Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What's Up With My Kids!!

I always love to record some of the things my kids have been up too and saying. Sometimes they just crack me up the things they come up with! A couple of weeks ago we were eating and talking about Uncle David coming home from his mission. The girls were all excited and were talking at once. Richard then said, "I bet you guys don't even remember what Uncle David looks like." Well Brianna looked right at her dad and said, " I remember dad, he's black and white with a tag on." Richard then replied, "No I mean his face." Brianna said right back, "Well it's skin color dad." It was hilarious! So funny, what made it even funnier was she was totally serious!

After church one Sunday we were all sitting down eating dinner. DJ was being very grumpy and didn't want his sister sitting beside him. So he pushed his chair as far away from Brianna as possible. Then he decided it wasn't far enough, so he got up and it looked like he was going to spit on her. Richard was quick and put his hand out so DJ walked right into Richard's hand. Well that made DJ so mad. I told DJ that we don't spit. He plopped down on his chair with his arms folded and his famous mad face, with his lip sticking out. He was huffing away too. He looked over and me and glared and then looked over to his dad and glared and looked back at me. Then he sat there and stuck his tongue out just a tiny bit and blew a raspberry and then looked at me again. I seriously had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't laugh. It was so funny. I put him in time out, just to follow through with what we said, but oh was he mad. It was pretty funny! Crazy boy, pushing the limits already! He was just grumpy and tired and probably hungry too, but refusing to eat! Sheesh, love Sunday evenings! We always have to fight to keep him awake so he goes to bed at a decent time!

DJ is getting better and better at using his words and talking to us. I was doing Abbi's hair at the table while she was eating breakfast one morning (we were late for school). DJ looked at her and started laughing and pointed at Abbi and said, "Abbi a horse! Abbi funny (sounds like he says bunny though)!" We all laughed it was so funny. I was doing Abbi's hair in two pig tails. Another funny thing about DJ is lately whenever anything is dirty, like his pants, coat or blankets he blames it on Macy. He'll look at the thing that is dirty and tell me, "Yuck, Mace poop!" Everything is Macy's poop! It makes me laugh!

Abbi came running to me one day laughing. She told me that they were watching a cooking show with dad on the computer, when Cadence said, "That man looks like our tutor." Then Abbi said, really loud, "It crapped dad up!" Ha ha ha ha! So funny. She meant to say cracked. Too funny. We were having FHE one Monday night and Richard asked the kids what charity is. Abbi replied, "They are grapes." When Richard said no, she replied, "Oh it is a chair." Ha ha ha. She cracks me up! Hopefully they know what charity is now.

Cadence has been working on her S sound at school for speech. So she has been kind of obsessed with snakes. Because they call the S sound the snake sound. I hear her playing and she always is making her snake sound and saying a snake is going to get them (her sisters). I didn't pay any attention to it till she woke up at 2:30am one morning freaking out that the snakes were getting her. She was terrified. I had her lay between Richard and I and all of the sudden she was almost sitting on my head with her legs pulled up to her chest and she was swiping my bed with her hand. I looked at her and asked what was wrong. She had a terrified look on her face and she kept saying there's snakes everywhere. The poor girl was dreaming that everything was snakes. My hair touched her face and it freaked her out. We tried everything to get her to snap out of it but nothing was working. Richard gave her a blessing which helped calm her down and she finally went back to sleep. By then it was 4am. I layed backed down when I heard stomping feet coming down the hallway. It was DJ. Anyways I tucked him back in bed and layed down with him and we both must of zonked because the next thing I remember is waking up in his bed and it was 8:15am. Oooppps!! Everyone was still sleeping and we were suppose to be out the door by 8:25am for school. Well that wasn't happening. I swear this daylight savings is killing us! We had the hardest time getting to school on time this past week! Oh well. I called and excused the girls. It was a Friday anyways, which they only go for 2hrs. So that was our exciting thing with Cadence. I still hear her talking about snakes and have to remind her that they aren't real. She has a hard time winding down at night and going to sleep. Her brain just keeps her thinking of everything. Poor girl. Hopefully it will get better.

Well there are a few random things that my kids have been up too. I like writing things down, because it's fun to come back and read them and remember.

No comments: