Spencer's

Spencer's

Monday, March 25, 2013

More Skiing!

A couple of weeks ago, we decided to have the girls skip a day of school. Richard wasn't too busy, and my sister, Megan, had the day off of work. So we decided to go up to West Castle on a Tuesday for some skiing. I told the girls about it, and Brianna decided to stay with DJ with Grandma Spencer. She told me that skiing made her so tired and it made her body hurt!! Ha ha! She had some sore muscles for a couple days last time she went!!

So Richard and I with Abbi and Cadence met Megan at the ski hill. We got there around 10am and got our equipment and paid for the girls to go into a lesson. All the lessons were full for the morning, so they were going to go into the 1pm lesson. So we went and did some skiing with them in the morning. We just stayed on the green chair. I stayed with Cadence and Richard skied with Abbi. It was a lot of fun. Cadence was very nervous to start out with. So I just put her between my skis and she hung onto my poles and we went down. We did this twice and then she started to go down on her own. She would follow me down the hill. She did so good!

Abbi was having a blast with her dad. She likes to go pretty fast, so they always beat us down the hill. He even took her on a few harder runs and she did good. Usually when Cadence and I were going up the chair lift we would see the other two going down the hill. We would yell hi and wave.

We met Megan back at the Lodge for lunch. By this time the wind had really picked up. So much that half way down the hill, on the final stretch, the wind would bring Cadence to a dead stop. It would even start to push her backwards. The poor girl is just so light! So I would have to grab her hand and we would go down the last part together, just to get her down.
Cadence showing me her "crazy" side!!! We tell her that her crazy hair makes her look like Merida from Brave. She loves that and tries to mess up her hair even more!

Abbi having a little snack in the Lodge!

We decided to go cancel the lessons, since that's where they do it, right there at the windiest part. We had no problem getting refunds back. By this time, Richard wasn't feeling the hottest either. He was all achy and just not feeling good. So I took Cadence out for a few more runs. Just me and her. We had fun together.
Cadence riding up the chair lift with me!

Me and Cadence on the chair lift!

Cadence and I ready to go for a couple more runs. It was starting to snow at this point and blow really hard.

Cadence skiing down the hill! She did so awesome!

Then we came back and I took Abbi back out. She really wanted to wear her dad's goggles, so I put them on her. She was so cute in them!! We would just fly down the hill with her. So we went about 4 times before we called it good.
Abbi with her dad's goggles on, going up the chair lift! You can see me in her goggles' reflection!

Go Abbi go!!! She was my little speedster! She had so much fun!

Abbi with her cute toothless grin! I pulled out her 2nd top tooth a couple of weeks ago! I love her smile!

It was a fun day at the hill. Megan went a snowboarded by herself, since we only got the ticket for the green chair. But it was fun to hang out with her too. We followed each other back to Pincher Creek and shopped at Walmart. Then we got something to eat at McDonald's. We all had a lot of fun!

We got back to Cardston around 5pm. Just in time to help make some supper and eat. Brianna and DJ had a lot of fun with their Grandma. Shelly took them out to Grandma Bowlby's and did some cleaning. She said that both Brianna and DJ were huge helps and cleaned so well! They were both happy campers when we got there. At Walmart we found the coolest hats for the kids. They were on sale for super cheap, so we got them all a toque!
Our 4 crazy kids with their crazy hats. Cadence and Abbi have monster hats, DJ is a Rooster and Brianna is the monster eyes! They are cool hats! DJ wore his everywhere!

So that was our fun Tuesday that the girls skipped school. Richard got some cold/flu medicine and accidentally took 2 doses. So he was out for the night. It was a little crazy. He slept for about 14hrs straight. The kids thought it was funny that dad was sleeping through all there craziness, when I was trying to put them to bed. It was a fun day!!

No comments: