Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, March 19, 2012

David Is Home!!

Last Wednesday on March 7, David came home from his mission. To say that my kids were excited is an understatement. The girls were so excited. They woke up Wednesday morning so excited. When I told them to get ready for school all their faces fell! It was so funny! They thought they were skipping school. I explained to them that he wasn't flying in until after supper time.

We took off for Calgary around 3pm. Richard got off work early and came too. We got to Cody and Em's house just in time for supper. Yeah! We all ate and the kids ran around like crazy and had fun. Mom checked the Internet for his flight number. They kept pushing it back. It was suppose to land at 8pm. But got pushed back to 9:15pm. We got to the airport around 8:45pm. The kids were so excited and they were all running around like crazy. We let them explore and check different things out. They were a LITTLE crazy!! We got a few looks. Especially when Cody and I were watching all our kids. Someone asked us if they were all ours!! Ha ha!! I guess it would look crazy, six kids 6 and under. Too fun!
So here is DJ, Brianna, Mary, Ali, Cadence and Abbi by the horses in the airport!

I thought this picture was hilarious, because Mary was trying to put her arm around DJ like the older girls were doing and DJ was having nothing to do with it!! He is definitely out numbered!!

Aunt Emily gave everyone a penny to throw into the fountain. They all thought that it was the greatest thing ever!

Abbi and Brianna showing us their climbing skills!

Cadence climbed to the top and was showing me how she can balance!

DJ climbed up too but wasn't too sure about standing there, but he did it!

We got all the kids rounded up and sat them on the ledge in front of the doors that David would be coming out. They all sat up their and were all holding or helping to hold signs. Again, they got lots of looks and lots of people saying hi to them. The girls would yell, "Oh there's a missionary (any random guy in a suite), oh that's not uncle David!" It was pretty funny. But then David came walking through the doors. It was so fun to see him again.
Cute kids all ready for their Uncle David to come home!

Here's my four kids with the sign that they colored all by themselves! They did a great job!

All the kids ran up to hug him and say hi. Then we all got a turn to give him a big hug. It was exciting to see David. He still David, but looks older! We always teased him that he looked like a 16 year old when he left on him mission. But he definitely looks his age now! ha ha!
Elder Paxman made it home! The four girls wanted to be right there beside him!

We had to get a brother picture. So there's (l-r) Brent, Cody, David and Cam!

It was fun to visit and see him. Even though we weren't at the airport that long once he got there. It was cold outside, with the wind, so Brent and Richard ran and got the vehicles. Then we gave him another hug goodbye and got our family into the suburban. By this time it was 10pm. Way pass everyones bed time. So as Richard is slowly getting out of the airport parking lot, I was in the back getting all the kids into their jammies. Then I got them in their seat belts and made each of them a comfy bed to lean up against, so they could go to sleep. Luckily it didn't take them very long to all fall asleep. I fell asleep too, I was exhausted! Once we got to Claresholm, we all stopped and then I drove the rest of the way home. We got home just before 1am. It was a late night, but well worth it!

I had decided the day before that I wouldn't wake up my girls for school. I would take them once they woke up by themselves. I already talked to their teachers so they knew. They all woke up around 8:30am. By the time I got them to the school it was around 9:15am. Oh I should say I got to the school and got everyone out and Cadence was like, "Where's my back pack." So we all got back in and went and got it. It had her snack in it, so she needed it. I walked them in and realized it was Thursday and they needed to take their library books back. So me and DJ ran home to get their books. I was looking everywhere and finally found them under the bunk beds. I slithered on my tummy all the way to the back to get them. I was pushing myself back and went to stand up and whacked my head so hard, I saw stars! I wasn't quite out yet. Ouch! What I don't do for my kids! So we then ran the books back to the school. Then DJ and I went to Parent Pre

Wow, I kind of went off there. Anyways Thursday afternoon we went over to my parents and visited with David for a bit. It sure is fun to have him home. The girls love it! That night as they were saying prayers one of them blessed Uncle David on his mission and the other girls giggled about it! It was very cute! WELCOME HOME DAVID!!!

No comments: