Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Lost My Marbles!

I was seriously wondering if I lost it last week as I was standing in line at Walmart during Black Friday! Yup, I went and did it this year. I talked my sister, Megan and SIL, Emily into coming with me. Suckers!! Ha ha, no we had a lot of fun. Richard stayed home with the kiddos and we headed out to Kalispell, MT on Thursday afternoon. I had booked a hotel on priceline about a month ago. I was pretty excited and had done my homework and my lists were made. My goal was to start and finish my Christmas shopping.

We got into Kalispell around 7pm. We totally forgot that it was American Thanksgiving, thus no restaurants open. Not even fast food ones. Crazy! We were getting a little desperate and looking everywhere. Luckily we found the one and only restaurant open, Burger King. Yeah, we got to eat! Then we checked into our hotel, The Laquinta. I changed into my comfy yoga pants, because I was ready to do some running!! ha ha!

We then headed out to Walgreens. I had a few items on my list there and it wasn't crazy there, so that's a bonus! We were feeling pretty good and excited to go shopping as we drove to Walmart. By this time it was 9pm and the Black Friday specials didn't start till 10pm. So we were thinking we had plenty of time. We pulled into the parking lot and we were shocked. It was packed. I parked and we got into the store and we all got a shopping cart. It was CRAZY in that store. Someone told me to bring walkie talkies so we could keep in contact with each other. We tried to borrow some but couldn't find any, so I went and bought a pair before we left. Ssshhhh, it's one of Richard's Christmas presents! ha ha! Good thing he doesn't read this thing very often! Anyways, I went and stood in line in the Garden Center for the bikes I wanted to get. Megan and Emily walked around Walmart to try and figure out where things would be. All the Black Friday items were in the middle of the isles and wrapped in heavy black plastic.

Well when 10pm came around I stayed in line, hoping I would get my bikes. I would see people come in with an item in their basket that I wanted. So I'd run over and ask where they got it then I'd page Megan and tell her. Megan and Emily got everything on my list as I waited in line! They were awesome. I saw a friend about 10 spots ahead of me and ran up and asked her to get two girl bikes. She was the next one in and got my bikes. YEAH! We came out of the garden center and came to a halt. You couldn't move. Megan  paged me and told me they were in line at the opposite side of the store. So I thanked Olivia and slowly started making my way over. I made it and got in line with Megan and Emily. We didn't have to wait very long. We got through and got out of there. I was so happy with everything I got. There was no way I would of gotten anything without Megan and Emily. Thanks guys!

We then headed over to Target, where there was a long line up. We got in line at about 11:30pm and waited till midnight. We got in the store really fast. We had decided to go separate ways and get certain things. This time we didn't take a cart, we thought we were being smart! I ran and started grabbing my items. I got to the toy section and grabbed 2 Disney Princess dolls with the matching dress. They were the same one, but last ones sitting there. By this time my arms were loaded. I started hurrying down the aisles looking for one more doll. I found them on the bottom shelf. I grabbed one, and then decided to switch one of the same dolls for Belle. I was straining to grab Belle, and a lady came up and offered her help. I explained which one I wanted and she picked it up to put it on my pile in my arms. She stood there and looked at it then looked at me and said, "I think I'll just keep this." , and then walked away. I was shocked. By then there were no more dolls left. So I went away happy I got 3 dolls. We had a really good laugh about it later. Emily also missed out on her big item. So we paid and left.

We then ended up at Shopko and got stuff on my list there. By this time we were slowly shutting down! The line up was insane. We took turns standing in line while the other two either sat somewhere or shopped. We finally got out of there just after 3:30am. We were beat. We decided to go back to the hotel and sleep. So that's what we did. My feet hurt so bad that they were throbbing as I laid there! Of course all I dreamed about was shopping and I kept dreaming that we went back to Target and I got the Belle doll and Emily got her item. So when we got up in the morning I told them that and we all laughed, and decided we'd go back to Target.

First we had a yummy breakfast and then went to the mall. I felt like the walking dead. I even had a few people tell me I looked really tired! Thanks! ha ha, I probably looked terrible. Oh well. After the mall we headed back to Target. I wanted to get some clothing items that I didn't even bother to look at the night before. First I went straight to the toy aisle and guess what I found. One disney princess doll left, Belle! Funny eh?! So I got the Belle doll anyways! Oh and Emily got her item, there were two on the shelf. Good thing I listened to my dream! ha ha! We then stopped at Walmart and I ran in to get a few things I missed, and I got them. Then we went back to the hotel to take a much needed nap.

It was a very fun trip, if not a little crazy! I'm so glad we went. I am basically done my Christmas shopping. YEAH! We were adding up our receipts and I was a little bit afraid of what my total was going to be. But I had to keep telling myself that it was all of Christmas and the girls (3 of them) birthday presents. Man, things just add up! We came home and had to shuffle through the burb and figure out what was whos! We were packed to the ceiling. I'm kicking myself for not taking any pictures. After my kids went to bed I had to go to work and hide all the gifts! Mission accomplished!

I have the best husband ever! He watched the kids all weekend and I came home to a very clean house. So impressed. Half my kids were sick when I left them too. But I came home and they were all happy! Thanks honey!

I took the kids to church by myself on Sunday because Richard ended up sick. Sacrament meeting was a little bit crazy but we made it through. DJ ran and sat on a bench by himself right during sacrament. I left him, because he was sitting so good and even took the water by himself. Later he was beside me and I was dealing with one of the girls. I turned back around and he had straddled the back of the bench and was riding it like a horse. I was trying to pull him off and he hooked his feet on the bench. Little stinker!

So that was my crazy, insane, and FUN weekend! Not sure if I'll do it next year, but we'll see!

1 comment:

Jay&Nic said...

You BRAVE ladies you! I couldn't do it...just thinking about it stresses me out haha. Good job! Glad you were able to get all the stuff you wanted!