Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Ten On Tuesday!

Here's my Ten on Tuesday!

1. I got a new for me dress from my sister, Megan. I think it's super cute and I got a couple of compliments when I wore it to church. Anyways, after church we were getting lunch for the kids. I was putting stuff on the table and Abbi said, "Mom I really like that dress." I said, "Oh thanks Abbi!" Feeling really good. Then Abbi said, "Yeah it looks just like a grey tree trunk." Ummmm, excuse me!! She was very serious when she said it too. Sometimes that girl says the craziest things!

2. Abbi and Cadence went to Basketball again on Saturday. They loved it. I took a few pictures. They have so much fun running around and trying to dribble at the same time. I love it. It's so funny to watch!

Cadence getting in line with her team for the relay contest.

Abbi getting ready to go next in the relay.

Cadence dribbling around the pylons.

Abbi dribbling around the pylons.

3. A friend of ours has some sheep and they have some baby lambs too. We went out Saturday morning to help feed a lamb. Everyone was super excited. We got there, just before the lady came with the bottle. So all the lambs came running to the fence where we were standing. All of a sudden one lamb "POPPED" (that's what DJ tells everyone) right out of the fence. The girls were all excited and squealing. But it totally freaked DJ out. He was screaming bloody murder, while I was chasing the crazy lamb around. I caught it and was trying to show DJ that it won't hurt him, but the lamb was crazy and was jumping up and down in my arms. So that didn't help! Oh well, the girls loved feeding the lamb!
All excited to see the little lambs. This was just before the little one "POPPED" out!!

Abbi feeding the lamb.

Brianna all excited to feed the lamb.

I was surprised that Cadence enjoyed feeding the lamb so much. Usually she doesn't want to be near animals but she couldn't get enough of this cute lamb!!

DJ not impressed at all! Can ya tell?!

4. Richard told the kids that if they helped me clean the house and garage that we'd take them to a movie. So we cleaned like crazy after we got back from Basketball. I love having a clean house. I love it even more when I have so many helpers! So we took them to "Rise of the Guardians". This is the movie that Brianna missed seeing on her birthday. So we took them all again. It's a good one and all my kids loved it! Cadence was in a crazy mood and laughing super hard over everything. It gave me the giggles too, because she found everything SO FUNNY!
Brianna and Abbi ready to watch the movie.

Evidence of Cadence's crazy mood!!

DJ loved having his own little popcorn tray and pop.

5. DJ loves to dance to music and has some pretty cool moves. His new one lately is so funny. He closes his eyes and bops his head to the beat and then he takes one hand and it looks like he is scratching his other elbow. Hard to explain but he thinks it is totally cool and does it all the time. It looks hilarious!

6. Got my teeth cleaned last week at the dentist. I have to say that I HATE the scaling. Absolutely hate it. I like the end result, but not when it's being done. I get goose bumps all over my body and the hair stands up on the back of my neck. No joke. It's like somebody is scratching the finger nails down the chalk board for over an hour. I just can't stand it. I have to distract myself and sing songs in my head. Sounds crazy but it's true!

7. Richard and I went to the temple Thursday night. We were all ready and when I went to get my babysitter she wasn't there. So we ended up being late. It was kind of crazy, but all worked out. So glad that we went. Such a peaceful feeling in the Temple.

8. DJ always wants to do something fun when the girls are in school. Some days he comes with me when I run errands, shovel our sites (usually takes a couple hours), and is so patient with me. So I try to comply and think of some fun things for him to do. Last week he really wanted to paint but not on the table. So he set up his own painting area. It was very cute how he told me where the paints and brushes go! Silly boy! I drive around with him so much, I sometimes feel bad. But when he asks for the head phones and music I know he's tired. Every time I give it to him he zonks! It's super cute!
DJ sound asleep with the head phones half on his head!

DJ making me lunch at his kitchen. He was so happy!
DJ's painting station that he set up himself!!

9. All my girls have the habit of saying, "I care!" But they all say it in the wrong context. It's very cute. For example if someday asks Cadence if they can play with her ponies, she'll say, "I care." Then the other person happily goes off to play with them. They say it, meaning, "I don't care." It really cracks me up!

10.Cadence has her own mind and when she decides something nobody can talk her out of it. Sometimes that drives me a little crazy and other times it just makes me laugh. I was picking the girls up from school the other day and it was cold and snowy out. We were waiting for Cadence to come. When I saw her I had to do a double look, because it looked like she was wearing shorts. Then I realized that she had rolled her pants all the way up past her knees. Abbi said she did it half way through school. Cadence told me it was because her pants were bugging her! Sheesh! Then last night she was refusing to stay in her bed. I tucked her in again and again and finally decided to ignore her. When I went to check on her she was sound asleep in the hallway on the hard floor. What a crazy girl!!!
Cadence with her pants rolled up! Oh I love that girl!
Cadence sound asleep in the hallway!

No comments: