Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, September 21, 2012

Summer Fun Here And There!

When we got back from the trailer I decided to still keep the fun rolling. So we did a lot of little things here and there! The first is we met our friend, Tiffany Seely, with her kids at the Coaldale Tot Lot. I packed up some lunch and we picked up a friend, Mia, and away we went to Coaldale.

We got there and the kids had a blast running through the spray park. Then they'd run over to the wading pool. It was perfect. The weather was hot, but we found some shade to sit in. There was this water station by the pool that all the kids loved to play with. We played for a bit then sat down and everyone ate some lunch. Then the kids were off again. I had fun chatting with Tiffany and her sister. It was a good afternoon. That is until Mia, the girl that came with us, got stung by a wasp. It was right above her eye too. The poor thing just started screaming. I was holding her and trying to calm her down. There were a lot of wasps flying everywhere. It kept freaking her out. I ran her to the pharmacy (her eye was really swelling up) and got some Benadryl. After a quick phone call to her dad, we went ahead and gave her some. It took the swelling right down. But she wasn't even interested in playing anymore. Which I really don't blame her at all. So we packed up and headed home. She slept on the way home. She woke up just before we got to Magrath. I was taking her home, but she wanted to come play out our house. Which was fine by me! So she did. They were running outside when these huge clouds came in and we got a really bad storm. So we came inside, while it poured buckets. We really got a lot of freak storms this summer.
All the girls sitting on the flower sprinklers!

DJ loved playing in this wading pool.

The cool water tables that the kids had a blast at!

This summer we planted a garden in the spring time. I don't know why I did. We weren't here enough to really take good care of it. The only things that really grew were the peas, zucchini and carrots. The kids were in heaven though. They loved it. I'd catch them out there pulling some carrots, cleaning them and eating them! We picked the peas one day and they all helped me shell them, then they all ate the peas! I'll know to plant more peas next year, that was a huge hit. We've gotten a lot of zucchini and I've loved cooking and baking with them. So yummy! Even though it wasn't a huge success, we still loved eating some fresh veggies from the garden.
Richard on his new motorbike. He decided to go for a little drive in his jammies!!

I thought it was cute that Cadence and Abbi set up their little beach! They were even putting sand on the grass, till I put a stop to that! They had fun swimming and then relaxing in the chairs. Funny thing is I came out and they were both sitting in their chairs with a book. They looked at me and said, "Look mom, were just like you." Ha ha!

Our big yard of nice soft grass. DJ rolling around in it!

They were so excited to pick a carrot! Too funny!

We went to the park alot this summer too. The kids favorite park is the "tire park" at Echo Lake. DJ would ask me to go to the "tire park", even when were at home. He'd be so sad when I told him we can't. But I'd take him to the school park. One morning we met up with Renee, Keaton and Lincoln. I walked with her and the kids all rode their bikes. DJ needed some practice on his own bike! We rode over to the school play ground. But the kids were more interested in playing on the ramps at the skate board park. So that's what we did. Then we rode our bikes to Roosters and got everyone a treat. They all had a juice box and Popsicle. It was a fun morning!
Love this picture of the trail of kids crossing the crosswalk with their bikes. Notice they are all off their bikes and pushing them across! I must of pounded it into their heads enough times!

Playing at the skate board park. Brianna was helping Keaton and DJ up, it was so cute!

Cute Lincoln in the swing! Love his smile!

Our group of kids ready to go!

On the way to the store we ran into Richard! So the kids all stood there to say hi to their dad!

Sitting in front of Rooster's and eating their Popsicles and drinking their juice! It was a fun morning!

The kids loved jumping on the tramp with the sprinkler under neath it this summer. It was so nice that we could actually do that this year and not worry about making a big mud hole! I love having our grass in the whole yard. We went through all our clothes and toys this week too. I was able to sell a lot of things on Facebook. I told the kids that I'd save the money we earned and go to the zoo or something fun like that. They loved that idea. So they were all big helpers. I feel like DJ has exploded with words this summer. He is talking so much now and we can understand most of what he says. Some of the things he says is so funny sometimes! One morning he was being all sad because Brianna wouldn't play cars with him. Brianna was cuddling on the couch and DJ came and sat beside me with his arms folded and lips sticking out (his pouty face!). I asked him what was wrong and this is what he said, "Me wove (love) my nana, but nana (Brianna) no wove me." He said it so sad, that it was kind of comical. Cadence thought it was hilarious. Brianna jumped up and told him she's ready to play. Then he was all happy. It was super cute! I love hearing my little boy say, "Mom me want ____" That's his favorite saying, he wants something! He also loves to say, "Me wove blue (etc)." Any sentence with me love. So fun to hear him experiment with words. Yeah!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Sounds like you guys had an awesome summer! I love the pics of you guys boating. I can't believe Abbi - what a little pro! That is amazing that she can knee board and that she and Cadence will use the ezee ski. That looks like so much fun. I showed my boys the pictures of your girls on the tube and they decided that your tube looks like fun (I took them on a regular tube this summer and we submarined and they freaked out and didn't want to go again - pictures coming soon, I'm trying to get caught up). And you look like you are having a blast sloloming - makes me wish I would have tried that this summer. It was great to see you and your family at the dinner, I'm glad we came up for it! How are your girls liking school?
Carissa