Spencer's

Spencer's

Saturday, January 19, 2013

I Have 3 Seven Year Olds!!!!


Yup, my girls turned 7! So, so crazy! It started it very crazy, because Brianna woke me up in the middle of the night throwing up. She threw up ALL night long. Poor girl, I felt so bad for her, being so sick on her birthday. Luckily by later that morning she wasn't throwing up and was feeling a bit better. She was exhausted though. I had planned to take the girls to a movie. Brianna wanted to stay at Grandma's house. So I took Abbi, Brianna and DJ and Anna (Cam's girl) came with us. We followed Emily too. DJ and Mary went with Evan and Aunt Emily. I had all the girls in my Caddi!

Anyways, funny story. On the way out to the farm I was telling the girls about the day they were born. I told them that I had a C-section and had to further explain that they cut my tummy and pulled them out that way. They were all fascinated. I explained that it wasn't the normal way. They asked what happened with my tummy and I said the doctor sewed me up. Well DJ then piped up and said, very excitedly, "Just like Woody. The magic man sewed Woody's arm and fixed him. The doctor fixed you?" It was so cute!!

When we were driving to the movies I over heard Abbi and Cadence telling Ali and Anna about how they were born. It was pretty funny to listen too! We got to the mall and it was MADNESS! I kept driving around and couldn't find a place to park. I saw that Emily had parked and was walking up to the doors. So I stopped amidst the crazy drivers and got the kids out and ran them over to Emily. I know crazy, but it worked. Then I got back in and noticed someone behind me and backed out and left. So I went flying backwards and parked. Perfect!! We got in to the movie, "Rise of the Guardians". All the kids loved it. They were all really good too. It was a fun time.

We came back to the farm and had lunch and let the kids play together. All the guys were out shooting their bow and arrows! We just hung out. Then I took off so I could finish getting the house clean and cakes decorated for the girls' birthday. They were super excited. We just had dinner by ourselves and invited people over for cake and ice cream. It was much easier. I made each of the girls their own cakes. They had fun picking them out.

It was a pretty relaxing evening. The girls were super excited about having some family over for their party. We had them do their pinata first. Cam came with his 3 girls, so that made it fun! So funny to watch them try so hard to hit it! Richard wasn't the happiest about holding the stick. Oh well, it worked and he didn't get hit!
Brianna hitting the Castle Pinata!

Abbi taking a whack at it!!

Cadence in motion!
DJ was making all the girls laugh at him.....can ya tell!! What a goof ball!

Then we came up and sang happy birthday to them and had cake and ice cream. There was a lot of cake to choose from! We had lots of cake for about a week! Well, maybe not that long, but there was a lot of cake!
Here are the cakes. Cadence picked the flower, Abbi picked the gum ball machine and Brianna picked the gingerbread man.

Singing happy birthday to the birthday girls and to Grandpa Spencer!!

Blowing out the candles!

Then it was present time. I let them open the present from us first. They each opened an envelope and they each got a gift certificate for a stuffed animal and outfit at Build A Bear. They were super excited about that. We did that a couple days later! Anyways, they were spoiled by all the presents. So fun to see them get so excited!
Opening their cards from mom and dad.

Showing off their presents!

Cadence showing off her new "Brave" doll and horse. I love how their hair totally match!

Abbi finally got a Lala Loopsy doll!

Brianna with her presents!

Cadence drawing on her present from Grandma and pa Paxman. It hangs on a door. Such a cool idea!

Brianna busy playing with her new toys!

Love this picture I found on my camera of Brianna's socks!

It amazes me at how big my girls are getting. I probably say it all the time, but it's crazy how fast time flies. I remember bringing them home from the hospital like it was yesterday. All those feelings of inadequacies and just being over whelmed. But we loved them so much and we can't imagine our lives without our triplets!! I always get the comments of how they are glad it's us and not them and I'm so HAPPY that it's us!!! My girls are so different that sometimes I forget that they are triplets. They are so fun to be around. I will write down 7 things about each girl!

Abbi:
1. Loves doing new things! Has been learning how to play the piano and LOVES it!
2. Takes forever to go to sleep at night, every night, and would sleep in every day if she could!
3. Absolutely LOVES babies. If there is a baby around, Abbi will be there. She will sit down and play with Keira, Ethan or Evan for a long time. The babies love her attention too. It's so cute!
4. Really enjoys reading. It's fun to watch her get excited about that!
5. Has pulled 2 of her teeth out and is waiting for more loose teeth to come.
6. Is getting very tall (she's about 2 inches taller then her sisters).
7. Only will let me put her hair in a big pony tail. Refuses to let me do anything else lately!! Funny Girl!

Brianna:
1. Has very thick and long hair. We finally went and got it thinned out and a special brush so there isn't tears every morning when I'm doing her hair. Loves to tell me what to do in her hair that day!
2. Is very organized. Will organize her drawers, shoes, toys...everything. Then she'll come start organizing my stuff. So funny!
3. Also loves to read to us and is very good at it!
4. Will spend a LONG time just sitting down and coloring or drawing a picture. She colors better then I do!
5. Loves to write Richard and I notes. She will hide them in places where we find them later.
6. Has a little temper. The funniest things set her off and she'll fold her arms and just glare and then stomp off and hide somewhere. Happens quite a bit. But I give her time and she will eventually come up and apologize and give me or her siblings a hug.
7. Is so good at playing with her brother. She does such a good job and DJ loves it when she does.

Cadence:
1. Has a LOT of energy. I found clogging is such a good way for her to get some of that energy out!
2. Loves to tease her siblings. It sometimes gets a little crazy, because she doesn't know when to stop!
3. HATES going to the dentist. Crazy girl!
4. Really works hard at school. She sees her speech teacher or assistant 3 times a week. She's been doing awesome with her speech. Her tutor comes twice a week after school. I thought she'd burn out, but she LOVES it!
5. Is one determined girl. If she gets something in her mind, there is no talking her out of it! This can be a good and bad thing!!
6. Will occasionally wake up in the middle of the night and just want to "snuggle"! So funny!
7. I love her sense of fashion! It's so refreshing and it's so fun to see what she decides to wear every day! So, so cute!!

So that's a summary of their birthday and of my 3 Seven year olds! So crazy! I was really dreading them getting this old, but I have to say it's a lot of fun! I love doing different things with them. Oh a couple days after their birthday we took them in to Build A Bear. They loved picking out their own animal and then the outfit. DJ decided to use his Christmas money from Great Grandma and Grandpa Spencer and build one too!
Pushing the button and catching a falling star.

DJ caught a falling Leaf!

Holding the leaf or star and making a wish before putting it into their stuffed animal.

The finished products! Cadence with her Unicorn, which she named "Jolene", DJ with his wolf which he calls Wolfie, Brianna with her kitty which she named Princess Kitty, and Abbi with her Bunny which she named Rosie.

No comments: