Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, September 19, 2011

Packing The Fun In!

When we got back from Kalispell, I looked at the calender and realized we just had a week left of summer. So I decided we needed to pack in some fun for the rest of the week! So that's what we did.

I took Tuesday to do laundry and get things all put away. Then on Wednesday I packed a lunch and away we went to Wally's Beach. I packed lots of stuff and planned on staying all day. Well we did and the kids had a blast. We got there just after 11am and didn't leave till after 4pm. At this point I was realizing the Cadence was not feeling good. She had been complaining about her ear for awhile and I took her in to the doctors before we went to Kalispell. The doctor was a little shocked at how bad her right ear was. It wasn't a normal infection but swimmers ear infection. So we got drops for her and I did it for 7 days. Anyways the poor girl was kind of miserable so I called and made an appointment for her on Thursday.

The kids playing in the water. We were basically the only ones there for quite a while!

Brianna trying to put the stick into the ground!

DJ and Cadence relaxing in the shade. I was hoping they would both have a nap, but no such luck!

Cute Abbigail!
My MIL met us around 2pm. She had Seth and Jasmine with her. My friend, Carole, and her daughters came and met us around the same time too. So the kids had a blast running around and playing. It was so hot out, so sitting by the water was perfect!

Cadence, Abbi and Jassi having a snack together.

When we came home we brought Seth and Jassi home with us. Shelly came later to show us her new car! She kept telling me that Eric bought her a convertible, and I kept saying, "Oh that's nice." All the while thinking in my head that it was an old junky thing that he needs to fix up! That's all he ever buys, is fixer uppers! Anyways, I was in for a surprise when she pulled up in our driveway. I was literally shocked and speechless! It was a NICE car! She took us for a ride with the top down and I even drove it back. Sweet ride!

DJ going for a ride with Grandma in her cool car. He was so excited to go. Ran up and grabbed her hand and kept saying, "VVRRMMMM" and pointing outside. He wanted to go!

What a sweet car, you deserve Shelly!
On Thursday I took DJ and Cadence to the doctors. Sure enough, Cadence still has swimmers ears. So he told us to keep doing the drops. DJ had an ear infection. We got their medicine then came back home to hurry and pack up the trailer. I hooked onto the trailer and finished loading things up, quickly and pulled it to Cardston. I figured we could camp out at my in laws again. Richard was working in Cardston so it worked out perfectly. Once I got set up we loaded the kids up and took them to Waterton. They played at the spray park and we had a picnic. We were there for about 1 1/2hrs and it started to rain. So we packed up and came back to Cardston. The kids did so good on the way there, but on the way home we had to stop so many times. They were driving us crazy! But we made it!

Brianna, DJ, Cadence, Jasmine, Seth and Abbi in Waterton.

LOVE this picture of Cadence, Brianna and Jasmine! So cute!

Seth and Brianna running through the spray park.

Grandma showing DJ how to spray the gun. He wasn't quite sure about getting wet! But he had fun trying to get others wet!

Cadence running and Brianna smiling at me!
On Friday I got a call from my brother, Brent, saying they were going boating. They wanted us to meet them at Wally's Beach. So we packed up some food and everything and away we went. These 3 days were super hot out. We got there and got set up and the kids started playing. My girls were excited to go for a tube ride. Their cousins were not so sure about the whole thing. It was so nice out. When Tiff and Brent got there we went right out and I slalomed and Brent wakeboarded. It was like glass out. So much fun! We got back and took my girls and Jassi on a tube ride. Then Seth decided he wanted to go. The kids had so much fun taking turns going on rides. DJ, of course, had to be in the boat! His favorite place!

Brianna, Jasmine, Grandma and Cadence going for a tube ride.

Abbi, Grandma and Seth going for a ride.

Jassi thought it was so funny every time Brent would turn. She'd squeal and grab her "handle"!

Cadence looking like a turtle!

Brianna, Jassi, Cadence and Seth all going for a ride together!

There they go. Check out the crazy clouds. We thought it was going to rain on us, but ended up going around!
We took off at about 4pm. We had to get back to get things ready for a BBQ. We got back and gave the kids all a shower and got them clean. Then we had a yummy BBQ. There were some relatives visiting from England. Plus Lisa and Brian came down and we were able to see their new baby, Spencer. So cute! It was fun to eat good food and visit with everyone. Loved that we didn't have to rush home to put kids to bed. We were camped right there. We have used this trailer tonnes this year and it has been so nice!

So that was our fun week. We woke up Saturday and Richard had to go to work. The kids were a little grumpy and fighting, so I just packed up and we came home. It was a fun 3 days with their cousins.

No comments: