Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

CRAZY Weekend!

Really that's an understatement. The kids had no school for 5 days. So it was a long weekend. I was excited to have them home with me. Of course, the weather did not cooperate. It snowed like crazy on Thursday and Friday. By Friday afternoon we had a tonne of snow. It was pretty cold outside too. The kids went out and helped Richard shovel the driveway and sidewalks. They thought that was great fun!
Talking about CRAZY....here's Brianna with her crazy BIG hair!!! Her hair is super thick and it drives her crazy when it's not up out of her face! I love her hair!

DJ working hard shovelling the driveway!

Abbi, Cadence and DJ taking a break from the work and having fun!

Thursday night we went to the school for a Family Carnival for the VanBrugen family. They lost their father/husband in a tragic accident. It was a way for the community to come together and support them. There was a silent auction too, plus we'd pay for tickets to play various games. It was a lot of fun. The kids had a blast and thought it was fun to have their own tickets to decide what they wanted to spend them on!
Abbi, DJ, Cadence and Brianna showing off their face paintings!

Rrrrrr Matey!! Here is Abbi at the Pirate booth!

Cadence, the cute pirate!

Rrrrrrrrr......DJ thought it was funny!
Brianna was trying to show us her "pirate" face by winking!!

On Friday we stuck around home. Richard did run into Lethbridge for some things and took the kids with him. I was able to work on the sock monkey's that I'm making for my kids for Christmas. I need a LOT more time then 2hrs. But it was a good start! Then the kids painted some Christmas ornaments and played inside. We also made some yummy ginger bread men cookies. They all had a blast doing that.
Our yummy ginger bread men cookies!!

On Saturday, Richard had to work, so I was home with the kids. We cleaned up and I was going to take them into Lethbridge with me, so I could do some shovelling. At the last minute I decided to call a babysitter and leave the kids home. GOOD THING! So away I went. I shovelled for about 3 hrs (we have a contract to shovel in front of the mail boxes). By then my feet were frozen. I still had about 1hr left of shovelling. But decided to come back in Monday to finish it. So I started driving home. Oh I should mention that my suburban was acting funny. Every time I stopped at a sign or just took my foot off the gas, it would rev on it's own and jerk me forward. Even with my foot on the brake it would jerk me back and forth. I was going to call Cody when I got home, because he was down and I was going to see if he could take a quick look at my engine. I drove to Magrath and turned off the highway onto the gravel road which was packed with ice and snow. I was starting to slowly accelerate when I did a fish tail. I took my foot off the gas, so I could control it, totally forgetting about my crazy engine and how it was revving up every time I took my foot off the gas. So it put me into a spin. I still wasn't too worried because I was going pretty slow 20-30km/hr. I figured I could probably drive out of the ditch if I hit it. Well I was going side ways now and hit the ONLY steep ditch around. Both tires on the drivers side dropped and it flipped me into the air and I landed on the roof. It was CRAZY! I remember hearing the roof crunching and I ducked my head and leaned over the steering wheel. Thankfully the airbags didn't go off, or that would of really hurt me. After it was all over I was hanging upside down in my seat belt. I was kind of in shock that I flipped my vehicle. It was still running so I turned off the truck and then turned the radio off. I was still hanging there trying to figure out how to get down with out falling into all the broken glass. I got down and was looking for my cell phone. I was going to call Richard to come help me. I was about 1 1/2 blocks from my house. Somebody stopped and ran and helped me out. I had to finish breaking the passenger window with the floor mat then I crawled out. Somebody called 911 and was getting me an ambulance. I told them I was fine because nothing was hurting and I felt fine. The only thing that I could see was little nicks on my hands from the broken glass. I called Richard and told him I flipped the suburban. He came right away. He told me later that he didn't believe me. He kept thinking I was in a little fender bender. But when he came around the corner and saw the suburban wheels in the air, it kind of freaked him out. We waited for the RCMP to show up and write an accident report. By then I was completely frozen and shaking. Richard took me home and a farmer came with his tractor and flipped the suburban over and drug it to the front of our house. So that's where it's sitting now. We just got the phone call this Friday that it is a total write off and they are paying us out. So now we are hunting for a suburban. Such a pain. We are driving a rental van right now.
There's my poor suburban upside down. As you can see I was less then 6" away from hitting the telephone pole. If I was going fast I would of wrapped around it.

A bunch of stuff flew out the broken window when I rolled. So glad I always wear my seat belt.

I had night mares Saturday night about me crashing and having the kids with me. It really freaked me out. I'm so glad my kids weren't with me. On Monday, the kids stayed with Grandma Paxman for a little bit while I went into Lethbridge to finish shovelling. As I was leaving DJ ran up to me and gave me a big hug and said, "Mom you no cash (crash), otay?" He was very serious and worried. So cute. When I got back he ran around the corner and into my arms and said, "You cash mom, you cash?" I told him no and he smiled and ran off to play!

That was my crazy weekend. Oh by Monday my neck was really hurting me. I ended up with a mild whiplash. So I've been getting that treated too. Hopefully we find a suburban soon.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Holy cow, Janae! I'm so glad you're okay! What a scare that would have been.