Spencer's

Spencer's

Friday, May 3, 2013

Fun At The Zoo!

I have seriously slacked on blogging lately. I've either been crazy busy, or when I do have time to do it I have no desire to type!! So I am going to do it today!! So way back at Easter time, we took the kids to the Zoo on Easter Monday. Richard had to work, but I followed my parents up. Mom came and road with me, and Cassi. Cam and the other 2 girls went with my dad. So all vehicles were fully loaded! I got a new movie for them to watch on the way up. It works like a charm. I grabbed some cereal and plastic cups for snacks. They travelled so good. We went to Emily's house to have lunch and then took off from there to go to the zoo.

I think EVERYONE had the same idea! The zoo was super busy. But I'm still glad we went. The kids had an absolute blast. It was so fun to watch them have fun with their cousins. We stopped at the Penguins first. There was a long line to get into the building. So we just saw the penguins outside.

Cadence as a cute little Penguin!

I brought my camera but forgot it in the vehicle. When I figured that out, I didn't feel like going all the way back to get it. So I didn't get too many pictures. I just had my cell phone. We asked the kids what animals they really wanted to see and we made sure we saw those ones. Everyone had a fun time.
Checking out the Elephants. DJ was resting in the stroller!

These two girls loved the butterfly gardens. Brianna had a butterfly land on her shoulder and she stood there so still and quiet for at least 5 minutes. She had a big crowd come up and look at the butterfly. She loved it!

Cadence and Brianna checking out the butterflies. I didn't get a picture of her with the butterfly.

DJ checking out the big vulture. He was fascinated with it!

All the cousins at the zoo, minus Evan (who was in his stroller!). Loved this picture!

I think the funniest thing that happened was at the Canadian Wildlife. I usually skip this one, but everyone wanted to go through it. So away we went. We got halfway around and came up to the Buffalo exhibit. The girls ran up to the fence and were talking loudly, pointing at the two buffalo that were standing fairly close. All of the sudden the one buffalo charge the fence. He rammed his head between two bars and was flinging his head up and pawing the ground. All the girls screamed and jumped back. It kind of startled us adults too. Luckily there were two fences surrounding the crazy buffalo. The girls then started laughing and went up to the fence again. The buffalo charged again. So we left! It was kind of funny!
The crazy buffalo getting ready to charge again!

The kids climbing on the rocks.

Abbi posing for me!

Brianna and Mary being super cute!

On the way out we got to go into the Penguins building and watch the workers feed the penguins. We saw that last time too. It was really cool. The kids loved watching the penguins. It was the perfect way to end our trip there.
Saying bye to the Penguins!

We then decided to go out for supper. We all met at Pizza Hut and had supper together. DJ was kind of having an off day. He still wasn't feeling the greatest. I took the stroller for him, in the zoo. I usually don't put him in a stroller anymore, because he's so big. But the poor kid, just didn't have energy. When we went to eat, he told me he wanted spaghetti. When it came, he just put his head down and started crying. Cody and I were trying to figure out what was wrong. Then he started crying and saying, "Me no want small balls me want big balls." It took me a bit before I figured out what he meant. He wanted meat balls. They didn't have any, just meat sauce! It was pretty funny! Cody finally took a bite and overly exaggerated how good it was. Then DJ started to eat it. Funny boy!

We stopped by Cody and Em's for everyone to use the bathroom. I got all my kids changed into jammies and then we were off. I put another movie on for them to watch. This time we had Anna in with us and my mom. We got home around 9:30pm. DJ fell asleep and stayed asleep when we got home. It was a long but fun day. I'm glad we went. The kids had a blast!

No comments: