Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Halloween 2012!

My kids always give me a hard time about not decorating for Halloween. I really don't get into Halloween that much. I did make them some sugar cookies that we decorated and ate. We also did some orange cupcakes and decorated those. They seemed happy with that. The only reason they were complaining is because I dropped Abbi, Brianna and DJ off at a neighbours house while I took Cadence to the dentist one night. They got to decorate her house with all her Halloween stuff. She had boxes full. They thought that was great!!

We carved our pumpkin on Monday night. We had 3 pumpkins to do but the kids had them outside for decoration and they were frozen one night and then unthawed the next day. So they all turned to mush. So I bought one big pumpkin that the kids all decided on the design and everyone helped clean it out. It worked out perfect. Everyone was happy with it. This year I roasted the pumpkin seeds. Yum!! Cadence and Abbi loved them too! A yummy treat!
All the kids working together cleaning out the pumpkin.

Cadence and Abbi icing our orange cupcakes.

DJ making a face on the cupcake.

Brianna decorating her cupcakes.

Abbi and DJ taking a plate of cupcakes to someones house. They knocked and then ran, we BOOED somebody!!

My cute kids with their pumpkin!

On Wednesday I took the girls to school and told them I'll pick them up for lunch. So DJ and I got their lunch all ready and we went and picked them up. I had cheese pizza and some nacho chips. They ate and then I got them all dressed up for school. They were super excited. DJ got dressed up too! We dropped them back off for school.
Abbi the pretty mermaid, Cadence the girly pirate, DJ as Spiderman and Brianna as a cute cowgirl!

DJ had to put on his mask! He didn't wear it trick or treating.

About 20 mins later we headed back up to the school for the Halloween Parade. It was so fun to watch. The girls get so excited to see DJ and I there. I loved it! So many cute and amazing costumes!
Cute Cadence in the parade!

Abbi and Brianna walking together in the parade! I noticed that Brianna's dress was maybe a little bit small! Oh well! Good thing she had those thick tights on!!

After school I picked the girls up and we headed into Raymond to the chiropractor. That's where my mom works too. The kids were excited to show Grandma Paxman their costumes. I got adjusted and then I picked up some Chinese Food for dinner. We came home and had Chinese food and then got everyone ready to go trick or treating!

It was really cold out this year. We bundled up the kids. Brianna was not liking it. She was so mad. There was no way she was going out. I told her that's fine, she can stay home, that's her choice. I got the kids out in the suburban and Richard tried talking to her. She just sits there with her arms folded and won't talk. S T U B O R N!!!! She finally decided to get her coat on and I helped her get some gloves on. Silly girl!

Away we went. The kids got so much candy. They only got scared a couple of times. Once by a wear wolf holding a bowl of candy. My kids walked right up and took 1 candy from the bowl (a lot of people did that). As Cadence was reaching into the bowl the guy jumped and growled. Oh my, Cadence jumped back with a look of terror on her face. Of course, it had to happen to Cadence. It was so funny. DJ just stood there and watched. The guy told DJ to get a candy but DJ could grab anything with his big mitts on! DJ just looked at him and the guy got him the candy and put it in DJ's bag. I helped DJ down the stairs and he looked at me and said, "Mom that big wolf and nice wolf." It was so cute!! About 3 houses later we were walking away from the door when we heard a loud, "OO OO OO EE EE", gorilla sound. All my kids stopped dead in their tracks. I spotted a big black gorilla hiding behind a bush. It kept making it's loud sound then it started jumping around. It was hilarious. He finally took off his mask and then the kids laughed. Too funny!

We came home at 7:00pm and the kids checked out their loot. Then we brushed their teeth and put them to bed. They had a fun day and enjoyed eating their candy for days after that!

No comments: