own candle. Then they ate the cupcakes and had ice cream.
Everyone icing their cupcakes.

Cadence showing us her cupcake!

Brianna and Abbi icing their cupcakes.

DJ loved that he got to blow his own candle out!

Here's all the kids with their cupcakes!

My 3 little girls at their Un-birthday party!

Since it was so windy out we went downstairs to open presents. It was very chaotic. The girls had fun opening presents. I knew that this would be hard on DJ so I bought him a little gift and put it in a Cars gift bag. It was perfect. He sat there and opened his own present the whole time. He'd open it and then put it back in the bag and then open it again. He loved the Cars book I got him. The girls thanked everyone for their gifts. Then we went back outside to play. Then parents started coming for their kids. I had little goody bags for the kids. It was a success. It was a crazy 1 1/2 hrs with 15 kids 5 and under! I couldn't of done it without my friend Tiffany. She came and helped me the whole time. That's the only reason I have any pictures. Tiffany took them for me. Thanks for all the help Tiff!

So that's how the party went! The girls still talk about it! I'm glad they had so much fun! Crazy to think that they are 5 1/2yrs old! Time flys by way too fast!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Wow, you did an amazing job! Party's kind of stress me out, I don't know if I could have handled having 15 little kids at a party. You are an awesome mom!
Carissa