Spencer's

Spencer's

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ten On Tuesday!

Now that I am all caught up, I need to get back into the swing of things and start blogging more! So let's do Ten on Tuesday! I always enjoy doing these posts! It helps me to blog about the little things that goes on in our lives!

1. Took the kids sledding last Monday and they had a blast. We finally found a perfect hill to go sledding on! We didn't last too long, because the wind was freezing cold. The girls would of stayed longer but I made them come home.....so mean!! ha ha!
Brianna coming down on the blue disc!

The kids at the top of the hill!

Brianna and DJ!

Cadence coming down!

DJ playing in the snow!

Abbi going down the hill! It was a fun afternoon!

2. We've had some amazing sunsets this past week. I love watching the sky turn different colors. I had to take a picture but it doesn't do it justice.
This picture was taken with my camera.

And this one with my I-Pad. Love the sky so pretty!

3. Cadence was moved into her room upstairs. We turned the "reading" room into her room. She was pretty excited. Her sisters were too. It was getting too crowded in their room and bed time was getting to be a little crazy. It was a very GOOD thing. Bed time has been 100% better. Cadence has been sleeping better too. Not so many nightmares....probably because her room is right beside ours!

4. We had a couple weeks where everyone was taking turns getting sick. It was not a fun time. Most of those days the kids stayed in their jammies. DJ did too, even when he wasn't sick. On one of those days I got DJ a big puzzle and he put it together with his dad. He loved it and was so proud of himself. He kept saying too me, "Mom that too hard for you (I'm horrible at puzzles), I hep you!"
DJ so happy he got a fireman puzzle!

It turned out to be a HUGE puzzle and he loved it! As you can see, it was also a jammie day!!

5. During the two week holidays that the girls had off school, we were busy. It was fun to play with different friends and do some fun things. I came home one Saturday from playing at a baptism and found DJ and dad sound asleep together. It was pretty cute.

6. One day last week it was so nice in the morning. There was hardly a breeze. So after we dropped the girls off at school DJ and I came back and got ready to go for a walk. He insisted on me pushing him in the stroller, silly boy. He brought some carrots with me and we took off looking for some hungry horses. On the way a dog decided to join us. He was a crazy dog that kept jumping on me and DJ. We found the horses and DJ ran up to feed them some carrots. It was a fun morning!
Crazy dog chasing DJ! DJ thought it was funny for a minute and then he had enough!

DJ being so brave and feeding the horse a carrot!

7. With the New Year, I've decided to start exercising more. I was doing pretty good before the holidays but then did nothing during the holidays. So I've been going to morning Zumba on Mondays and Fridays. Then I do Zumba Tuesday night and then again on Saturday morning. I take my girls with me on Saturday. They really love it and I think it's fun to do exercise with them. DJ had to come one Saturday, because his dad had to work. He was not impressed...at all! I brought my I-pad and I thought he was playing games, but no he took a bunch of pictures...so here's a few!

I look a little crazy here....but I love that he got all 4 of us in the picture!!! My 3 skinny legged girls in their zumba clothes!!!

8. I had a party here for Signature HomeStyles. They sell a lot of neat things to help you organize your house. They also sell a lot of decor. I really didn't want to do the party but decided too, so I could get some of the things I wanted for cheaper. Well it was a huge success. I was able to get $200 worth of free things and then up to 7 half price items. It was awesome. I can't wait till they come in the mail!

9. The kids kind of have a habit to sit on the couch and walk cartoons on my computer or I-pad in the morning. We don't have t.v., so this is how they watch their cartoons. DJ always has to have a cup of hot chocolate right when he wakes up too. It's pretty cute to watch him cuddle and watch his cartoons. Then he is ready for the day. The girls have a harder time, because I don't let them do this on school days, unless they are all ready then they can sit down!

10. I feel like the mornings lately, have been a little "CRAZY"!! There is always something that's going on, or someone crying or having a fit. Drives me a little crazy!!! For example, last week, Cadence was freaking out over her socks. She kept saying that they hurt her feet and she hates them. I told her to hurry up because we are ready to go. So 2 mins later she comes skipping out the Bear and gets in. I looked at her and asked, "So do you have socks on?" She smiled and said, "Uh, I'm not telling you." Goofy girl! Then this morning as I was doing Brianna's hair in two small pony tails, pulled into a big pony tail (did the same with Abbi's hair). Abbi came into the bathroom and said, "Oh Brianna you have two cow ears too." Then she laughed. She was talking about the two bumps from the pony tails. Anyways, Brianna broke down crying, and screaming, "I DON"T HAVE COW EARS!!" It was kind of comical! I explained what Abbi meant, and then Brianna laughed! Sheesh, crazy mornings!

11. DJ is one goofy guy. He cracks me up and I love having him with me all the time. I don't know what I'm going to do when he starts going to school. So sad! Good thing we still have some time!
We made piggies in a blanket one night and he insisted on eating it with a big stick. He did eat the whole thing too!

Here is the proof that he is a Goofy Guy!!! ha ha!
I think DJ gets his goofiness from his dad! ha ha! Here's Richard being a real fruit!!!


Hope everyone is staying warm on this freezing cold day. DJ and I have been cleaning and baking. We also made some yummy home made soup. Can't wait till supper time!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

Love the pictures Janae! Can't believe how big your kids are getting. We have had some crazy bedtimes lately so it was nice to see that we aren't the only ones. Hope you all stay healthy! I'm excited to see what things you got to decorate with.