Spencer's

Spencer's

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

First Trip To Waterton in 2013!

A couple of weeks ago, my sister, Megan, phoned and asked if we wanted to go to Waterton with her on Saturday. First she wanted to go to a Temple Session then we could drive up to Waterton. Richard has been insanely busy! Not to complain, I am so happy that he's busy. We just haven't done much together lately. He couldn't make it, so I decided to go through a session with my sister. I am so glad I did. I dropped the kids off at my In-laws and we quickly went to the temple. It was a Saturday morning so it was a little busy. We were just in time for the 10:30am session. We got in and realized our parents were working and would be in the session too. It was a really neat and I am so glad we went. Afterwards, we all went down to the cafeteria and had a yummy lunch. It was a wonderful morning!

Megan and I then went over to the Spencer's to change and gather up my kidlets! It was a beautiful day and we were excited to go to Waterton. DJ was super tired and fell asleep on the way there. Which, I am so glad he did, he was a tired boy. We just stayed around the townsite. It was a fun afternoon. The kids played at the playground. I should say, Aunt Megan did too! She was showing them some tricks and they were all trying to copy her!
The best picture I could get of my crazy 4 kids!

Cute pose of Cadence!

I don`t get very many good pictures of DJ, he just won`t stand still!

Aunt Megan showing the girls how to hang upside and and flip around!

Cadence got right up there and hung upside down!

Abbi hanging upside down!

Brianna showing us how it`s done!

DJ walking across the stepping stones!

Aunt Megan hanging upside down on the swing and flipping off! I was pretty impressed. There`s no way I could do that!

Brianna was the only brave one to try hanging upside down on the swing!

Then we went and parked on main street and got all the scooters out, and Megan's longboard. My kids followed their Aunt Megan around the pathway. It was a little chaotic. We did get a few looks! DJ was following his sisters on his "motorbike". It's a tricycle that he is way too big for, but he insisted on me bringing it! Silly boy!
Megan on the long board and the kids up ahead!

Cool picture of Megan with the Prince of Wales Hotel in the background.

My crazy kids racing along the pathway!

We looped around and now were coming back to the main street. It was a good way to get rid of some energy!

My 4 kids at Waterton Lake. It was so calm!

My cutie pies on a cool swing!

We all worked up a little bit of an appetite. So we went over to Big Scoop and got a little ice cream cone!! Ha ha! My kids NEVER finish the big ones and I didn't feel like spending a fortune so we got some little ones. Everyone ate there's all gone!
Everyone enjoying their icecream. And I just realized, that you can see me in the reflection of the window, taking the picture!

Then we rode back to the truck and loaded it up. We drove over to Cameron Falls to walk around a little bit. I was trying hard to get some pictures. I got a few but the kids weren't being very cooperative. Oh well, at least they are cute!!
I can`t get 1 picture with all my kids looking at the camera! Oh well! Not sure what Cadence is doing!

Me and my 4 cute kids in front of Cameron Falls.

Cute picture of Brianna and Cadence hugging each other!

Brianna took a picture of me.

DJ was obsessed with looking down each hole to see if there was a squirrel living there!

Then we drove up to the Prince Of Wales Hotel. The kids were asking us about the hotel. We told them that it is a really old hotel and Megan told them that there is a rumor that the Hotel is haunted. Well my kids thought that was cool. DJ couldn't let that one go. We got up to the top and DJ kept saying, I see the ghost car, I see the ghost hotel, oh look there`s a ghost walking! He`s such a silly boy! It was so pretty out. Abbi was making me super nervous, getting so close to the edge. We had fun walking around and taking pictures. Then we told everyone it was time to go, and DJ kept telling me to go down the ghost ramp (it was a one way parking lot and it slanted down)! He yelled good-bye to the ghosts!
Cute pictures of my triplets over looking Waterton Lake!

Pretty picture of Waterton Lake and snow capped mountains!

My 4 kids!

Loved this picture of Brianna looking out at the lake!

DJ in front of the Prince of Wales Hotel. He kept calling it the ghost house!

DJ jumping from rock to rock!

Abbi standing on the biggest rock she could find!

We then headed back to Cardston. It was a really fun afternoon and I am so glad that we decided to go. It was an awesome idea Megan! We got to Cardston and we met up with Richard, who was just finishing a job there and heading to another one. I got some take out Chinese food and we headed home. It was a really fun day!

1 comment:

The Bassetts said...

What beautiful pictures! I can't believe the lake was so calm. I totally know what you mean when you say you can't take a picture with all 4 kids looking at the camera - we have the same problem here. This makes me want to take a trip to Waterton!