Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Going Ons!

The Sunday after I got home from Black Friday I took the kids to church on my own. I believe I mentioned this in my last post. We went out to my mom and dads for dinner after church. We got out there and the wind came up like crazy. It was SO WINDY out. It just got windier and windier (if that's a word!)! Anyways, we were all sitting on the couches talking when Cody all of the sudden yelled, "Look at all the bales rolling." We jumped up and looked out the window and sure enough a field of round bales were rolling away. It looked crazy. It was so windy! We had noticed earlier that there was smoke in the distance. When the sun went down we could see the flames in the dark. There was a huge grass fire on the ridge. It was very deceiving though, because it looked like it was just on the other side of Temple Hill. We could see the flames. We then saw the Lethbridge fire out the back windows of my parents house. Driving home Cadence was very worried about all these fires that she could see. We heard later that the wind blew semis over and off the road all down Highway 2. It was pretty crazy.
Not the best picture but this is from my parents front yard and the Ridge is probably 25 miles away.

DJ is a busy little boy, always! He loves to figure things out and then show me. One night after I told him to go get is jammies on he came running into the kitchen yelling, "Mum, mum,". I looked over and he had put his shirt on like pants and his pants on his head. Then he kept calling himself a puppy. It was hilarious. He did it all on his own!
My crazy boy dressed in his jammies, his way!

The first Thursday in Dec was Magrath's Hometown Christmas. Last year it was freezing cold out, so it was nice this year that we didn't have to totally bundle up. We took the kids and we met up with Theron and Renae and their two boys. First we went and saw Santa. This is the first year that none of my kids have screamed or cried with Santa. I got the cutest picture of all of them with Santa. Love it! We then went and checked out a couple more stores and the kids got to go ice fishing and got a prize. They had a lot of fun!
Best picture ever with all my kids and Santa! So cute!

My 3 girls lined up to go ice fishing!

Loved this picture of DJ and Keaton. So dang cute! Those 2 boys are crazy together, they have lots of fun!


On Saturday, Dec 4th, we finally got our tree and all our Christmas decorations out and we decorated our house. The kids were so excited. Richard even got on the roof and put lights on. The weather cooperated with us and it wasn't freezing cold out or windy. It's so fun to see how excited the kids get over Christmas. I even bought a train to go around our Christmas Tree. That was a huge hit. We didn't set that up till last Sunday.
A week before hand the kids painted some decorations I got from Costco. It was a huge hit and they all had fun painting!

Decorating the tree!

Abbi was trying to reach the higher branches.

My four crazy kids in front of the tree! They loved helping me get everything out for Christmas!

I've been driving school bus lately. I sub for anyone who's sick or took some days off. I've subbed in Raymond and Magrath. So that's been busy for me. The kids love coming for a ride on the bus. They are so good with it too. They usually sit there and watch all the kids. It's nice to make some extra money, especially at Christmas time!

The kids got their Christmas outfits on for the last couple of Sundays. The girls dresses from last year still fit them good and they look so cute in them. I got DJ the cutest outfit that actually matches the girls perfectly! He loves his new tie and vest. He always says he looks like daddy!
Don't my 4 kids look so cute?! Love that DJ matches his sisters!

I took a lot of pictures and these were the best two. DJ thought it was funny to stick his tongue out in most of them!

Richard and I ready for church too. We never have our pictures taken together, so Abbi kindly offered to take our picture. She did a pretty good job.
Everyone was so excited to see the train going round and round!

Abbi and Brianna watching the train. I've even caught Richard in the livingroom by himself playing with the train! So funny!

I've felt like the weeks are flying by. I've been busy doing a lot of different things and trying to keep my family healthy. The kids were taking turns getting sick. Cadence has gotten the worst of it all. She had strep throat and had to take the grossest medicine ever. Then she was crying about going bathroom. She didn't want to go to school. She'd scream and cry saying her tummy hurt. This went on for 1 week when I finally clued in to what it was. The poor girl had a bladder infection. She's finally over that. I felt so bad.


Tiffani and Emily were the designated chocolate dippers!

I was the designated roller! I was covered in cornstarch, and that's why my hand is like that so I don't get it everywhere!

We were hard at work. I'm sad I didn't get a picture of Mom or Megan who were our designated chocolate melter's! We all worked so well together! It was fun!

Here's Mary, Brianna, Ali and Cadence playing outside.

Things did get a little crazy, but at least they stayed down in the tv room, racing around and practicing their gymnastic moves!

Part of our finished product. Yummy chocolates!

The rest of the chocolates. Yum, yum, yum!
So that catches us up to now. It was kind of a quick readers digest version of the last couple of weeks. We've been super busy but having fun too! Only one week left of school before Christmas! Yeah!

No comments: