Spencer's

Spencer's

Sunday, January 6, 2013

What a Merry Christmas It Was!!!

So Christmas has come and gone. It was a good one this year. We were all very excited for the big day to arrive. The girls had school right up till Friday, Dec 21st. So that made it nice! The girls had their Christmas program on the Tuesday. It was super dark in there and my camera sucks, so I didn't get a picture of them. But they were super cute. They did so well. I was proud of my girls!

On Sunday before Christmas we had our Christmas program during Sacrament meeting. I think that is one of my favorite times. It was a wonderful meeting. The primary kids started it off by singing Picture a Christmas (which I played on the piano!). There were a lot of music and some good talks. Then we went to primary. The kids were all very excited. It was a bit crazy. The girls were sung too for their Birthday. They thought that that was great.

We came home and I had put supper in the crock pot before church. So we came and changed and ate some home made soup. Then the kids all got dressed up really warm. I decided that they were old enough to go and stand in the freezing cold to watch the live Nativity in Lethbridge. We've never taken them before. We got there just in time. They had just started. It was FREEZING outside, about -22. We sat down and watched it. It lasted about 10 mins. The kids were all very enthralled with it. I remember watching it when I was a little kid. It was a great way to remind us of the real meaning of Christmas. We talked about it once we got back in the vehicle. We were all a bit frozen, but warmed up quickly!

On Monday, which was Christmas Eve, I cleaned the house and baked cakes. We headed for Cardston around 2:30pm. The kids were beyond excited! We got there and they played with their cousins and we all snacked. At around 5pm, we headed over to the old folks home to sing some Christmas Carols. We sang to them as they ate their dinner. They all seemed to enjoy us singing to them, even though we don't have the best voices!! ha ha! Oh well!
DJ and Brianna checking out the snack table! Yum!

Richard playing with Spencer and sticking things in his toes!!

Everyone just sitting around visiting.

Spencer giving Ethan a hug! So cute!

Our group singing at the Lodge!

We got back to the house and had some Chinese food for dinner. It was a huge hit with everyone. Even the kids loved it! Shelly had borrowed some really cool costumes for the kids to dress up for the Nativity. They were all very excited about getting dressed up! Brianna was Mary and Kyle was was Joseph. Little Ethan was baby Jesus. Eric read from the scriptures as the kids came out as their part was being read. The only incident we had was Brianna accidentally dropped Ethan on his head. It happened so fast, but Ethan didn't even cry. He layed there so good. Poor boy, hopefully he was okay!
All the kids dressed up to do the Nativity! The costumes were awesome!

It was a little chaotic, but so fun to watch!


After the Nativity we then had all the kids open up their pj's and books. Then they all went and got their pj's on. I had a extra present for my kids to open together. I spent a lot of time working on this present. I just barely got it done a few days before Christmas. I made them all sock monkey's. It was kind of fun to do and they were all excited to get a sock monkey. Abbi calls them the chunky monkey's!!!
All the kids sitting around the tree getting ready to open their jammies!

My 4 cute kids in their new jammies and showing us their sock monkey's!

We then packed things up and head for home. We got home and the kids put out some cookies for Santa and a glass of milk. Then we said a prayer and put them to bed. I was surprised at how fast they all fell asleep! Then Richard and I went to work and brought the presents in from the trailer. Then we got the stockings all out. Then we went to bed. I was so tired and knew we would be up early.

The girls got up just after 6:30am. They all came and laid down on our bed. Richard had a shower and the kids were in bed with me. DJ finally came in just before 7am. He was still a little sleepy and wasn't too sure what the girls were so excited about. We finally let them go and they came running out to open up their stockings.
All of our kids relaxing on our bed Christmas morning1

It was a whirl wind morning with wrapping paper and boxes everywhere. Everybody was very happy about their presents. So fun to watch the craziness. I opened my present from Richard and screamed!! He got me an I-pad. I was surprised and very excited!! Especially since my want list consisted of this:
Janae's Christmas Wish List
1. I Pad
2. Trip to Hawaii
3. Family Trip to Disneyland
4. Ski Boat
5. Cabin on a Lake
Happy Shopping!!!

Yup that was my list. I made it as a joke and put it on the fridge. It was pretty funny!! I was pretty excited to get the I pad. I've had fun figuring things out and putting on some cool aps on it.
DJ loved to take his time to open his presents. It about drove his sisters bonkers. They just wanted to jump in and help him!

So they DJ would help his sisters!

Abbi getting her new baby and baby set from mom and dad.

Brianna got a some barbies and a bunch of new furniture for the doll house!

Cadence was very excited to get some new ponies to add to her collection!

Me very excited about getting an I-pad! So fun!

Abbi's excited face when she opened her present from Santa. She's been asking for a GoGo dog for a very LONG time!

Brianna got a huge art set from mom and dad.

Richard opening his present and I'm not sure what Brianna is doing.

Cadence opening up her present from mom and dad, a art set and a new scooter!

DJ opening his presents from mom and dad, some lego and a leapster.

Brianna opening her present from Grandma and Grandpa Spencer. A bracelet maker, all 3 girls got there own. I packed them up and hid them!! hehe!! They are so hard to make and maybe I'll bring them out when they are older!

All the presents open!

DJ is very organized and made his little pile of presents!

We spent all morning putting together new toys and the kids played and played and played. Then we finally got all ready and went out to my parents for dinner and relaxing!

We had a lot of fun playing games and just hanging out and visiting. It was a really good Christmas. I had fun with my new I-pad and took lots of pictures with it. Then I quickly put together a scrap book on it. So fun to do!!
Mom and dad in the kitchen getting Christmas dinner ready!

Everyone sitting around visiting and relaxing!

Me and Evan being all matchy matchy!!

Emily and Evan! He's such a cutie!

Evan so excited to say hi to Keira. She wasn't too sure about him!

Keira showing off her cute Santa hat that her mom made!

Evan thought it was funny to pull on the hat!

Mary and DJ having fun playing together!

Went to go add all my pictures for this post and Blogger isn't letting me upload from my computer. Not sure what's going on. So I'm going to post this and keep trying with the pictures. OK so now it's a week later and I still can't get pictures from my computer. I figured out another way, even though it's a pain. Hopefully I can figure this out soon!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

I can't upload pictures either!! so annoyed - I am trying to get caught up and it is hard when the computer doesn't cooperate. Let me know if you figure it out. I finally got around to reading your blog - so nice to read about what you have been up to. Your kids are getting so big.