Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, October 21, 2011

Thanksgiving!

I decided to skip ahead and do this post and then I'll do a couple of catch up posts. This last weekend was our Thanksgiving weekend. It was great. We ate way too much turkey. Seriously we had it 3 days in a row! But it was delish!

On Saturday we went over to Richard's Aunt Guyla's house in Cardston and had Thanksgiving with them. My kids had a blast there. They got to play with their cousins, Seth and Jasmine, which is always fun! We ate some yummy food and sat around and visited and relaxed. It was a very fun relaxing day, oh and yummy!
This picture makes it look like Cadence pushed Seth off! They loved running and jumping off the deck onto the tramp. It entertained them for hours!

Aunt Guyla is so cool and made all the kids their own cup of dirt and worms to eat! The look on my kids faces were the best! DJ thought it was funny!

Abbi loved her dessert and dug right in!

Cadence ate all her worms and a little bit of the dirt!

Once Brianna realized it was actually pudding with cookie crumbs she loved it. It took a bit of convincing that it wasn't really dirt!

Here is my cute nephew, Spencer. I found Brianna laying on the floor talking away to Spencer. It was so cute. I had to get a picture. He was talking back to her and smiling....so cute!

Of course we had to have a wrestling match. Good thing Uncle David was there to entertain!

They had a blast wrestling with their uncle!

Richard with his 3 cute little girls!

On Sunday we went to church and then headed back up to Cardston a little later. We actually all had a nap and it was so nice! When I say all I mean Richard, DJ and I. The girls entertained themselves, and didn't even make a mess! We had another Thanksgiving Dinner at Grandma Spencer's house. We got there and had family pictures taken first. I think it actually worked out too. The kids did awesome. After pictures, we all ate. Then we cleaned up and sat around and relaxed again. We also had some card games going too. The kids ran around and played. We didn't leave till close to 9pm. I figured since we had naps, I didn't need to hurry. We got home and everyone went to bed. We ALL slept in the next day till 8am, which never happens in our family, so it was nice!

We had a lazy morning on Monday. Got a few things done around the house and got ready to go out to my parents house for Thanksgiving Dinner. So we had 3 in one weekend. I ate way too much, but it sure was yummy. We got out to my parents in the early afternoon. Everyone was there except for David, of course, Shelley and Travis and Steve and Stacey and their family. We sure do miss them. My girls are always asking where their cousins, Shaylee and Mikah are. We ate our fill and then cleaned up. Oh an exciting announcement was made as we were all eating. Brent and Tiff are expecting their 1st baby. So exciting! I believe they are due in April some time. We are so excited for them.
Proof of our lazy morning! Cadence pushing DJ around in the tote. They had fun taking turns pushing each other.

Mary and DJ playing "house" together! These two are so funny together, it always amazes me at how well they play together. They have so much fun!

They kids having fun jumping on the tramp.

DJ teasing Cane and trying to run him over with the car.

It didn't work so DJ got a ball and threw it for Cane. That worked, they played together for quite awhile. It was amusing to watch DJ try to tell Cane to drop the ball!

Afterwards we cleaned up and then kids played outside and us adults took turns skeet shooting. It was so much fun. I suck at it but had fun trying! I think my problem is the 1st time I shot I felt like I lost my hearing. Then my ears were ringing like crazy. I have really sensitive ears. Then Cody said he had ear plugs, so the next time I tried I wore the ear plugs!
Emily posing with the gun!! Good form Em!

The kids had fun either standing back and watching or sitting in the back of the truck watching.

My turn! This time I put on the ear plugs!

Mom taking a turn. We sure had fun shooting!

Cam shooting. He got some too!

Megan got 2 out of 3! Way to go Meg!

Cody was throwing the clay pegions for us!

It was  very fun and relaxing day. This post has seriously taken me FOREVER to do. This week has been so sad here in Magrath. But it's amazing to see how the small town pulls together through such a sad tragedy. Just makes me so thankful for the gospel in our lives. I'm so thankful for my husband and my kids, I love them so much. They mean the world to me.

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

That sounds like a fun family weekend! That is exciting for Brent and Tiff - congratulations. I read about the accident and that is so sad, were all the kids from Magrath? I guess it makes you extra thankful for the blessings in your life when you hear stuff like that. Take care.
Carissa