Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, October 24, 2011

On the Farm!

This was back in the last week of September and first part of October. On a Saturday we decided to drive out to the Magrath Farm. It's only a couple of miles South of Magrath. So away we went. The kids love to walk around and explore everywhere. We got there and the lane was double gated so the cows could go on either side of the lane. So we left the burb and just climbed over the fence.

We walked around and checked the apple trees just to see if we could pick any. But there wasn't any to pick. So then we walked down to the creek. The kids like to throw rocks or sticks in the water. We were standing there and I spotted a big frog. Probably the size of the palm of my hand. So I hurried and picked it up while the kids watched me with wide eyes. I couldn't hold onto it though, it was too strong and slippery. So we watched it swim in the water.

My little explorers each found a walking stick! DJ wanted Cadence to dress in his clothes, he even picked them out for her, so that's why she has his clothes on!
We headed back to the burb and noticed ALL the cows were surrounding it. Well that got my kids all excited. DJ kept saying the cows were the eating the "vrrmmmmm". It was kind of funny. Cadence was ready to freak out, but I talked her out of it. We walked up there and I was trying to shoo the cows away. I think they were hungry and thought we were bringing food, because they didn't want to move. I finally got them moving and my kids ran to the burb and jumped in. Abbi and Brianna were laughing, while the other two were just focused to get into the vehicle, then they laughed!

There's our burb surrounded by all the cattle!

On the way home DJ kept going down and talking to Macy, it was so cute!
In the afternoon we drove out to our friends house, the Tidmarsh's. They invited us to come out and see their two week old puppies and then to have the kids ride a horse. So away we went. We got there and Cadence was clinging to me, because she didn't want any dogs or puppies touch her. We finally got her to pet a puppy and she loved it. But there was no way she was going to hold one. DJ took some time to warm up to them too, but then we couldn't keep him away from the puppies. He was so funny. He kept trying to stick them in the dog house, but they were getting out just as fast as he was putting them in. Of course, Abbi and Brianna were in love with the puppies. They were ready to bring one or two home. It was cute.

Brianna LOVED these cute little puppies. She would go to each one and hold them and talk to them like they were babies, so, so cute!

DJ wasn't too sure but then he wouldn't stop picking the puppies up!

This is the only way Cadence would hold a puppy, with her dad. But she did have fun.

Abbi absolutely loved the puppies too. She keeps bugging me for a puppy!

All the kids watching the puppies right by their dog house.

Brianna and DJ were trying really hard to put all he puppies back into the dog house. He'd run them to her and she'd stick them in. It was hilarious to watch because the puppies came out as fast as they put them in. But they did this for about 10 mins!
It was so HOT that day. I think it hit 34 degrees, which is not normal on a late September day. They got a horse out and had the kids ride it bare back. Brianna got right on and didn't want to get off. She loves horses and isn't afraid at all. The others were not too keen about the idea. Abbi was mad and kept saying, "Mom I want that THING on the horse to sit on." She wanted a saddle, but it was way too hot out. So they just had a quick ride and we went and chilled in our basement. DJ was not too thrilled about the whole horse thing. All morning he told me he was a "YEEHAA", which means a cowboy. It was so funny.  So that was our little adventure!
Brianna riding bareback. She wasn't scared at all!

DJ wasn't having any of this, I took him right down!

Cutest picture ever! My 3 girls on the horse.

There now you can see the whole horse. Kendra led them around a little bit.

We tried to get DJ on, but no! Oh well!
On Sunday the girls got to wear their new dresses I bought for them in the summer time. I got some pictures but Cadence refused to come in the pictures. So that's why she's not in them.

Brianna and Abbi in their new dresses. I thought that they were adorable! DJ ready for church and taking his bag with 5 cars in it to play with!
I've been taking a lot of pictures of everything lately for DJ's speech book. I've put a book together with pictures of buildings and stores we always go to. Also with pictures of different vehicles, people he loves, and just some of his stuff, like his bed, blanket, favorite movies etc. We've been seeing a huge improvement on DJ trying to say words, he wouldn't even try before. We'll some times flip through the book and he can tell me what he wants. It eliminates tantrums, which is great. Anyways we went with my dad one morning after we dropped the girls off at school. DJ thought it was great to go in papa's big truck!

DJ sitting in papa's truck.

This is the picture of papa's truck that I put in his speech book. Every big truck he sees he tells me that it's papa's vvvrrrmmmm. We're trying to get him to say truck!

Loved this picture of DJ with his papa Paxman! So cute!
Oh one more thing that we've been up to. I put my girls in Kinderdance, which is kind of like ballet. They all love it.  This started the first week in October. So here they are in their outfits!

My cute little dancers!

DJ had to start copying his sisters.

No comments: