Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Last Camping Trip and Labour Day!

This would be the last week in August. I decided to take off again, after church on Sunday and head down to the trailer. Richard was going to come down later in the week, and then we were going to come home that long weekend. Well it didn't turn out that way, but that's what we had planned!

I got there Sunday night and we got unpacked and I got the kids to bed ok. They travelled really good. No mishaps, so that's always a plus! Woke up Monday morning and it was an off day for everyone. Not sure what was going on, but I had crying and screaming kids ALL morning long. Drive me INSANE! We had to get groceries, so I packed them up and we hurried into the grocery store in Kalispel. I had to get a few other things there too. But I did it fast. I had crying kids already because they wanted a toy or a treat and I said no. They don't need one every time we go shopping. Well that didn't sit well with Cadence and she screamed and cried through the whole grocery store. I had lots of looks, but I just keep pushing the cart and quickly throwing in the food that I needed. We were out of there quick. Thank goodness. Sheesh!

Got back to the trailer and made a quick lunch. I texted Richard and told him I was ready to pack the kids up and come home. I really was. It was no bluff. They were driving me insane and nobody was happy. He texted back and said he could come that night. I said ok. So I survived through the rest of the day. We decided to go to the causeway, because we've always had fun there. Away we went. We got there and we were basically the only ones there. The kids had fun swimming and exploring, looking for fish or frogs. It was a good time. We were there for a couple of hours and they were basically happy. So that was good. We came back and had supper and I gave them all a shower. Then put them to bed. They were all tired. Richard pulled in around 9:30pm that night. So happy to see him!
Abbi and Brianna would hunt around all afternoon looking for anything living!

The mountains had this smoky look to them. Loved it! Brianna so cute in her swim suit!

Cadence relaxing in my chair eating some yummy cashews!

DJ showing me his strong muscles! Love that he is wearing one of the girls' necklace!! Ha ha!

Brianna and I. Love pictures of the lake, so pretty.

Me and DJ! He wouldn't look at the camera! Oh well!

Tuesday we woke up and it was freezing! The furnace had turned on in the night. Brrrrr it was cold. We could tell that summer was coming to an end. We had a few things to do.....like fixing the fan blower in the suburban. I forgot to mention that it only worked on high all the way there. Drive me crazy. I was either freezing or too hot. It wasn't too fun. So my handy husband got that all fixed up. We took the kids to the playground and they played forever there! They love the "tire" playground. It was a good way to burn the morning. By the time we went back to the trailer it was almost lunch time and it was hot out! Yeah!

After lunch I believe we just went down and swam off the dock. The kids love to swim. We also went to the cause way and swam there too. My kids loved it there. We didn't do anything too exciting at all. Then we had supper.
DJ and his dad sitting on Richard's motorbike. DJ was in a very goofy mood....can ya tell?!

Wednesday morning I woke up so tired and grumpy. It wasn't the best night. DJ and Cadence had not been acting very happy the whole time we were there. I was beginning to suspect that they were sick. Thinking maybe DJ had an ear infection. Because he was crying all the time and not sleeping very well. Richard suggested we just pack up and go home. I thought about it and agreed with him. The thought of staying till Saturday wasn't very exciting to me. The kids weren't happy and I was grumpy. So we packed up, like everything up and hooked up the trailer. We decided we might as well pull it home. I was a little sad, because it had been a very fun summer. The kids wanted to go home too. We told them if they helped us pack everything up that we'd take them out for breakfast. So we were out of there in record breaking time! I pulled the trailer and Richard followed behind us on his bike. I parked in the parking lot behind IHOP and that's where we went to breakfast. It was delicious!

Then I finished up some shopping for DJ. Got him all outfitted for the fall. It didn't take us very long. I picked up a few snacks for the kids and we were ready to go. We stopped to fuel up and then we were off. By this time I was having second thoughts and feeling kind of bad, because my brothers were coming down that day and we were supposed to meet up with them on Thursday. I pulled over just before Columbia Falls and talked to Richard. I told him I could stay one more night at the KOA and come home the next day. Anyways we were talking and I started crying. Richard was so baffled and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I think it hit me that summer was over and the girls were going to school the next week. I was having a hard time dealing with that. Going to miss my girls while they are at school. I was a mess! We both agreed that we should just go home. Richard had a lot of work to do at home, and I had lots of things to get done before the girls went to school. So away we went! We got home Wednesday night. I spent the rest of the week, cleaning the trailer out! So that was the end of our camping. It sure was a fun summer. I counted and we went camping for 38 nights. So I think it was well worth it!

We really didn't do much for Labour Day. It was just nice to get home and get things put away and clean the house. Of course the kids still wanted to do things, so we did. Thursday morning we went and picked up Renee and the boys and we took off for the playground in Lethbridge. The kids had fun playing together and just running around. Then we had lunch at McDonald's. It was a fun morning.
DJ going down the slide. He was so excited to wear his new "army" clothes!

Brianna posing for me!

I asked Cadence to smile and this is what I get. What a girl!

Brianna and DJ were having fun playing together on the slide.

Abbi loved playing with Lincoln. She walked with him everywhere!

Abbi and Lincoln going down the slide!

Richard was super busy and had to work all weekend. I knew that was going to happen, so I tried to make things fun for the kids. I let them jump on the tramp with the sprinkler under and they just had fun playing in our yard. I was able to clean the house and finish cleaning the trailer. Oh, on Friday I told the kids we could go swimming in Raymond after supper if they help clean. That went ok. Till Cadence decided to make us all supper. It was a HUGE mess. Honey EVERYWHERE, including DJ. But she did make us supper. Very sweet, but I still had to bite my tongue! Richard met us at the pool and we had a blast swimming. DJ discovered the joys of going down the waterslide by himself. He wouldn't stop! He thought it was great. Abbi discovered that she can jump off the high dive board by herself. She loved it! It was super fun! Then we got them a snow bob for the ride home. It was kind of a fun way to say bye too summer!

On Sunday the girls were excited because they were able to wear their new "fall" dresses. They looked super cute! It was a pretty low key weekend. On Monday the kids went and played at my parent's house while I ran into Lethbridge to get some groceries and the last few things for school. I guess everyone else had the same idea. Lethbridge was insanely CRAZY!! But I got it all done. We had lunch with my parents, and then we all got ready to go boating. We got out to the damn and it was so windy. So we scratched that idea! We came home and I canned some apple syrup. The kids ran around outside. They came in with some freezing feet, so they all stuck their feet up to the fireplace!
My crazy kids warming up their feet in front of the fireplace!!

Abbi, DJ, Brianna and Cadence all ready to go to church. So cute!

DJ hooked his car up to his trailer (laundry basket) and he was fixing his car!! What a silly boy! I love his goggles!

For FHE we talked about going back to school and what our schedule was going to be like. We also talked about the importance of the priesthood and then Richard gave each of the girls a father's blessing. They were all so excited about school. Fun to see them so excited. Then we put them to bed. The next day was their first day back to school. That's a whole different post!

No comments: