Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Oh My Kids!

Lately all my kids have been cracking me up with the things they come up with. I thought I'd write down the ones I can remember.

Abbi:
This little girl has been full of questions lately and she'll sit there and think things over and come talk to me. Anyways I was getting ready to go on a date with Richard. Abbi was in the bathtub in my bathroom and I was doing my hair and make-up. This is how the conversation went:
Abbi - What do you and Daddy do on a date?
Me - We go out to eat, and talk and sometimes shop.
Abbi - Do you kiss Daddy (with a really funny look on her face)?
Me - Yes we kiss.
Abbi - OH THAT IS DISGUSTING!
Silence while she is laying in the bath thinking.
Abbi - When I get married will I kiss? (It's working....me pounding in their heads that they don't kiss till they are married.....we'll see how long that lasts!! ha ha)
Me - Yes you will Abbi.
Abbi - OH THAT IS SO SO DISGUSTING!!
It was a funny conversation that made me laugh! The whole time we'd been talking I was doing my hair. I was trying something new and flipping my hair out. I was turning around and looking in the mirror and fixing the back of my hair. Abbi then looked at me and said, "Oh mom you look so cute, just like a little girl." I was like, "Oh I don't know if I want to look like a little girl." Then she looked at me and tilted her head and said, "Well mom that's the only thing I know how to say that you look cute and like a little girl." Oh that girl just cracks me up!
Abbi wearing my ski goggles and eating her grape float for FHE treat!

Brianna:
Lately Brianna has been surprising me and actually trying different foods. She's the pickiest eater EVER. She only eats certain things. But I've been asking her to try at least one bite of everything. Most of the time she throws a little stink and gets all grumpy. I then say, "Brianna you used to eat apples (or pickles, meat etc) all the time." She looks at me funny and says, "I did." Then she takes a bite and gets a huge smile on her face and say, "Oh mom this is so deeelicious." "I think it is deeelicious, I try a new thing. That's good, right mom?!" Oh she is a picky girl but I love her to bits!
Funny Brianna wearing the goggles!

Cadence:
Cadence is always saying something that cracks me up. My favorite is when she is trying to tell me something but is laughing too hard. It always makes me laugh so hard, which makes her laugh harder. It's so funny! So the other day I was getting ready for the day and she walks into my bathroom and says to me, with her hand on her hip and her head flung back, "Mom do I look walkie?" I asked her to repeat it, thinking I heard her wrong, but she said, "Mom do I look walkie?" When I asked her what walkie means she said, "You know walkie, so I can go rockie and rollie." Oh my, it was so funny. She got all dressed up and they were having a dance party down stairs. So now she'll ask me randomly if she looks "walkie" and she'll start laughing! She's so funny!
Everyone refused to wear the goggles until Cadence put them on and laughed and did her big smile. Then everyone else wanted to wear them! Funny Cadence!

DJ:
DJ has been going to speech every week. It's been amazing at all that he is starting to say. He gets so excited when he says something new too. We are starting to put two words together for him. He practised and practised so he could say single words. I don't know if I mentioned before but he has appraxia, which means he has a hard time with making specific sounds. Then he has a hard time switching from one sound to another, for example his name DJ is 2 sounds and he can make both sounds by themselves but has a hard time putting them together. He's been doing so good. He'll surprise me sometimes and just say a word that he's never said. I took him to a western store in Cutbank last week. We were looking for something and he found a stick horse and was riding around the store. All of the sudden he stopped and pointed up at the ceiling where there were ropes hanging everywhere and he yelled, "Mom rope." He so wanted a rope. Then he found a belt with a horse buckle and he wanted that. Then he kept yelling, "boop (meaning boots) boops mom." I put a cowboy hat on and he was one happy little boy. He kept calling himself a "yeehaw". He was not a happy camper when I had to drag him out of there. He was crying wanting his hat and horse. So sad. I needed one more gift for him from Santa, so my mom kept him occupied while I ran back in and bought him the stick horse. They even wrapped it for me, so I could hide it from DJ. What a cute kid. The other night he brought his up his big car and turned it upside down in our room. Then he ran and got all his tools and he spent a long time in our room "working" on his car. He was very serious and was checking the wheels then fixing them. It was so so so cute!
DJ wasn't very impressed with the goggles but he put them on!


They are all getting so excited for Christmas. We've done some fun FHE activities to help remind us the real meaning of Christmas. They've helped me make some goodies and put them together for friends and neighbours. We went a delivered most of them last night for FHE. I was smart this year and put the cookies and chocolates in a cute little box. That way we didn't have a repeat of last year when Cadence accidently dropped the whole plate of cookies on the floor in front of the person we were giving them too! No this year my girls fought over who was carrying a box of goodies out of someones house and ended up dropping the whole thing on the floor and everything fell out. Sheesh, something always happens!

Last weekend I took the kids into Cardston and we played at Richard's parents place. I took 2 kids at a time and they found a present for their siblings. They drew out names and I helped them pick something out. I brought 2 back with their gifts and their grandma Spencer took them downstairs and helped them wrap the presents. They were in heaven, and had fun picking out the "perfect" present for their sibling. So cute! It was nice out too and they went out and made a snowman with their cousins. It was a fun Saturday. Richard was working at home taking out our furnace upstairs and replacing it with a wall heater downstairs. So nice! He also ripped out the walls and doors at the top of the stairs so it opens up the upstairs to the downstairs. I'll post a picture so it makes sense. It's not all finished yet, but it sure is going to nice when it's all done!
Where the hole is in the floor that was where the furnace was with walls surrounding it.

Now instead of a walls and a door at the top of the stairs it's big and open. Still have to mud and tape and paint and match the floor, but I'm so excited!

No comments: