Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Moonlight Run 2012!

So I decided to try the Moonlight run again. If you remember last time I did it was in 2009, after I had DJ. I didn't run, but walked the whole thing. This time I was determined to run it, or I should say jog it! Renee agreed to do it with me. We have been working out together twice a week. We go to zumba on Tues and Thurs and MAN is it a good work out. We dance our butts off for an hour. So much fun, but a really good work out too! I love my zumba days!! ha ha!

I didn't prepare for the run at all, not counting my zumba workouts! So Saturday came along and I was ready to go. Renee and Theron came and picked me up. Theron had decided to do it with us too! We got there and got ready to go. It was so packed, so many people. I was supposed to find my sister, Shelley there. But I looked around and had no clue how to even start. Then all of the sudden some one hit me on my back, and there was Shelley! It was fun to see her. When we started she was in front of us. We tried to squeeze our way up beside her but it was so crowded. I didn't see it at all the rest of the run. But later she told me she saw me a few times.
Me, Renee and Theron ready to go run our race!

Oh yeah we are ready to do this!! ha ha!

Anyways, the gun went off and away we went. It was so packed that it took a minute for us to be able to start running. Then we were off. I had went through my MP3 player and cleaned it up. Got rid of a bunch of songs, and added some more good ones. So I had that going. Renee and I decided to stick together. Theron went ahead of us at first, but we passed him later on. We had a good pace going and just kept it up. I was shocked at how much fun I was having! We grabbed some water and had a quick drink and then kept going. We got to the BIG hill and the song, "Breaking Dishes", came on. If you do zumba you know what that means. It's an awesome song that we do a major arm work out. So it was perfect timing with the hill. I was determined to run up the hill. Away I went. I assumed that Renee was right beside me. But when I looked it wasn't her. I turned around and she was way back, waving me on. So I kept on going. I stopped once to tie up my shoe, but then kept slowing running up the hill. That's the only part of the 6kms that about killed me. But I made it to the top and there was my mom and dad standing there cheering! That gave me the extra boost I needed and I took off running to the end. I sprinted and passed like 10 people!! It was a great run! I ran it in 45mins and 55seconds. I was pretty proud of that time.

It was a lot of fun! I guess I came in about a minute or two after Shelley. I walked back towards where I saw mom and dad and ran into Shelley. We walked back to them together. I felt like I was on such a high after finishing the race! It was a great feeling. Oh yeah, and we couldn't of asked for better weather. It was so nice out. Just a little chilly but not bad and the crazy wind we had earlier that day had died down. So it was perfect!

We've decided to do another race soon. We are looking at the different ones coming up and we'll decide which on we will do. I am excited. It makes me realize that these zumba workouts are really working. So I will keep it up!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Way to go Janae! That is awesome! (if you see Shelley anytime soon tell her good job from me too.)
Carissa