Spencer's

Spencer's

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cardston Days!

I am a bit behind in the blogging world, so I thought I would try to do a quick catch up. The middle of August brought Cardston Days. I tried to book a camping spot in Cardston but was too late. So we just pulled the trailer to Richard's parents house and camped there. It was perfect. They do have the perfect yard for it, plus they are on a corner lot, so we parked on the side. The kids were excited to camp there. We pulled in Friday evening.

Saturday morning we woke up and had breakfast and got everyone ready. My kids went out and rode bikes. Their cousin Seth was there and I told the girls to share their bikes with him. He looked at me and told me he couldn't ride a two wheeler. I asked if he wanted to try (he's 6, just 7 mths older then my girls), and he said yes. To make a long story short, Seth and I went over to the church parking lot and within 10 minutes he was riding Brianna's bike. It was cute to see how excited he was. I ran and got his parents so he could show them! Way to go Seth! After that we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Spencer's and set up our chairs to wait for the parade. The kids loved the parade and got a TONNE of candy. It was crazy how much candy they got! I ended up throwing the rest out a week later because we still had a bunch!

The kids waiting patiently for the parade to start! We were right at the beginning, probably why they got so much candy!

After the parade the kids had fun wrestling with their Uncle Brian!
We then went back to Richard's parents house and had a bbq there. It was fun and relaxing. It was hot out, so we got the slip and slide out for the kids to play on. They had fun playing with the neighbour kids too.

Richard flinging DJ down the slip and slide. DJ loved it and we did this for him for a long time. He thought that it was hilarious!

Cadence kind of figured out how to slide down. She had fun on it too!

Brianna wasn't about to jump onto her belly or knees to go down so she just ran down!
Abbi, Jasmine (cousin), Katie (neighbour) an Cadence playing in front of the trailer!

Brianna hanging out with her Grandma Spencer.
I promised my kids that they could watch the fireworks this time. My girls were so tired by 7:30pm that I put them to bed and promised I'd wake them up at 10:30pm to see the fireworks. DJ stayed up because he had a 2hr nap at 4pm. So he had no trouble staying awake!

One of DJ's Uncles gave him a sour ball (the blue thing in his hand). It was funny to see all his different facial expressions! Too funny!

Here he decided to spit it out and wipe his tongue off. We were laughing so hard!

Cadence with her mouth stuffed full of candy and showing off her scuffed up forehead!

DJ having a little melt down. He was a tired boy and ended falling asleep not too long after this!
I woke the girls up and Cadence popped right up and came out. We watched right there in the backyard. Abbi told me no and went back to sleep and Brianna popped up and looked at me then pushed me away. I tried to talk her into coming out, but she wouldn't. So we had Cadence and DJ. The fireworks started and DJ LOVED it. He was so excited and kept yelling, "MORE, MORE." Cadence was ok but then started to get scared. She was ready to go back to bed after they were done. Abbi and Brianna were a little sad in the morning but after I explained that I woke them up but they said no, then they laughed about it!

Cadence and I and Grandma cuddling together to stay warm. We were waiting for the fireworks to start.

DJ was running around like a maniac and tackling his cousins while we waited. He entertained us!
We slept there Saturday night and then woke up Sunday morning ate breakfast and pulled the trailer home and got ready for church. It was a fun weekend with family!

2 comments:

The Bassetts said...

Sounds like fun. Did you guys enjoy the reunion? I wanted to go but we have traveled so much this summer that we just stayed home. Are the girls in school yet?

Marie said...

Okay, DJ is a total kid. I keep thinking of him as a baby.

Sounds like a great weekend. Summer went so quickly. Sigh.

I'm totally behind in the blogging world too. How do I even catch up at this point?